29 October 2011

A Furry Jambu

IMG_9204

I’ve heard that furry ankle boots are all the rage (does anyone still use that term or is that just proof how out of it I am?) this fall, so of course I jumped on the bandwagon when the nice people at Jambu offered to send me a pair of boots to review.

I’ve typically shied away from this style before as I always thought ankle boots + short girl with bulky legs ≠ a good look. But I’ve seen so many great iterations of the furry ankle boot that I just had to try it.

Jambu is known for being comfort shoe brand that uses partially recycled and reusable compressed rubber on their outsoles, plus recycled materials for their packaging. I’ve worn Jambus before and can say they are super-duper comfy. But as you gals know with more comfort shoe brands, style is not typically the most important factor. So what I appreciate about Jambu’s winter collection is that most of their offerings are not only cozy-looking but are taking a nod to on-going trends.

IMG_9215  IMG_9220

Pros about the Sophie boots I am wearing? They are comfortable and completely on-trend this season. I literally do not feel like I am wearing heels. In fact, barring anyone pointing and laughing at me, I think I may very well be able to conquer some trails in these babies. And even though the faux fur does not extend into the interior of the boot, I still think my toes will remain nice and cozy when it gets cold outside. Nothing bad to say about the apparent quality of the boots right out of the box except that the faux fur could use some fluffing!

Cons about the Sophie boots? I’m not sure this is a good look for me – both physically and because I don’t think I have the swagger to pull it off. And I don't know how to style them. Plus I wish the faux fur was removable somehow so they would be more versatile in case I wanted to wear these boots under jeans. And I am undecided about the metallic leather toe and heel point, I think we may borderline be entering moon boot territory here.

You can find Jambu boots at most major retailers, or online on places like Zappos or Endless.

So any help would be appreciated - how would you gals style these boots? And what cold-weather trend are you looking to rock this fall/winter? And how the heck do you "fluff" faux fur?

  IMG_9221 IMG_9213

Sweater: J.Crew shawl collar poncho (sim printed here, cardigan here, toggle here)
Top: H&M (worn here - sim here)
Jeans: F21 ankle skinnies (worn here - sim here)
Necklace: c/o Simply Livly via Etsy
Bracelet: F21 rhinestone tiger (sim here, more subtle here)
Shoes: c/o Jambu sophie

17 comments:

  1. I think you styled these boots just right, Lisa :) Keeping it casual goes with the vibe of these boots. The F21 cuffs look so much more expensive than it actually is. I adore them with this outfit -- fur and animal is always a good mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these shoes...I'll have to find some for myself. I"ve mostly been wearing knee high flat boots this fall, but I need to change it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way I can think to style these boots would be with jeans so I think you've done a good job here. I don't know how I feel about them though. I think I might like them better if they were a flat boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've worn these boots the same way I would have-with a pair of skinny jeans tucked in. Rosa from Love at First Shop wears a lot of shorter boots with tights and dresses so I'm wondering if that might work with these, too!? I love the faux fur and the comfort factor, but I think you're right about bordering near moon boot territory ;-) But all in all, I think they look great with the outfit you have on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right, furry booties might not be the most versatile accessory to style for sure! You did an amazing job styling them but I'm at a total loss at to what else they might go with besides leggings (which I personally cannot pull off) Lol. Beautiful leopard bracelet, I noticed it in the mall today and thought it looked quite luxe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that you styled the furry booties perfectly and I really like the fur details. I'm not loving the two-toned look of the boot. The boot would have been great if it didn't have the metallic leather at the toes and heels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try wearing them with tights/leggings! I'm always self-conscious of being short and making my legs look small, but they don't do that to you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a big fan of real or faux fur but the boots do look very comfortable. I think you styled them nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These booties are adorable and I think you've done a great job styling them. I am so glad that fur is so in right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the outfit is adorable but omethng I'd never wear in sf since we dont get that cold. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you need to give yourself way more credit than you do girl- you totally rock them! I gotta admit I'm not huge on faux (or real) fur, but I think you look super stylin' :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! NICE POST!! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG:

    seekthesleek.blogspot.com
    if you follow my blog:
    - I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
    - I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
    - I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
    AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR NEWEST POST & COMMENT IT!
    - I WILL PROMOTE YOUR BLOG IN MY BLOG (*this one need a special request , please contact me: cheeringwinda@yahoo.com if you are interested!)
    *THAT IS AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY BLOG TOO!!*

    (PLEASE TELL ME IF IT SAYS THAT I HAVENT FOLLOW YOUR BLOG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BLOG RECENTLY, BUT IF IT'S FIXED, I WILL FOLLOW U AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could see myself wearing these boots with Minnie pants from J. Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa I think you look great! Love how you styled it. The other thing I like to do with furry boots are skinny black leggings, tunic and a fur vest :)

    Red Soles and Red Wine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that bracelet, too. It definitely looks more expensive than it is. I like the boots. So cute. I've never heard of the maker, so thanks for sharing. I agree to keep the silhouette slimmer towards the bottom. Good idea from Pamela to try them w/a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I DEFINITELY still say "all the rage," which probably means that nobody else says it, haha.

    I can't believe that bracelet is from F21! Why do I always miss the excellent bargains like that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...