28 June 2012

Respect the Outfits {Your Favorites}

Hey, ladies! It's that time for another edition of Respect the Outfits reader feature. This time, we're showcasing Your Favorites - those pieces in your closet that magically combine themselves into something that makes you feel and look like a million bucks.

The lovely gals who participated this time around are really showcasing the spectrum of bright summery hues and I love it - thank you, ladies, for sending in your beautiful outfit pics!

♥     ♥     ♥      ♥

♥  Tara from Mix and Match Fashion:
This is one of my favorite outfits because the combination of nautical and pink just screams summer!


♥  Kerry from La Conception des Femmes:
My outfit definitely falls under the "making a regular old day feel like the best day ever" category. It's nothing extraordinary, but every single piece I'm wearing is a favorite of mine! The bright colors in the top and skirt, combined with with whimsy of my necklaces, a leopard print belt, and my favorite height-boosting wedges made running errands on a Saturday a little more fun! The light-weight fabrics definitely made this hotter-than-haedes heat that we're experiencing here in Texas a lot more tolerable! xoxo


♥  Frannie from Frannie Pantz:
This outfit is very versatile. I had worn it the day before as just a tank and shorts and then threw on a blazer and heels for work. I felt great in it because the tank and shorts are loose, but not sloppy. There was room to breath in them and they were on trend as well. Usually I am super girly and prefer dresses and skirts, but for whatever reason, I was really feelin' this outfit.


♥  Lisa from Sweet Laundry:
I always feel my best when I dress up for a special occasion. I like this dress in particular because of the sequins and beading. The fact that it's the only item of clothing I own with some sparkle makes it extra special. I hope to wear for many more years :)


♥  EE from Eek!:
I love the neon pink-ness of this skirt and the fit is so flattering. I am sure I will be wearing this skirt a lot this summer!


♥  Sharon from The Tiny Heart:
I wore this outfit to my cousin's wedding and I just felt very put together...for once my hair, my makeup, and my outfit all decided to cooperate!


♥  Maigen from La Conception des Femmes:
I love this outfit because I love everything nautical! I just felt really springy and fun that day!


♥  Blondie from Blondie, Esq.:
Kate Spade makes the most whimsical clothes, and this dress cried out for me to buy it. I paired it with a chambray shirt and some fabric pumps and felt fabulous all day. How's that for a casual Friday?


♥  Izzywizz from Colour Makes People Happy:
This pic is special to me in many ways, first time I did show my face properly on the blog (before only headless chicken shots), first time my hubby took the pictures, we had such laugh! :) And I think the outfit is really cool. :)


♥  Mrs. C from Cairel Chronicles:
I'm a girl who's all about comfort & I didn't used to think that it was possible for comfy to equal cute.  But after I started reading style blogs, I realized it's super easy to spice up a comfy/simple outfit with a cute pair of heels or a fabulous necklace.  I love this outfit because the pink heels just make me HAPPY.  Plus the outfit is super comfy & I got so many compliments (that never hurts)! 


♥  TS from Thrifted Shift:
The picture is from Memorial Day weekend. I am wearing yellow, my favorite color. It was sunny and beautiful, I ate delicious food, and my husband and I went kayaking. It was pretty much a perfect day.


♥  Kat P from Kattack2000:
This is one of my fave outfits because it's a happy print and even in the Winter I can break this out to break up the black which is all around Melbourne :)



♥  Jessica from Swish and Swoon:
This outfit is special to me because I feel so confident when I mix and match two bold patterns. I am a quiet girl, but this outfit isn't exactly subtle. I like that I can wear this and stand out in the crowd a bit. It was also the first outfit post I ever did on my blog!





♥  Laura from Little Pieces of Love ...:
I love this outfit because its so out of my comfort zone but I'm getting used to it. And I've gotten so many kind compliments on the pattern!


♥  Natasha from Moody Girl in Style:
I love this dress because of all of the colors and stripes.  I paired it with my go to jacket from Old Navy to complete the look.  I've had this jacket for several years now and the best part about it is that I only paid $3 for it.


