21 July 2014

Dropping Waists

blue drop waist

Yes, I did like romping around in the striped version of this dress so much that I had to get it in a solid hue as well. Drop waists don't usually work well for a shortie with stocky legs like myself, but this dress fit and hit me at the right places. What a nice surprise for me and a fun cas look for summer!

blue drop waist blue drop waist

Shirt: Lands' End Canvas gingham poplin (worn here - sim, peplum, deal)
Dress: Old Navy drop-waist (striped version, pricy)
Earrings: Jeweliq contessa (worn here - sim, lighter-hued)
Bracelets: J.Crew factory chain-link, Love Obsessed (sim, pricey grander), Sage K and Co (the original, sim)
Shoes: Vince Camuto ellington (worn here - sim, sim)
Bag: Longchamp (worn here - sim, horizontal stripes)

blue drop waist

blue drop waist

24 comments:

  1. Fantastic colour, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks great on you, the tied top was a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm. Totally obsessed with this! These colors look so great on you Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tied shirt to break up the long lines - also love the glammed friendship bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute and love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I totally need to wear these earrings more often!

      Delete
  6. The dress looks great on you, I love how you tied the top over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I'm always a sucker for blue. J'adore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute dress and perfect for remixing! Love the gingham as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's like you are a modern Dorothy Gale! (Wizard of Oz.) I mean that in a good way. It's so, so cute.
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're so right! I need some sparkly red sandals now!

      Delete
  10. This dress is such a great color! Love your bag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That blue is gorgeous on you! I can see why you had to buy it despite having the same dress in stripes already :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like buying in multiples. If a style works for me and it comes in more colors I like, I am all over it!

      Delete
  12. I like it, specially the shirt tied at the waist - and of course the earrings !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, I love the dropped waist dress in the perfect cornflower blue. The gingham shirt is a fAve of mine nd this works so well paired together. Love the bling, too!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go Old Navy! That dress looks really cute on you...I think it might add too much weight to my lower half...oh well. I'll have to vicariously live thru you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blue is my favorite color so I'm loving this outfit. That gingham top is really the icing on the cake. ~Cynthia | My Rose Colored Shades

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog, you rock the button front shirt! I have the same shirt in Orange from Canvas. I wish I would have bought thblue one. Interested in selling?;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).