25 April 2012

I'm Bringing Awkward Back!

IMG_4221

 I’m bringing awkward back! Remember my old time Respect the Outfits reader feature? Dependent on the week and the topic, we got to see fellow readers at their more fabulous, loveable, pet-friendly cuddly or ill-timed photo best! Check out some old reader feature posts here, here and here.

I’d like to revive Respect the Outfits as an alternating monthly reader feature. I think it may be a fun way for us to be introduced to a bunch of new blogs and see each other at our fashionable best – or laughable not. To help “relaunch” the feature, I’d like to take us back to the topic that started it all – outfit outtakes!

IMG_4196  IMG_4190

Your hair is bouncy and glossy. Your lipstick is shiny smacking new. You've straightened your collar, poofed out your skirt. Hand on hip, straight back, big smile at the camera. Your photographer zooms in or your self-timer beeps away. A milli-second before picture perfection something goes horribly - humorously - wrong.

If you want to participate, it’s easy peasy –
  1. E-mail me at respecttheshoes@live.com with your pics – one of you in your outfit pic best and one of an awkwardly funny outtake from the same shoot (or send just an outtake if you prefer)
  2. Include a link to your original outfit pic if you would like some "link love"
  3. Send your stuff to me by Friday, May 4 – post will go up the next week!
Here's some of me at my "best":


Top: J.Crew sequin stripe (worn here - sim, sim, tank)
Shirt: J.Crew perfect stripe (sim, sim, sim)
Skirt: J.Crew crinkle chiffon (worn here - sim, luxe)
Shoes: Sofft giovanna (worn here - sim, sim, higher)
Necklace: Elizajay Charm via Etsy (sim, gold)
Bracelets: Target pearl, Ebay J.Crew golden stripe (sim, sim, sim, sim, sim)

IMG_4213

31 comments:

  1. This is a great feature! I can't wait to send you my outfit outtake!

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I can't wait! I def have some awkward to contribute. Thanks Lisa!

    PS-not awkward? Your outfit. Love the stripes girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's not exactly sequin season anymore, but my love cannot be denied ...

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun feature! I'm going to look through my photos later and send something in to you :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I love the pink flowy skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT idea! I'll look around & see if I have something. Can't wait to see these posts!

    Cute outfit BTW. Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This skirt is as close as I will every get to being a ballerina, haha!

      Delete
  6. hah i love this! i'll have to get some pics headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let us revel in our fabulous outtakes! ;o)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea Lisa!
    Will be sure to send you something! :)

    xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your necklace! I am so going to buy one of these right now! I've been looking at these but didn't want to spend $80...$30, I can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and they come in a ton of fun colors. It's hard not to want more ...

      Delete
  9. Lisa...love the outtake pictures...I totally laughed out loud at them! Only because we can all relate to awkward outtakes! Such a cute outfit...loving the sequins for a little bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so pretty, these shoes are so cute!!
    kisses from Prague
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that necklace, and shouldn't be hard to find a dorky moment for me,
    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man! hahaha! All those pictures I could have sent to you! Anyway, love that skirt! And umm... your outtakes (my husband gave me a weird look when I bust out laughing as I scrolled down to them). :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's too funny! I'd love to see this feature revived :) By the way, I loved your last few outfit posts.....sooo beautiful! I wound up with that JCrew paisley skirt too, and I love it with the striped tee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be too funny!! I will prob contribute in future features you have ;)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to send my pictures...I was thinking about posting some of my outtakes. I really like your necklace too...I'm going to check out Elizajay Charm's website today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL I love outtakes! Have plenty of those, for sure, deleted (un)fortunately:p... Looking forward to that post:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! I couldn't help but chuckle at the other photos. I'm one of those individuals who can't pose to save my life so hence, I never ever show my face on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've always loved this feature! And love the color of your skirt and necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa, I love the photos, the outfit is way cute. Love that top.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a fun feature! I have plenty of outtakes:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awkward left? lol

    Even your blooper pics are good. I kinda hate you :P Seriously, what a great idea, if only I hadn't deleted all mine so no one can blackmail me...

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG so funny,i have so many but never thought of this
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Submitted! So excited for this feature to come back! It was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...