27 January 2012

Red for Me & Mint for You!

So a tee is a tee is a tee - or is it? 

The folks behind StyleMint have generously asked me to try some of their collection pieces recently and I opted for the Venice tee as my first pic. StyleMint is a subscription clothing club where you buy pieces designed by Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen. Tees are $29.99 each, which includes shipping, so it is a heckuva modern-day deal. Tops run the gamut from the classic striped tee to rocker chic and back again.

It's run by the same folks who do JewelMint (see my review here), so the process is simple and pain-free. You can join StyleMint for free and won't get charged anything until your first purchase. After that, you have the option of opting out each month if you don't see anything you like, plus you can cancel at any time.

If the weather was more appealing and I was going to go out with the girls, this is how I'd want to wear the Venice tee:

IMG_1941  IMG_1936

Top: c/o StyleMint (I opted for size 2 for the looser fit, I think their size chart is pretty accurate)
Skirt: H&M pleather (worn here - sim here, here)
Belt: J.Crew metallic skinny (sim here, here)
Shoes: Sam Edelman kody (worn here - sim here, patent here, wedge here)
Necklaces: Definitely Different & The Circle is Cast via Etsy (sim here, here)
Bracelets: F21, J.Crew (sim here, here, here)
Clutch: Kate Spade shuffled embossed stacy (sim here, here)

But let's come back to reality and remember how cold and wet the SE is this time of year - and that my girls and I would prefer to hang out over pizza and beer while shoulder dancing and talking like truckers, so this is what I'm actually wearing:

IMG_1911  IMG_1927

Coat: Banana Republic factory (sim here, here)
Pants: F21 ankle skinny (worn here - sim for a steal here & here)
Necklace: White Owl via Etsy (worn here - sim here, gold here)

♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

And here's a great bonus for you ladies! StyleMint is offering 20% off your first purchase! Use code RPCTSM when placing your order - it expires in 10 days (February 5th), so don't miss out!

29 comments:

  1. Your top is sooooo cute. I'm so in love with it, love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three ways that you styled the shirt! My fav is the first look with you all glammed up! I really adore getting a bit more dressed up but alas I have no where to go like that so I can relate to your other 2 outfit choices :)

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, that's why I'm really wearing the jeans. More appropriate for beer and pizza anyways!

      Delete
  3. Love how you styled up your shirt Lisa. I'm a member of StyleMint but have yet to buy something from them. But you might have just inspired me to do so. :)

    xoxo
    www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure $30 for a designer tee really isn't a bad deal nowadays!

      Delete
  4. that tee is super cute, and i just love your red heels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time visiting your blog but I can see that you have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shirt. How are you liking StyleMint? I signed up for all the different "Mint" emails, but I haven't been blown away by anything just yet.

    http://bestdressedinthenest.tumblr.com/

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/RobynsNestBoutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, I don't really look at any of my retailer-sent e-mails, so I can't comment! However, if I could get away with wearing some type of knit tee everyday, I'd love that, so for me StyleMint was kind of up my alley. This red/pink deal was the first thing I spotted and loved - and you know I love a good bright color!

      (My biggest concern with these kind of subscription clubs is that I get locked into buying something I don't want - the Mint clubs have been the first ones I've joined but I really dig the idea of being able to buy only when I want to and being able to cancel anytime!)

      Delete
  7. I love how you styled it with the skirt...tre chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think it looks great in both shots!

    laurafornerphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, pizza, beer, shoulder-dancing, and talking like a trucker - sounds like a great night out. :)
    Very cute tee! It still kind of amazes me how the Olsens went from chubby blond toddlers, to fashion-envelope-pushing waifs, to business moguls ... but if they're turning out awesome striped tees, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're now gorgeous, high fashion and multi-millionaire moguls to boot. I wonder what happens nowadays if anyone ever asks them to say "you got it, dude" or "you're in big trouble, mister!"

      Delete
  10. Lisa, you are killing me with these fabulous outfits. I really love the "pretend" girl's night out outfit and I'm wondering if we have the same H&M faux leather skirt. Is it gray or black?
    I'm a member of the Mints except for the beauty one and have found it all a simple and easy process. You just have to remember to cancel on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Queen of leaving myself reminders to do things on my e-mail for this like that - can't trust my brain to just "remember" these things!

      Delete
  11. Cute! I like how you styled it in such different ways. I don't think Stylemint is available in Canada (yet - I think Shoemint is) but I think for me that's a good thing. I think it's a $ sucker for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both ways you style the tee Lisa! But I really really love the first one :) Here's hoping for some warmer weather for you soon!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the color of your shoes.
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you styled the tee, but my favorite is the first look!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been debating back and forth about getting that tee. I think you just convinced me. I just have so many striped things. It's kind of an obsession, I think.

    Anyway, I also love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. adore how you styled the tee!! and that trench looks so fabulous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the gorgeous colors of that tee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Stylemint! I fell in love with the Pacific tee, but it sold out in my size : (

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard about StyleMint! You picked a great tee Lisa. I love how you dressed it up and down. It looks really good.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute. I like the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the way you styled that tee with the trench coat! The perfect trench coat has been on my shopping list forever and I still can't fit one I love. I really love yours though!

    welivedourlivesinstyle

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the first outfit a lot. I like how you belted the skirt and added that clutch. The skirt also makes your legs look very long. Mabye it's the higher waist?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colours in that tee!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally loving outfit #1 for GNO and #2 for anyday! What a fun striped shirt! :)

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...