28 March 2016

"Rayures Noires et Blanches"

black stripes + pink

Every time I wear black and white stripes, I envision myself looking like a jaunty Parisian (which is completely incorrect for many reasons) - though my friends and co-workers prefer to break it down more basically for me by referring to me in stripes as the Hamburglar or a French person of the mime variety. Sigh, thanks again, pals. How do you say "robble, robble" in French?

black stripes + pink black stripes + pink

Blazer: J.Crew Robert Noble herringbone (worn before - sim, sim)
Top: Lands' End shaped striped on sale under $20 (sim under $15, sim cropped)
Skirt: J.Crew striped eyelet (sim under $25, sim mini under $40 or this one for $15)
Necklace: via Ebay (sim, sim in color for under $60 or this one in black for $21)
Rings: F21
Shoes: J.Crew gemma on sale (same in solid, sim under $90)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff quilted affair (same mini)

black stripes + pink

8 comments:

  1. I would absolutely not think Hamburglar if you walked by me in this outfit. It screams in-charge Parisian businesswoman. I love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, aw thanks, girl! I think I'd probably have to throw in a pair of killer heels to make it WERK!

      Delete
  2. So cute! So French! Not mime or Hamburglar, but I did laugh at that. ;) It's something I struggle with when it comes to the stripes though. I think it really helps that you have the stripes under a blazer, and it's not the focus of the entire top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I love love love stripes, but sometimes I have to check myself to make sure I'm not looking to costume-y, hehe.

      Delete
  3. Nice. The herringbone jacket is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove this blazer - I don't buy multiples often but I do have this oldie in three colors.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).