18 September 2015

Now, Later and After: Utility Vest

utility vest 3-ways

It's kind of that weird fall-but-not time of year where I could potentially wear any of these outfits on any given day and still be weather-appropriate. But we are definitely entering layering season and I do love my layers as you can well see here.

So today's post highlights another one of my layering favorites, the utility vest. Granted the first time I wore this vest out I did get a MacGyver comment from a co-worker ... but what do most men know about style anyways? Since then this piece has become a workhorse in my wardrobe and I adore the opportunity to dress it up and down.

I've seen the fatigue green utility vest around a lot on the blogosphere and I am always looking for new ideas on how to wear mine (or to justify getting another one, hehe ...) - how do you ladies like to wear your vests?

Wear Now    ♥     ♥    

utility vest 3-ways utility vest 3-ways

Vest: Forever 21 (similar green fatigue vests)
Top: Maeve by Anthropologie (similar printed blouses)
Jeans: Banana Republic (similar skinny ankle jeans)
Bracelet: J.Crew (similar gold cuff bracelets)
Ring: INPINK (similar stone rings)
Shoes: Seychelles (similar strappy heeled sandals)
Bag: Coach (similar hobo bags with these classic style by Marc by Marc Jacobs)
+++

Wear Later    ♥     ♥    

utility vest 3-ways utility vest 3-ways

Dress: Target (similar stretch black dresses or this classic silhouette by Black Halo)
Tee: H&M (similar B&W striped tops - and dresses)
Necklace: J.Crew (similar gold statement necklaces)
Bracelet: J.Crew (similar rhinestone bracelets)
Shoes: Farylrobin x Free People (similar suede ankle boots)
Bag: Pour La Victoire (similar tan satchels)
+++

Wear After That    ♥     ♥      

 utility vest 3-ways utility vest 3-ways

Jacket: Ann Taylor (similar leather-sleeved jackets)
Jeans: J.Crew (similar distressed jeans, including these styles by AG)
Rings: Forever 21 (similar ring sets)
Shoes: Farylrobin via Anthropologie (similar B&W heeled sandals)
Bag: Cole Haan (similar clutches)
+++

utility vest 3-ways

utility vest 3-ways

utility vest 3-ways

 * All similar item links are direct, not affiliate, thanks to my partner, Shopbop.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly I haven't found a utility vest that fits properly yet :s I love your combo with the dress though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing there are a ton of options out there - keeping looking, I think they are a really versatile piece. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).