04 May 2016

Mixed Business Casual

I appreciate the crispness of a sharply tailored suit, but for more everyday work wear, I like traditional separates done with a twist. Like blazer styling on a petal-pink vest. Or a cotton button-down pin-striped shirt done in mixed materials with a scalloped collar and lace sleeves. And flats and a bag in a mirror-metallic. Nothing like being dressed appropriately, but still with a bit of personality.

pink vest

Vest: Banana Republic (worn before - sim, bright hue under $30, dress version)
Shirt: English Factory via Shopbop (sim simpler, denim)
Jeans: Banana Republic factory (sim, sim)
Shoes: J.Crew factory (worn before - sim under $50, sim, sim also by JCF)
Bag: Coach poppy flight in mirror metallic (worn before - sim, sim pricey, sim for $36)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful vest - I just picked one up and am looking for options on how to style it.. had never thought of wearing it with a button down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it also goes great with black and white stripes, thanks much!

      Delete
  2. Love the vest and lace detailing.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt is beautiful! I love the sleeves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with you 100 percent! I kind of feel like I need to put those little personal twists in, or I'm just another drone. This is such a cute outfit, and I especially love that shirt! So quirky-chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you - I actually feel more out of place in an all-matching-all-black suit than I would in business separates.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).