23 May 2014

Nautical by Nature

nautical stripes

eShakti asked me to do a product review a few weeks ago and having seen their cute offerings all over the blogosphere, I jumped on the opportunity. I was able to pick out my own dress and of course I had to go nautical - and red, white and blue is no-fail, right?

When ordering from eShakti, you have the option of either selecting from standard numerical sizing or customizing for only $7.50. I selected standard sizing but chose customized styling, so I was able to pick the neckline, sleeve-type and length that worked best for my figure and height. After placing my order, I received my dress within two weeks via DHL.

As for fit? I selected my size based off their listed standard sizing measurements instead of just picking my normal numerical size and I'm glad I did - these guys are spot-on with measurements. I think my normal numerical size would have been too small. I also appreciate that eShakti adjusted the length for my height too - no going to the tailor with this dress.

I am pretty impressed with eShakti. They've got loads of cute styles (I think Anthropologie and ModCloth fans would be impressed) to pick from, plus the prices are pretty darn reasonable considering you can customize your best fit for this much => <= more money.

You can use code RTSES for 10% off your next order, good through June 23! Or if you sign up to their site, you can get a $25 credit!


nautical stripes nautical stripes

Blazer: Sine via Anthropologie brief meeting (worn here - sim, sim)
Dress: c/o eShakti racing stripe colorblock
Earrings: J.Crew crystal shimmer (worn here - sim, sim)
Bracelets: J.Crew factory chainlink, leopard (sim), crystal(sim)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson jaide (worn here - sim, sim)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (worn here - sim, sim)

nautical stripes

nautical stripes

For those in the States, have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! May you have some fab fun with your friends and fam on this unofficial start of summer holiday, and take a moment to pay respect to the sacrifices made by our military men and women and their families.

27 comments:

  1. That is such a cute dress! Such lovely colours :) I've heard lots of nice things about eShakti :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! They used to have a more limited range of styles but now they are so versatile and cover all the trends. This looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - I remember checking them out on the early-set and they didn't had too much variety but they've got a ton of choices now!

      Delete
  3. Saw the sneak peek on Instagram yesterday and couldn't wait for the grand reveal. Uh-mazing! I like the edits you did on the basic dress and the colors are perfect. You really must have Memorial Day on the brain, eh? Hrm...maybe I can inveigle my hubby to buy an eShakti dress for me for my birthday next week. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so cute! I'm really intrigued by the custom sizing... off to check them out. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go by the measurements listed and no really by the numerical sizing, imo.

      Delete
  5. This is a great dress Lisa and the fit looks spot on to me, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh Lisa this dress is Memorial Day perfection! I adore the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cute!!! I love the flared skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crazy about this beautiful striped dress. The colors are nautical, and I would expect that of you, but I absolutely love the placement stripes. I think it was great for you to choose the option where they can make the address to your measurements, that is just brilliant. I also love the striped bag. Thank you for mentioning the holiday it is meaningful one. Kisses,Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The addition of the yellow stripes is a nice extra touch, IMO.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous dress! It's perfect for Summer. Another blogger I visit wore one of their newest designs with an anchor. So cute. eShakti creates the cutest dresses.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, cute! I like their prints - I saw a bicycle print skirt that is fab!

      Delete
  10. Oh - I love love love this dress! The colors are fantastic and it fits you to a T. And - you paired it with our Brief Meeting Blazer which I still love and wear all the time.
    I have often wondered about eShakti. They have such cute stuff. So the quality is good. Hmmmm... I will have to scope them out again.
    Thanks for the review, Lisa!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Brief Meeting blazer is one of my faves from Anthro as well. It's got more personality than the standard navy blazer but it's appropriate enough for biz dressing.

      Delete
  11. I love eShakti and you are so adorable! The post title alone is the best...
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this dress is adorable on you, and of course I love anything nautical. I've had a couple dresses from them, and both times they didn't end up fitting correctly. Maybe I just don't know how to measure myself properly?
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's partly why I went with their listed standard sizing and didn't try to input my own measurements - I figured I had a pretty good chance of messing something up and ending up with something unwearable!

      Delete
  13. What a great dress and indeed it looks as if it is made for you. Very very very beautiful. Also cute with the jacket. Nice combination with that clutch.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit! You reminds me to use my stripe blazer...

    ReplyDelete
  15. You usually do so much with pattern mixing and layering on statement jewelry, and this is such a pretty, minimalist look that feels a bit different from what you usually wear. Still just as chic as always, though! The nautical colorblocking isn't a trend I've seen a lot of, so it feels very fresh and modern. Great to read another positive review from eShakti, too! It's tempting me to head over there... :-)

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great dress - I love how you can take a garment and just give it your own personal spin.
    In this case, the accessories and the bag - you've got style girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).