19 March 2012

A Juicy Contradiction

Thank you for your funny and kind comments over my Friday post - they made my day! Us virtual girlfriends should have no problem with a good bring-your-own-whine party (thanks, Julie, for giving this a name) - we gotta get our misery out every once in a while!

I'll be a bit MIA for a few days since I'm on a biz trip, so here's an outfit from last week - I'm tutti frutti'd out:

IMG_3660

I'm pretty assured that I'll be sick when I get back because 1) four hours of recycled air in a big metal tube, 2) I saw Contagion and I am still a little freaked out, 3) it's supposed to be sunny and 70s in the left coast where I am this week but the Weather Channel people lied and I am here sans jackets or sweaters whilst it is cold, windy and wet, and 4) my schedule doesn't really give me much free time to go hunt myself down something cozy.

OK, while 4 is true, it does not mention the fact that I am by nature a cheap prideful person and refuse to admit to myself that I got so thrawted by the Weather Channel.  So instead of doing something like go buy a jacket so I can survive the rest of my stay, I bundle myself in about as many layers as I've got and hug myself close whenever I leave the hotel. I refuse to spend my hard-earned dollars on you, Weather Channel, and will not concede to this unplanned purchase.

A jacket to keep me warm I refuse to buy because it was unplanned and - gasp - sensible. And yet ... pink suede chunky platforms? Oh yes, please! Neon bangles? Necessary! Poofy pleather skirt appropriate for no real good occasion? Of course!

IMG_3678  IMG_3667

So I guess this means I am lacking in sartorial common sense? I'm too easily distracted by trendy sparkling things? I won't bat an eye at buying a sequinned sweater but consider it a "waste" to spend money on a basic white tee. Or rather, I hate the idea of having to spend money on things. Life things. Car insurance. Healthcare. A rug for the living room. A coat when I am cold and don't have twenty million hours to peruse coats on the Internet and look for the best deal and perfect fit.

(I'll be back to my regular posting and reading later this week ladies - have a fantastic Monday)!

IMG_3688

Jacket: Zara trf printed (worn here - sim, darker, tropical, lighter)
Top: LEC boyfriend (sim)
Pants: J.Crew scout (worn here - sim)
Shoes: c/o ShoeMint rosemary (worn here - sim, sim)
Necklace: Laila Rowe (sim, sim)
Bracelets: Asos pyramid stretch & F21 (sim, sim, sim, luxe)
Bag: Brahmin croc-embossed sadie (worn here - sim, sim)

41 comments:

  1. I love your jacket!! I can so relate to those "travel" sickies!!! I seem to get sick everytime I have to get on an airplane or travel anywhere outside of my state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird, my nose is so sensitive sometimes that I have a sneak attack by walking into a new space or area where the air is "different."

      Delete
  2. Haha, oh no Lisa, I hope you don't freeze out there! How weird that it's so cold out on the west coast when it's been so warm here on the east! The Weather Channel never gets it right anyway! Always winds up being sunny when it's supposed to rain and vice versa :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain, I hate when they lie to me as well. Stay warm & illness free. Super cute bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 'cause those weather people need to be right - didn't they go to school for that stuff? ;o)

      Delete
  4. This chuckle-worthy confession is such fashion-realm universal truth. Thanks for thoughtfully putting into words what the rest of us are thinkin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it just a girl thing? Like I'd rather buy a pair of impractical pink heels than eat. Well, maybe not eat, I'd rather eat than do anything else, hehe ...

      Delete
  5. I am exactly the same about purchasing basics. Ridiculously bright purple pants from J. Crew? Yes! Cropped yellow jeans with polka dots? Obviously! Black pumps? Not until I absolutely *have* to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I don't even have black pumps! I think it is easier to just blame it on J.Crew.

      Delete
  6. That blazer is truly fabulous! Here's hoping you can stave off a potential cold ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm, I guess I've been hiding under a rock because I had no idea the JCrew scouts existed. Thanks for introducing them to me and making them look so appealing. Love that color, and goes so well with the loud blazer! I admire how you can pull these sorts of things off, I'm too shy I'm afraid.

