29 October 2014

June's Meadow in October

spring mix for fall

We'd have a few days of beautiful warm weather in the SE and I am taking full advantage of it by wearing a spring-y combo and my fave Liberty of London print. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I feel like I've had a hard time accepting the cooler weather so far this fall - I either am in summer garb and freeze, or going into Wear All Things mode (because if it's not three shirts, a vest and a scarf, it ain't right, right?)

And time just seems to be flying by - Daylight Savings ends this weekend (November already!), so remember to turn your clocks back. Ah blissful extra hour of sleep!

spring mix for fall spring mix for fall 

Sweater: Banana Republic popcorn stitch (on sale, worn here - sim steal, sheer, slouchy)
Shirt: J.Crew Liberty perfect in june's meadow (worn here - sim, sim, bolder)
Skirt: J.Crew factory rugby stripe (worn here - sim, embellished, set)
Necklace: J.Crew-inspired via Etsy (worn here - sim, darker, over-the-top version)
Bracelet: INPINK barnacle (worn here - sim, darker)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire mai (worn here - sim, steal, stiletto)

spring mix for fall

22 comments:

  1. Sigh, June's Meadow envy is happening over here! This look is just gorgeous. Have you ever been to the Liberty's store in London? It's an interesting place to go browsing, and I have a feeling they sell that fabric by the metre...

    We switched to Daylight Savings this past weekend. Time sure does fly - it feels like only yesterday that our new apartment looked like a crackhouse, not fit for a llama pen - and now it's all cosy and we're living in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys look like you're settling in nicely from your IG account - now you're gaming!

      I've only briefly been at the Liberty store - I was out of time! - would love for an excuse to go back.

      Delete
  2. I need that sweater!

    Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com
    A $300 Kate Spade giftcard giveaway on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this outfit! We've been having weird weather too. I usually freeze in the mornings and then I'm good in the afternoon. I'm trying to get as many bare leg outfits in as I can before tights are a must!

    I usually love this time switch for the extra hour but I'm a little nervous this year because I'm not sure how B is going to react to it. I'm afraid it's just going to mean I'll be up at 6:30am instead of 7:30! We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think babies or pets revel in that extra hour of sleep as much as we do, hehe.

      Delete
  4. I always have a hard time "embracing" the cooler weather because I cannot stand COLD weather. I love all of your layers here Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lisa this outfit is just gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to daylights savings for the sake of getting the kids on the bus in the morning, but I'm not looking forward to it for the evening. I have that sweater and love it! This whole look is so perfect for holding on to warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pattern mix master - I am all for the popcorn sweater. Its amazing how you can not only mix patterns but also textures and get away with it looking like a star. I am a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much - this sweater has sold me, I kind of feel like I need another textured ivory sweater!

      Delete
  8. So pretty! White and cream always look so fresh in autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that sweater more every time you feature it here--so pretty! The daylight savings change had completely slipped my mind, so thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only about half of my clocks has been switched back and I've been to lazy to do the rest yet - which means I'm threatening to mess myself up!

      Delete
  10. It' still summer weather here too so I am wearing spring like outfits. Love the layers here.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope to see you tomorrow for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your top is so beautiful! I wish we had weather like this going on!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Welll that warm weather is long gone now - brrr!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).