30 May 2012

Some Colorful Questions

Thanks to Aki for tagging me to answer 11 questions of her choosing! I'm traveling for work for the rest of this week, so here are some bits and pieces about me -

1. Who is your favorite superhero? Why?
Rogue from the X-Men. She has the ability to absorb the power of anyone she touches - so technically she could get any power she wants to. Bwahahahaha!
Unfortunately she also has no control over her abilities and can also take life force if she holds onto someone long enough - which means no physical contact, which makes her a tragic figure for me. Boooo ...

2. What is your favorite magazine?
I've got too many to name just one, though I don't really read any in regularity: Saveur for foodie gastronomy, Taste of Home for recipes, Lucky for shopping, Elle Decor for the well-dressed I-wish-it-were-mine home, National Geographic for general interest, US Weekly for my dose of celeb "reality."

3. Have you ever lived abroad?
Only the first three years of my life - I was born in Taiwan!
Other than that, my time abroad is limited only to short-term travel.

IMG_5423

4. If you could only wear one accessory (bracelet, earring, necklace, etc.) for the rest of your life, what would you wear?
Necklace - easy statement, one piece. Plus necklaces rarely ever get in the way of anything.

5. Do you own any animals?
I've got the best pup in the world, my pup Pacey. She's a mix of part rat terrier, part Saturday night - full-bred knuckle head!

6. How do you know when it's true love?
Hm, this one's hard. When you think of someone else's needs above your own? When you can anticipate someone's needs before they do? When you go above and beyond for someone in their time of need without asking?

7. As for perfume... floral, fruity, foodie, other?
I like scents with green tea, so I guess foodie? Though my current fave perfume is Stella by Stella McCartney, which is very floral.

8. Do you have a favorite store to shop at for clothes?
I think this one if probably already too obvious. J.Crew is my recent number one. Anthropologie and Zara are my current seconds and thirds.

IMG_5440  IMG_5447

9. What blogging habit gets on your nerves?
Once again I don't think I can pick one thing but loads of little things that have bugged me about blogging at one time or another -
The idea that the more popular a blogger is then the more "right" they are in their opinions and the more untouchable they seem.
People whose sole goal is gather as many followers are possible as quickly as possible.
People who drop offensive anon comments for no reason - there's disagreeing with something on a blog post which is fine and valid, and then there's making snide comments that are just being mean for mean's sake. What's the point?
And I know people are free to blog however they want to and there are no set "rules of participation" for blogging, but it does irk me that some bloggers seem to reside in their own personal blog bubble and they aren't responsive or communicative.

10. What type of music do you like listening to? Any favorite artists or songs?
I'm a weirdo - I am not a big music person. My music listening "magic time" is the drive to/from work. But I do enjoy a mix of everything - Sara Bareilles, the Cranberries (remember them?), the Doors, Jason Mraz, Rihanna, 50 Cent, the Civil Wars. Of-the-moment obsession? Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson - darn you catchy can't-get-you-out-of-my-mind pop tunes!

11. Are you satisfied with your job?
Yes- it pays well. ;o)
But seriously? It isn't exactly what I envisioned myself doing when I was growing up. I don't consider it a dream job. I don't think I'll be changing the world doing what I do. But I am good at it, it satisfies and challenges me, and it allows me to live like I want to.

♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

How about you ladies? Let's learn a bit more about you - wanna answer one or more of the above questions yourself?

IMG_5452

Dress: Floreat by Anthropologie chromatic canvas (worn here - sim, pricey, pricey, w/sleeves, cas)
Jacket: Zara bleached denim (worn heresim, sim)
Shoes: Vince Camuto bello (sim pricey, reversed colors, cas wedge)
Necklace: ElizajayCharm via Etsy (worn here - sim, silver)

46 comments:

  1. This is a really cute colorful dress! And I'm with you about preferring necklaces because I also believe it can change an entire outfit when is a statement piece.

    Jenny L.

    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You can wear a tee shirt and suddenly a necklace will change the whole mood.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful dress. I really like that shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I just wore this dress last week an remembered how much I love it, the colors are gorgeous on you! And that re monogram necklace is awesome. The yellow sandals you asked about are Seychelles Harlow - love 'em, I have a Seychelles obsession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Seychelles too - they always come out with the most fun shoes.

      Delete
  4. I am SO eyeing that monogram necklace!

    I am with you on disliking bloggers that never respond. I feel like a big part of blogging is interacting with others and it's always so nice forming relationships with readers/other bloggers!

    -Sharon
    Enter to win a clutch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The interactions is one of the main reasons I got into blogging. I don't expect folks to respond to every single thing or go on every single blog to comment, but it's nice to see some interactions every once in a while just so you know your comments aren't left in vain!

      Delete
  5. Love this outfit! It loks great with the denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your answer to question 10 would be my answer too. And I can't get that song out of my head either especially after seeing this cute video....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWVwgDnuzE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH HA! That's totally where I first heard the song! My BF showed me that and now I'm hooked to the tune!

