06 September 2014

Punk Floral for the Gold

gold + punk floral

Like my last post, we'll also file this outfit under "stuff to wear now Now NOW." So while temps are still in the high 80s, I'm wearing these brightly-hued shorts - though yikes, I am pale! Maybe it is a good thing that I'll need to be covering up pretty soon so I'm not longer blinding people with my chicken skin-pale legs ...

I'll be sad to retire these sandals though, as they have pretty much been my go-to shoe this summer and have been able to add some nice oomph to my outfits. Who would have thought of gold shoes as such a nice wear-with-everything neutral?

Which makes me think that maybe I need to invest in some more gold-hued footwear. What would you ladies think of metallic gold pumps for the fall, like with a point-toe? Would that veer too much into circa 1986 territory or does it have possibilities?

gold + punk floral gold + punk floral

Top: J.Crew factory (worn here - sim, short-sleeve, tank, tunic)
Shorts: J.Crew factory (worn here - sim darker, sporty, tropical, as dress)
Necklace: Purple Peridot (worn here - sim, sim)
Bracelets: Love Obsessed (sim), J.Crew factory chain-link, Rachel Leigh (sim striped), Yunikelley (sim, sim)
Shoes: Zara block heel (worn here - sim, flats)
Bag: Kate Spade lacey (worn here - sim, sim)

gold + punk floral

gold + punk floral

24 comments:

  1. Those sandals are great and I love the it paired the floral punk print. I never thought I needed gold shoes in my life and now I have 2 pairs. They are so versatile and goes with everything so I say go for it!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts make me smile. What a happy sweet pattern! Lisa, go for the gold pumps. Even if they veer into 1986 I have no doubt that because you are wearing them - they will be incredibly stylish.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those shorts! So bright and fun. I feel like gold pointed pumps would be a great investment for the fall, they would look seriously amazing! Go for it!!

    Joanne | www.fashion-oh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about gold pumps too, I saw them on someone in a magazine the other day and they looked so chic. I say go for it! on you they'll be more 1956 movie starlet, less 1986 party girl (although that could be a good too LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best accessories! Great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am a big fan of gold sandals--they're such a perfect summer neutral! I think some gold pumps would be perfectly appropriate and not too Cyndi Lauper.
    I also love your shirt--where was I when that was in J.Crew Factory stores? I'll be stalking eBay to see if I can find one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't really remember, probably a year or two ago. My big sis actually gave it to me.

      Delete
  7. I prefer silver (mirror) pumps over gold, lord knows why, but I think that seems a bit less flashy and easier to match. I have a pair of mirror oxfords and I'm pretty keen to wear them this fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should look at silver ones too, I don't give silver enough love!

      Delete
  8. I used to only like silver, but I'm coming around to gold. I like this sandals--sad they have to go! I also really like the sweater! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look girl! You always look amazing. I think that the gold pumps could be cute, but you just have to find the right one. I have a pair of gold sequins pumps and I can't wait to wear them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This print is definitely one of my favs. It's so bright and bold and I love it!
    Rosalyn
    Www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun mix of prints! That punk floral has caught my eye on other bloggers - I really like it with the gold stripes. I say YES to the gold shoes ... I think you'd style them amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the punk floral print but these shorts are the only piece I have in that pattern. I think it goes great with the gold too, thanks!

      Delete
  12. This is such a cute combo...punk floral is one of my favorite prints ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I especially love your gold sandals.
    Greetje
    (Haven't forgotten you)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).