28 March 2012

Boho Lace Jambu

The great folks at Jambu recently asked me if I would try out a pair of shoes from their new spring collection and I jumped at the opportunity. Jambu is an eco-friendly comfort footwear brand that uses only recycled and recyclable materials in their packaging and partially recycled materials on their footwear. They also have an entire vegan-friendly collection.

IMG_3911

I chose the Petal sandal and it was love at first sight. I've been looking for a light tan casual sandal for warm weather and I think these fit the bill to a T. The leather and rope detailing are nice. The wedge heels gives me a 3" lift (much needed for a shortie like me) without feeling like it, and the cushioned insoles and traction outsoles are super-comfy. I also found the Petal to be lighter than previous years' sandal models.

As for fit, I think the Petal runs pretty true-to-size to a tad small. I ended up ordering 1/2 a size up from my usual based on my other Jambus, but I think my normal would have worked as well (what can I say, I've got long toesies). My feet do border on being a wide width though, so I think if you ladies are narrow-footed, these may be a bit too wide for you.

IMG_3920  IMG_3916

What I don't like about the Petal? The parts of the insoles that are covered with a silky-satin material. While it isn't slick or too shiny (and honestly not really noticeable when you've got your foot covering it), I wonder if the material will get dirty easily or wear down quickly.

Wearing these totally made me feel a bit boho chic, so I had to pair the sandals with my Lunar Cycles wannabe top and some worn-in jeans. I wore this look over the weekend and must admit my feet were comfy-comfy through the entire day.

IMG_3938

IMG_3940

IMG_3950

Top: F21 lace flutter (sim but pricey, more cas, looser, dress)
Jeans: J.Crew destroyed matchstick (worn here - sim, sim)
Necklace: Overstock (sim, sim)
Earrings: T+J Designs stone dangle (worn here - sim, longer, lighter, silver)
Bracelets: F21 stud, Old Navy enamel, Goody double wear (sim, sim, sim)
Shoes: c/o Jambu petal (get them here, here, here)

42 comments:

  1. I love those shoes and I am always looking for a vegetarian-friendly option for footwear. I don't wear any leather and non-leather shoes can sometimes be cheap-looking and uncomfortable. I am definitely going to check out Jambu!

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the shoes from the collection are more functional than pretty, but I've been pretty impressed with their more streetwear looks.

      Delete
  2. They are really cute shoes and love that top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REALLY cute! I love that top...really the whole outfit! The shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love ,love the top with the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole outfit is so feminine. Love it!

    http://bestdressedinthenest.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boho vibe looks great on you, Lisa! I feel like we hardly ever see you in jeans so this is a nice little change.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should have seen me before blogging, I was all about jeans and pants. I hardly ever wore skirts and never even touched dresses. I think I'm just making up for all those long-lost leg-baring years!

      Delete
  7. Wow- totally thought that was Lunar Cycle top!!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny Jenny....so did I. I have the Lunar Cycle top in orange, but I really wanted it in cream too. Love your look Lisa!

      Delete
    2. I recommend sizing up on this F21 top if you want the longer slouchier look that the model is showing on the product page. Good thing I'm short because otherwise this top may have been a wee too short for me.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous sandals Lisa! They are so "you" (well the "you" that I know from blogging). Very pretty and boho indeed! I also ADORE your top. What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *rolls around on floor out of sheer envy of whole outfit*

    you have seriously really been knocking your outfits out of the fashion park. i've loved everything that you've put up recently!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a perfect weekend springy look! I love you in white :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, they are super cute girl and you styled them perfectly. I've never heard of them. Thanks for the honest review and introduction.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This ISca total boho outit! It's beautiful and you look amazing!! The shoes work right in and are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are great sandals, lucky you. And the fact that they are eco-friendly makes them that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the boho outfit -- and those sandals look so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your lace blouse ~ totally looks boho and works with your sandals :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your shoes!
    kisses from prague
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cute and casual look. I like how the details of the necklace, shoes and lace top all work together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The rope detail on the ankle strap really makes gives the shoes a cute nautical vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those sandals are super cute!! I love the whole look with the cuffed jeans and flowy top!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sandals are super cute..infact the whole outfit is just perfection for early spring! Love those distressed jeans.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the look and the blouse (I'm a sucker for lace). Thanks for the review - cute sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the lace top, and how well it pairs with the ripped and relaxed denim.
    the shoes are quite cute and so perfect for the summer!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love comfy shoes! Those are darling and match your lace-y top really well!! Good choice Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great blog!! Now I’m a member of it. thanks for sharing us.hope you follow me backnike zoom rookie shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute sandals, Lisa! They go perfectly well with your flowy top. You look so comfy in this outfit. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are adorable! Love the rope straps!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this fab boho look! The shoes are the icing on the cake. Gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. loving ur bf jeans and ur studded bracelet!
    xx
    -S
    Ginger and Lace

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those shoes are so cute! Glad to know they're comfy too : )

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my, the lace flutter looks too cute! Must get one of those for the upcoming spring season!

    And thanks for the comment on my blog! Great blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. SUPER CUTE top and sandals!!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE this whole oufit! So happy I stumbled upon your blog, it's fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...