      Delete
  7. Your faded denim jacket was the perfect casual layer for this colorful frock. The print or your dress vaguely reminds me of a stained glass window that Frank Lloyd Wright designed (nerd alert!)

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress! (And the X-Men shoutout!)

    T

    www.ohwelltatslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love finding out more about blogger friends! I agree with your blogger pet peeved. There are a few too many blogging divas out there that are unresponsive and it bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress and loved reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm i'll bite.

    4. If you could only wear one accessory (bracelet, earring, necklace, etc.) for the rest of your life, what would you wear?
    my engagement ring!

    5. Do you own any animals?
    yes! my furkids include two chinchillas - Frankie and Ollie and our adopted kitty Rosie. rosie is our first joint animal adoption and she's truly our baby. hee.

    that dress looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh! I am such a bad GF! I totally forgot about my ring!

      Delete
  12. Love the motorcycle denim jacket and definitely digging that dress.

    2: Instyle, Lucky, Martha Stewart Living, Food Network and Real Simple. Yeah I love reading about fashion, copying diy and cooking new recipes.

    7: other- I love warm smells like cinnamon, vanilla, rosemary, peppermint, but I'm also in love with citrus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Stewart Living - yes. Her "Good Things" section is my fave.

      Delete
  13. very fun to read a little more about you, behind the scenes!

    2: Lucky, Everyday Food, Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living, Rachael Ray... I like food and clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok first...I love you more than I did yesterday because of your answer to #1. I have met only a handful of cool chicks (cool being the operative word here...ha!) that know superheros, let alone x-men...and who share my fave super hero. bravo. bra. vo.

    And TOTALLY feeling you on all your blogging...gripes? especially the non communicative ones. I hate when I really want to ask a blogger a question and I NEVER get an acknowledgement. Like...us little people who read your blog are why you are so big...humor me and give me advice/tips/feedback.

    And lastly...LOVE that dress! And the necklace is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five on being a Rogue fan! I've haven't been up-to-date in a while, but Rogue's romance with Gambit ... ::sheds tear::

      Delete
  15. Loved reading your answers to these questions! I love your dress too! Great necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful dress!!

    Great, honest answers. I honestly don't understand negative anonymous comments either. I don't understand why people take the time. Maybe they're people who are too timid to be bullies in real life but have a lot of pent up frustration that they like to take out on random people on the internet. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember seeing this dress and loving it...looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore this dress and I love your Q&A!! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This dress is adorable on you. I loved Rogue, when I was younger. I think I'm more partial to Ms. Marvel now. She just kicks so much ass. And her name is Carol. ;) And gah! I'm always worried about being one of those bad bloggers you mentioned - I never seem to have time to respond to comments. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so not a bad blogger. You're reading and commenting on other people's blogs - and I adore your interactions!

      Delete
  20. Pretty necklace :) Animals I have are : 4 rabbits, goldfish and budgies :) All of whom I would like to become like a dog :) haha *dogs are high maintenance and I don't have the time to take care of one* but i would love one!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs take up too much room in the bed, haha.

      Delete
  21. I soooo remember the Cranberries! I remember driving to school with their music blaring. Aahhh...good times! And I currently have Sara Barreilles's Kalaidescope Heart in my cd player in the car. Loved reading this post, Lisa. My fave superhero power is invisibility. Oh the things you could get away with. =)

    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great dress - reminds me to wear mine more!

    I love hearing little random facts about people - it's fun to see how you are similar and how you are different. I love statement necklaces but I tend to wear earrings more - they get less in the way than necklaces, to me... ;)
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  23. You always have the cutest outfits. :)

    I'm a huge music lover... I always have something playing in the background... Beatles, Bob Dylan, Led Zep, The Black Keys, anything Jack White touches... I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun dress!

    Regarding places to shop: I do love my vintage haunts - it's the most fun to shop at second-hand stores!

    ReplyDelete
  25. so nice learning more about my fellow bloggie friends. love your jacket... and the dress is so vibrant and summery--love it. :)

    hope you have a nice thursday!
    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my I am LOVING that dress, and Rogue is one of my faves too! Plus I love the name! ha

    So glad I stumbled upon your blog! Come on over and follow along my blog all about color! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Echoing everybody above, it is SO nice to get to know you a little better! And I am LOVING that dress, and your hair. You look so polished and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. omgosh i was born in taiwan and came here when i was 3 too!! that's so funny :)!!!

    i love love your colored monogram necklace that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow- I love the way these two pieces go together, the painterly chroma patches and the watery bleached denim! Very nice. YOU're my superhero...

    ReplyDelete
  30. i'm really loving zara right now! i need to shop there more often. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway -- Open internationally!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so surprised found you were born in Taiwan!! I am from Taiwan too~~~

    ReplyDelete
  32. I so so wish that my Chromatic Canvas Shirtdress fit me as perfectly as yours fits you! I just listed mine on the Trade Market, and it's kinda breaking my heart a little bit (but it just doesn't button up across the chest anymore). :( You look amazing though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...