09 August 2012

Respect the Outfit {Your Summer Staples}

Happy Early August and It's Only Still Just Thursday to you ladies. It's time for another Respect the Outfits reader feature, this time showcasing you Summer Staples. What do you like to wear when the weather is at its warmest (in your area, at least) and you just want to throw something on that is still an outfit without the hassle? Check out how some of these lovely stylish ladies do it -

♥  Jeannie from Colorful Corporate
My summer staple is a cotton dress in a bright color, with a statement necklace and bright shoes. I love dresses that can go casual or evening, like this strapless one from J.Crew.


I'm a t-shirt fan all the way, so, naturally, finding a way to wear a tee as appropriate casual office wear is a no-brainer. A slim skirt, belt and either dainty necklace or lightweight scarf add interest. Oh, and apparently I'm going to wear these shoes for all eternity.


♥  fshnonmymind from Notes from the Dressing Room
When it's hot outside all I want to do is slip on the easiest and lightest thing possible, so what better to put on than a pair of shorts. I only wish I could wear them to work too. With my hair up, a pair of shades and sandals, I can usually tackle the hottest of days. Oh, and ice cream always helps too.


♥  Isabel from La Conception Des Femmes
I teach so my summers are spent NOT getting dressed, but when I need to, I always reach for my white jean shorts. They make anything I wear feel light, summery, and bright! To up the fashion of just tanks and shorts, I wear this striped sweater tank from Nordstrom and pair it with either my white or navy shorts. I think it adds a bit of texture. Or you can throw out the idea of shirt or tank and just wear a zipped up vest instead! But my absolute favorite outfit this summer has been my extremely lightweight button up shirt paired with a black ruffled tank and my white shorts. I feel pulled together but laid back with this combination! It works best when I'm going to spend more time indoors than out since the sleeves protect from blasts of a/c while the tank can help me strip if I can't bear it inside my car any longer. I wear bright pops of teal in my earrings, necklace and flats.


♥  Lisa from Life and Style by Lisa B


♥  Natasha from Moody Girl in Style
I love this outfit because it's still summery and work appropriate at the same time.   I've already worn this outfit a few times this summer.  I just change out the tank top with different bright colors like the green seen here, royal blue and hot pink.  I think that the pop of color looks perfect under the jacket and with the white pants.


♥  Angie
Tank tops and shorts are my easy summer staples. At times I will put on a thin cardigan to protect myself from under fierce sunlight or indoors w/ air-conditioning. For a little more fun, I try to add an eye-catching or cute necklace to fill in bare chest space.


♥  Rachel from Fair Vanity
This crocheted shirt is a summer staple for three reasons:
1) permanent air-conditioning for DC's swamp-like summers
2) Summer is the best time to show our patriotism at summer BBQs and Olympic viewing parties, and this shirt made in the USA by Staring at Stars
3) It's really long and can double as a beach cover up!


♥  Shea from Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique
Shorts and t-shirts are summer staples for me, and I love having fun with them by trying bold color combinations. This chambray shirt has also been my go-to jacket this summer, because whenever it's hot outside I can pretty much guarantee I'll be cold inside!


♥  Laura from Little Pieces of Love
With unpredictable weather here in San Francisco you can't go wrong with skinny jeans, a blouse, a blazer, and a pop of color necklace!

BTW, Laura is getting hitched this weekend - major virtual hugs and champagne toasts to you, girl!

♥  Taylor from Two Wheelers
My summer staple this year is a HAT! Not only does it keep that hot, hot sun off my pale, pale face, it makes any outfit look both interesting and finished! Plus, it's a no-brainer for a humid case of the bad hair days!


♥     ♥     ♥     ♥

And here's my go-to look when the temps get h-h-hot out. My typical weekend outfits consist of shorts with a tee or button-down, but it is just as easy - and a bit girlier - to slip on a loose knit dress. It keeps me cool without being too clingy and takes about 20 seconds to get dressed! Plus loose knit dresses are excellent for weekend afternoon dozing when it is too unbearable to go outside to do anything.

rosy  rosy

rosy

Dress: Garnet Hill floral-trimmed knit (on sale, worn here - sim, plain, plain, party)
Bag: Longchamp (worn here - sim, sim, -ish here, colorful)
Necklace: c/o Jewelmint (worn here - sim, pricey)
Ring: Glitterbox Jewelry via Etsy (sim, sim)
Shoes: Adrienne Vittadini yancy (worn here - sim, sim)

34 comments:

  1. Everyone looks adorable! I love seeing all this fabulousness at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tara, I love all of these outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your dress - the floral embellishment adds the perfect amount of interest to an already great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of summer staples. Mine would be most similar to yours and Jeannie's. . .a colourful, lightweight dress and statement necklace is definitely my look for summer.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing everyone's staples! I am with you on the summer dress...it's such an easy, no brainer outfit :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    JEWELIQ Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh darnit....i forgot to submit AGAIN! everyone looks so cute!!!

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always in a sundress, especially a loose cotton,if I can be. Or, my "worn to death" khaki twill mini with a tank. Nothing keeps me cooler. The pink is very becoming on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet post. Really loved reading and seeing what each of the girls picked. I wish I had remembered to submit. Next time for sure. :)

    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so much fun to be a part of Lisa, thanks for hosting! I loved seeing everyone's summer staples, and now I have a few new blogs to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so munch fun to participate in! Everyone looks fab! Thanks for including me Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this feature! Gave me some new ideas - I feel like summer dressing, especially for HOT weather, can get a little repetitive (at least for me). I feel like I wear the same outfit over & over sometimes!

    Your dress is SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post - loved seeing all the different styles! I always reach for a jersey knit maxi skirt or dress in the summer, light and comfortable and easy to outfit. :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm like you with the loose knit dresses. They're perfect! Great for weekends or throw on a blazer for work. I love yours with the rosette details on top! That color is gorgeous on you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing! I love that aqua and orange combination! Great to get links to some new bloggers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh darn it, this post is so full of inspiration! Which is great but also horrible for how I am trying to be productive today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone looks gorgeous! I am with you - knit dresses are so easy and airy in the heat of summer, but I'm also showing my shorts some love this year - never thought I'd wear them as much as I have been, but being cool has trumped hating my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this pics and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great summer looks. :) And now I have some lovely new blogs to add to my reading list ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all these summer looks :) and your last dress is really pretty too

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many lovely ladies with wonderful summer looks! Great post by all:) I will be checking out these fashionistas, xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everyone looks wonderful! Lots of style inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great roundup! Everyone looks fabulous :) Love this roundup Lisa!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy to be featured!!!! :)

    Taylor

    ohwelltatslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the outfit in the first picture! That blue color and the orange look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. great summer staples -- mine is definitely the hat too!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  26. I enjoyed all the summer looks and some of the new-to-me blogs! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a great idea for your blog!! I love seeing everyones outfits!
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post! I need to check those ladies out! And I totally agree that a dress is a go to when it's too hot!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice blog dear.
    Check out this lovely giveaway on my blog:
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/2012/08/seven45-giveaway.html
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so happy to see your readers with their lovely summer outfits, myself included. I especially like your dress. It must be very comfy being dressed in it.

    Thank you for hosting this feature. Love to see myself appear in your blog!

    Angie from HK.

    ReplyDelete
  31. ooh i love your bag. i just ordered a longchamp le pliage yesterday... but now i want this one too!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much! Love this feature, and was so happy to be included :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...