18 June 2012

Noch Ein Bier, Bitte!


Hey ladies. I was a bit tied up last week because I was away on a biz trip to Cologne, Germany! I didn't get to see much of the city while I was there, but the good thing was that my hotel was located right across the Rhine River from the Cologne Cathedral area, which is the main tourist area for the city, so I did get a bit of time to walk around there a bit.

Cologne is the fourth largest city in Germany and has the most pubs per capita in Germany - so yes, I ate well and consumed more than my share of beer. The weather was in the mid-60s, so it was fantastic for strolling around. I'll be back to my regular blogging in a bit, but in the interim, here are some bits and pieces from my time in Cologne:

Quaint riverside area near Cologne Cathedral - one of the few areas not directly affected during WWII.


Hohenzollern Bridge and the padlocks of love that stretch across the Rhine.


Sauerbraten, which is a pot roast type dish with a sweet and sour gravy. Served with dumplings and cabbage.
Sounds weird, tastest soooooo good.


Strange little duck that liked to sun itself in the outdoor patio area of my hotel.

Salad of young vegetables with fried boiled quail eggs - best thing I ate during my trip.

Some of my work outfits for the week, taken through my hotel room mirror.
Blazer: Zara, Skirt: J.Crew chiffon, Shoes: Etienne Aigner ethel
Blazer: Banana Republic, Dress: Zara, Belt: J.Crew skinny, Shoes: You by Crocs
Blazer: Zara, Top: J.Crew tippy, Skirt: J.Crew double serge no. 2 pencil, Shoes: Etienne Aigner ethel

27 comments:

  1. Oh I love Germany so much! And you're there right in the middle of Euro Cup fever!!! How fun!!!
    Love your outfits kid!!

    xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cologne looks beautiful! I also love your outfits, especially that orange pleated skirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I have yet to take my first international business trip but I anxiously await the day! You look fab as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were only a couple hours away from me,did you know that?

    The euro cup fever is really crazy right now,we went to a public viewing yesterday.
    did you see any soccer fans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Most evenings were OK but when Germany played the Netherlands, it was mayhem - red, yellow and black everywhere! After dinner, we walked back a ways behind a guy wearing an orange Netherlands jacket - boy, he got heckled!

      Delete
  5. I'd love to go to Germany! Glad to her able to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a beautiful city! And all that eating and drinking sounds heavenly :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, beautiful pictures! And what great weather! I love that chiffon skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos! The food looks amazing, and the architecture is of course, breathtaking. Any idea what those numbers on the sides of the buildings mean? One of them looks like it might be dates. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the numbers are the years that the building was added on - 1721 was when the first two floors were originally built, then 1921 was when the third floor was added, etc. Of course I am just guessing here!

      Delete
    2. that's what i thought too! the ones that confuse me are the buildings painted different colors. maybe it's the angle and we can't see all the numbers which is why they don't' make much sense :) sigh... i overthink things like this all the time. haha!

      Delete
  9. Mmm, German food. Some days there's nothing like meat and potatoes! Great work outfits too. I wish I had the chance to travel for my job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could avoid the whole "getting there" part of it, it'd be awesome, haha!

      Delete
  10. Looks like an amazing trip and Lisa - love the pops of colors in every outfit. You look fantastic.

    Red Soles and Red Wine

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures are pretty!! Love that orange skirt on your :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I've never been to Cologne before, but I'm definitely interested in checking it out. Your pictures of the architecture, scenery and food are amazing. I especially love the picture of the Sauerbraten...it looks hearty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always enjoy seeing Europe pix, thnx for sharing:) Those multicolored pastel bldgs are cute...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see you got the essential phrase down all right.

    You are the 4th person I read/hear about going to Cologne this month: first it was xoxo, and then my boss and co-worker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what matters at the end of the day! ;o)

      Delete
  15. these are beautiful pictures of Cologne! and nice outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like an amazing trip - gorgeous photos!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty city! And love your coral skirt and shoes! Beautiful! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Win $40 giftcard from Reecn.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so awesome! Lisa, you have a really cool job. Cologne is beautiful! Love the yummy food pics and your work outfits look awesome. Glad you had a great time.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool pics! Not sure if you've said it before & I missed it, but what do you do that sends you to Germany?! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go for a trade show - Germany WAS cool!

      Delete
  20. Many greetings from a cologne-born woman that loves her city - and your style :-) Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...