08 May 2012

Respect the Outfits {Outtakes}

There's nothing like it when you walk out of your bedroom in the morning in an ensemble that you are just feeling - who knew a simple shirt or skirt could make you look so fantastic? You pose it up in those minutes before you need to run off to start life's battles for the day - grin, pose, click, click. Hand-in-hair, demure smile, click, click. Cross the legs, straight the straps, click, click.

And then you take a quick glance through your glam blogger pics and - WTF-dom?!

Most of us would hit the "delete" button faster than we can tweet out a new flash sale. This example obviously doesn't pertain to me - not because I always take rad awesome pics, but because one of my many nicknames is "Twitter-dumb." However those who are especially fierce amongst us are braving it out and sharing with you some of their less-than-perfect posing moments in this edition of Respect the Outfits: Outtakes!

♥  (Too late!) last-minute hair prep via Natasha from Moody Girl in Style:


♥  Have itch, must scratch, pics can wait! So says Debra from I Dream of Anthropologie:


♥  Don't you wish you could have better control over your photographer sometimes? Sometimes they are so ready to take the picture, they don't wait until you're ready yet! Mugdha from A Viligant Muse knows from experience:


♥  Sometimes an unexpected surprise comes up mid photo shoot - just ask AppGal from Musings on the Mountain:


♥  You want to show off your chic outfit in a cool setting all in the name of style blogging - then realize it really is fuh-reezing! Here's Cathy from Petite Therapy:



♥  Life's a balancing act - especially in stilettos(!) on a balance board. This is Natasha from Natasha Fatah:


♥  You think you've got the camera all set, and then ... it forget something, like your head. Here's (most) of Ina from Ina in Wonderland:


♥  Sometimes it's not easy deciding on the lighting, the props(!), realizing you should have tidied up, figuring out what to do with your limbs ... just ask Lindsay from Lindsay's Look:


♥  Don't you hate it when the typically lovely Mother Nature is not kind to an outdoor shoot? Here's a wind-swept Sharon from The Tiny Heart:


♥  And last and least, here are some of my recent personal best "winning" pics to share with you all:

IMG_4751  IMG_4755
Trying Failing to look coy here. And yes, mid-click, my hand touched something nasty-sticky on a tabletop.

IMG_4492  IMG_4652
Forgetting to re-open my eyes after a blink. And here's super duper sour-lipped Lisa - not cute!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a fashionable giggle, ladies. And many virtual hugs to you gals who participated and sent in some of your "best" pics to share!

♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

25 comments:

  1. Sometimes the awkward pics are the only ones I have so I try to work with it and I end up cropping my head off but it is what it is.

    Great job ladies, good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute post Lis!
    Thanks for including this teetering tottering fool.

    xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my fave features! it's great to not take blogging so seriously sometimes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing everyone else's outtakes! Thanks for the fun post, Lisa!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! I have several pics that didn't make the cut for one reason or another. Your pictures at the bottom are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so great! I forgot to send mine in....next time! I'm dying over the one of you looking at your fingers. Classic face! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun. Thanks Lisa, and all the other amazing women who contributed to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops,i didnt get that i have to send a funny pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. Definitely relate to each and every moment. I get so frustrated with my sisters when its time for editing.
    Have a great day.
    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be hard when you've got more than one person in a pic and more than one person editing. I have a hard enough time just dealing with myself, haha.

      Delete
  10. Love the photos, thanks to all these lovely ladies for sharing their outtakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, this was so cute! Thanks ladies. You are all awesome :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahha these are hilarious :) Great pick me up on a Wed morning!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Lisa for posting everyone's Outtakes...these pics are pretty funny. I hope that you collect more pictures again soon. I have a bunch of them.

    Natasha @ Moody Girl In Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post made made my day, and I love sour-lipped Lisa :) I've also discovered some new style blogs to follow - so thanks!

    I confess to deleting almost all my blooper pics as soon as I've posted the ones that make the cut - because I'm afraid I'll die and someone will find my camera :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than the ones I post, I don't keep any of my "failed" outfit pics - who wants to see 25 variations of me doing the same hand-on-hip pose? ;o)

      Delete
  15. Gosh, even your outtakes look good! This was a fun post. Thanks for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you don't see some of the ones I delete immediately from the camera - actually, no one should see those!

      Delete
  16. Funny Post. I thought I was the only one with this dilemma. I usually delete my not so good pictures immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fun/funny post! Thanks for the chuckles..even though most of these outtakes looked perfectly fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husby took the first outfit pic for my blog, it was super blurry and a part of the photo was blocked by his finger. I posted it because I thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My BF takes the worst pics of me. He completely chopped me off from the nose down (I know!) once in an attempt to get in as much of the scenery as possible.

      Delete
  19. What a great post - since all my outfit posts are almost always taken in the ladies room @ work, they all look pretty awful.

    fyi - while I love the dress in that last picture (the hot pink one w/ the sour lips) you *might* want to consider either a slip or lighter colored undies..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very fun post! I have soooo many outtakes, especially since my husband tends to do things (like make weird noises) to make me laugh during our quickie photo shoots. I did post a "typical discard shot" on my blog once, http://librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/vintage-suede-and-blue-floral/. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...