25 November 2011

I've Been Collared

IMG_9737

Happy after turkey day shopping, ladies! I hope you've had your share of food and cheer with your families and are indulging yourselves today. BF and I are actually doing zero Black Friday shopping this year (though I did snag a few things online from J.Crew and Endless on Wednesday - does that count?)

This removable collar trend has spoken to me this season since I've been addicted to wearing collared shirts under sweaters. I ended up getting this sequined one because it was fun, easy (cheap) and I thought I could wear it more as jewelry than as a faked collared shirt. I wasn't really going to brave this for work but thought it'd be OK for some non-shopping-related drinks and nosh with the friends today. What do you think? Trend-worthy or pure silliness?

IMG_9741 IMG_9774

Mini-mouse update - we purchased some non-kill traps and within a week have captured (then released into the wilderness) five mice! Shudder shudder ... As cute as those little nubbins are, if we catch anymore this weekend, I'm afraid that we'll need to call in Peter Piper pro. Now what to do about those ladybugs that keep sneaking into the house!

Lash update - thanks for all your mascara tips, ladies! I ended up purchasing this cheapie brand but have followed your advice: go for a lengthening formula instead of volumizing for fewer clumps, don't pump the wand into the tube and don't put any on the lower lashes. I still haven't dug out my lash curler and I don't have Kim K-worthy lashes yet, but this is a definite improvement. Brow brushing next!

Lastly, don't forget about my giveaways! Enter here for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Shopbop, or enter here for an opp to win the Andes pencil skirt from Shabby Apple!

IMG_9759

Sweater: Old Navy 3/4-sleeve (worn here - sim here, cas here)
Skirt: F21 pleated leopard chiffon (worn here - sim here, here)
Collar: Asos gold sequin (grander here)
Bracelets: F21 / J.Crew (sim here, here, here)
Shoes: Aerosoles (sim platform here, here)

15 comments:

  1. I love the collar necklace trend - I'm on the hunt for a cute one to add to my christmas wish list :) Yours is super cute!

    -Christina
    http://www.thehappyshopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! I think your collar looks great girl and what a lovely outfit! Super loving that leopard skirt. And YES, that does count! HaHa If you buy 1 thing you did contribute to black friday. I bought a couple of things over the past couple of days online. I'm a much smarter shopper than I use to be. Sometimes things aren't really deals. Hope all the mice are gone. Great post girl! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweater it's so cute with the leopard skirt! The pattern-mixing is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That collar is gorgeous- I`ve been `planning`on making one...but who knows when that will happen- probably 5 years from now! The gold bracelets make a great pair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That collar is too cute!! The Man Repeller has made me interested in trying the whole collar necklace, but I don't know if I'll actually take the plunge.

    I started shopping on Wednesday too, I bought one things yesterday and a few things today, but definitely didn't head out with all the other shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the collar is a very fun touch. Looking forward to seeing what else you pair it with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the old navy sweater in the cobalt/black combo...love it! I would never have thought to pair it with a leopard skirt but I love it! Will definitely give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great outfit, i love the leopard print skirt!! :) xx


    www.ahitofsarah.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute mix of patterns here...and the collar is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the removable collar trend, but I've been pining for either one that's lace or one that looks more like a necklace myself...Good for you for resisting Black Friday temptation- I was definitely not that good :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fashion sense always inspires me. Seriously, this outfit made me smile! I succumbed to J.Crew's sale as well, but everything I bought was for the kids. Haha! Go figure. I think I love dressing them more than myself most times ;) hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was at anthro and ater nordies.

    I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your collar. xo

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway for an arty-oval style ring if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that collar. I've got to get me one of those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...