    Soooo, looks like someone may be making a JCrew order....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still surprised that I am where I am fashion-wise. Bright colors and patterns - 2010 Lisa would have gawked at the idea! But these scout chinos have literally made me adore cropped pants and chinos again.

      Delete
  8. I love this! I find myself intimidated by strong floral prints, but the blazer works so well here against a solid backdrop. I wouldn't have thought that bright pants would work, but they totally do. Super polished and classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My co-workers considered me a fruity explosion, hehe.

      Delete
  9. What a fun jacket! It looks awesome with those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving those asos bracelets :) The site says sold out though lol and lovin the bag too! I definitely like to spend money not on the necessities but on other crazy things! haha Have fun on ur biz trip

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuff like this appears on Asos all the time - they've got a new version made of rubber available!

      Delete
  11. Have a great trip and I love your pants! Cool color!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont even know where to start with this outfit Lisa. Everything just works together, the colors, the prints, the textures. I'm in love! also, I hate buying things because I have to as well... I think it's because I associate fashion with fun and not necessity, maybe? anyway, if you start to go numb, get a darn jacket for your own safety :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh EVERYTHING in my closet was a necessity! Well that's always been my excuse ...

      Delete
  13. What a fun print on your blazer. I love the coordination with the pants and that handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think we're pretty opposite in a way. While i LOVE crazy, unnecessary clothing and accessories, I always seem to come to my senses before I purchase (sometimes afterward, and end up returning) and go for the basics. Tees, jeans, more tees. Then I wonder why I don't own more prints, patterns and bright fun accessories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa, I bought these shoes and have yet to wear them because I've drawn a blank other than a crisp white top to pair them with. But this, this is GORGEOUS and looks great on you! Okay, now come help me find something in MY closet to wear other than white. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this snake print can be considered a neutral - bet you can rock them with a ton of stuff!

      Delete
  16. i adore this outfit, lisa! it's so pretty, so colorful, and so spring-like! :D

    p.s. what a gorgeous jacket!!!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool jacket! I feel your travel pain, but safe travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg i am so in love with this floral blazer and coral trousers look! I would TOTALLY wear this to work!
    xx
    -S
    Ginger and Lace

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfit as usual, and the bag is divine!

    I live on said left coast (nearabouts San Francisco) and has been COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute outfit as usual! And I am exactly the same way about pride/lack-of-sartorial-common-sense, haha. I refused to buy rain boots until one day, I literally came home with my shoes and socks so soaked through and sloshy, I had to throw them away. Have a good trip, dear!

    Mugdha
    Ask us a question for our vlog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased my first rain boots last year because winter in the SE usually means rain. But of course I've had the opp to wear them all of Once this winter because it's been so warm. Plus my sis and I got our dad a snow blower for Christmas so make it easier for him to clear his walk - and of course there hasn't been one incident yet this winter in the NE where he needed to use it! So much for being sensible!

      Delete
  21. Question about the ShoeMint shoes - are they comfy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a 4" heel without a platform, so in general terms, they aren't that comfy. But for a high heel, I've been surprised! There's good cushioning in the insole and the leather is soft enough that I've worn them twice to work and have survived blister-free! Now I've almost tripped and died, but that's all klutzy me!

      Delete
  22. What a fun sassy jacket!! I love it with the cropped pants!! And safe travels Lisa. Drink Emergen-C and hopefully you can stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lisa this outfit is so YOU--bright, adorable, cheery, fun, and beautiful!! Now I need coral pants...should've saved mine from 8th grade (the ones I wore with the over-sized Looney Tune t-shirts) hahaha!

    Thnaks for sharing!!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sis gave me a bunch of crazy colored plastic bracelets when I was really little - I should have kept those too, who knew they've been back in style!

      Delete
  24. Ha ha, I love it Bring-your-own-whine ; anytime, please, just call when and where. Have a great trip! Loved the mix of neon and bright florals- great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that you're fearless with colors - quite the opposite to me. I'm drawing a lot of ideas from seeing various colors paired together.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look awesome. Loved the floral outfit and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...