♥     ♥     ♥     ♥

And last, here I am! I haven't really worn this dress much on the blog because it is kind of basic, but I adore pretty much everything about it - the ponte knit, the fit, the flare of the skirt. It is so easy to pack for trips and literally goes with everything. What could be wrong with the ubiquitous LBD? Plus it is simple to change up the look, so I kind of went funky this time around.

LBD

LBD  LBD

Dress: Zara seamed (worn here - sim, pricey)
Necklace: nutcase fashion via Etsy (worn here - sim, sim, dainty, pricey)
Clutch: Rebecca Minkoff (worn here - sim, chevron, blue, cute, strapped)
Bracelet: F21 faceted cube (sim,sim)
Shoes: Zara lined wedge (worn here - sim, studded, brown)

LBD

37 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Lisa! Nice to meet all these lovely readers, and several familiar fashionable faces. :)

    Your outfit is so awesome!

    xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful outfits! This is a great feature Lisa - kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous & so closet-inspiring!!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww....i love this feature! going to have to participate next time! loving your LBD.

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these ladies!! great post!

    sarahsavvystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for putting this together, Lisa! You are delightful and these outfit posts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much style inspiration all together here! I love your LBD--the fit is perfection, and it looks so cute funked up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Lisa! I love your LBD!! And thanks again for letting me join your linking party! I think it is a great idea to ask women what made them feel their best. With all the pressure to be "the best" and all the insecurities that women have, it is nice to let them actually be ok with liking what they are wearing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I def know what you mean - we all gotta remember how fab we are and feel it, regardless if we're in black tie or flip flops!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for featuring me, Lisa! I love how your made your LBD so fun with all the cool accessories!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a custom clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this girl! Everyone looks so great! I seriously love all the outfits & feel honored to be included.

    Your LBD is FABULOUS! So versatile. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this feature! Nice to see all different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone looks so unique and gorgeous! I love seeing so much inspriation at once :) Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to stalk those shorts down after seeing you in them, Tara! No J.Crew is safe ...

      Delete
  13. Such a great post! I love everyone's individual style! http://www.natalyascloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun post! Thanks for including me and I can't wait to check out a bunch of new (to me) blogs! You look great in your LBD, it's definitely giving me ideas about what to do with mine! Thanks, Lisa!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome :) Loved all the posts and these are keeping me inspired for the summer time :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great features...I found some new blogs to read!!!
    Plus, Lisa, you are rockin' the hell out of your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for doing this feature & letting me be a part of it! So many fabulous looks! Lots of fun new blogs to read! :)
    Your shoes are to die for, Lisa!! Love your WHOLE outfit!

    *Maigen
    laconceptiondesfemmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's for this feature - I love seeing everyone's looks. And I love seeing how much pink every is wearing :)

    P.S. You are looking smashing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my book, you get the official credit for starting everyone on bright pink. You were rocking it and making it look fab way before J.Crew decided to splash it all over their pages this summer! ;o)

      Delete
  19. This is such a fun feature! Everyone looks fabulous :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  20. All these ladies are so inspiring with their very own style! Some good bloggers to follow and to keep me busy reading! I also love your necklace and shoes that look great with this LBD!

    Jenny L.
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The ladies look lovely. As for you, I LOVE this look. I think this is my favorite outfit of yours to date. The fit, length and flare of the dress are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks much! I gotta give most of the credit to the dress though!

      Delete
  22. Thanks for including me in this feature! Everyone looks great!

    I'm DYING over your overall look, but especially your necklace! AMAZING! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a fun post.I enjoyed it! And yes, you killed it again. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  24. so many fab ladies. i love ur dress.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this! Great job everyone, and Lisa those Zara wedges are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roxy. I'm still mildly surprised I haven't toppled over in these things yet! ::knock on wood::

      Delete
  26. What a fun feature and a stylish bunch!! I love seeing everyone's ensembles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So many pretty looks!!!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you mix and match everything! Nice post! If you have a minute, please check out my log and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!

    $30 RIRE giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cool feature! I love your funkified LBD look - that necklace is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fantastic series! Everyone looks amazing in their favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...