30 January 2012

Five Minutes With Kathryn {In Pursuit of Pretty Things}

This edition of Five Minutes With ... features one of my favorite bloggers - a stylish fashionista with a penchant for Anthropologie, a wicked sense of humor, and a healthily unhealthy love for all things Mighty Ducks. So I won't bore you with my words anymore, but I am happy have spent a few (virtual) minutes with Kathryn, half of the style blogging dynamic duo who bring us In Pursuit of Pretty Things!


1. Most people don’t know that I was once asked to participate in filming a major motion picture.

2. My husband makes me smile.

3. I hate having to decide on "grown-up things".

4. Raiding the food table is what I am most likely to be found doing during a party.

5. The best thing I like about blogging is connecting with other people who have shared interests.

6. My least favorite thing about blogging is when Blogger decides to crash and burn, deleting your entire post in the process.

7. Traveling to Europe after a painful breakup was the moment that changed my life.

8. I can’t live without my family and friends.

9. My favorite part of the day is ...hm. You’ll have to check back with me on this one in the future, but my favorite part of the day used to be when I’d go and visit my mommy.

10. Those Chinese herbal medicines I had to drink when I was really sick were the worst thing I ever consumed.



11. To be brave is to admit weakness.

12. You can tell I am angry when I get super passive-aggressive. Or start yelling like a madwoman. Or both.

13. Musical improvisation scares the heck out of me. I can play notes written on a page, but I can’t come up with my own thing.

14. My favorite useless skill is uh, I dunno? I used to know Will Smith’s dance routine from the “Men In Black” music video, does that count?

15. My co-blogger, Carol, cracks me up.

16. If I had a theme song, it would be ...this is an ever-changing thing, but at the moment? Miley Cyrus’s “Party in the USA.” Why? Because it’s a ridiculous song and I am nothing if not abso-freaking-lutely ridiculous. And besides, sometimes all it takes is a certain song to come on the radio to make you feel like everything’s gonna be okay. So I put my haaaands up…

17. Hm. I’ve just come off of a tough year, so I’m not quite prepared to answer this one at the moment… is what I am most looking forward to about the start of a new year.

18. My idea of a dream come true is ...you know, I used to think about “if only this” and “if only that” and stuff. After caring for my mother through her illness, I feel like my dream come true now would be to have happy dinners around the kitchen table with my family again, my father telling stories and my mother laughing alongside him, with my brother periodically interjecting random facts.

19. I love being asked to go out for Korean BBQ. Or dim sum. Do you get the feeling I like food a lot?

20. Snuggling with a good book and my fluffy anteater stuffed animal is my favorite way to stay warm in the winter.


Thanks so much for participating, Kathryn! Your thoughfulness, humor and style are well-noted and have made your blog one of my favorite reads. You and Carol have put some fantastic creative energy into your outfits, photo shoots and blog posts that are informative, sweet and hilarious.

May 2012 bring another fantastic year of pretty things worth pursuing!

9 comments:

  1. great interview! i love this part of your blog!

    Pieces of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Kathryn's blog too. Love her humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this year brings Kathryn happiness! Thanks for introducing her to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this series Lisa, and nice to discover Kathryn and her blog.
    Can't wait to meet more! :)

    xoxo
    www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of Carol and Kathryn. Great interview. All the best in 2012 Kathryn!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this interview :) I will check out her blog soon :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathyrn is a doll. I love her sense of fashion. So cute and classy.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray, so glad to see Kathryn again! She is pretty damn awesome. Loving this feature so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feature! :) I like her fun, feminine style. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...