20 July 2011

Wednesday Things

♥   First off, attention must be paid! Our one and only Anthroholic herself, Kim, is celebrating her two year blogiversary! Kim's blog was one of the first style blogs I came upon when I first entered this little fashion community and I was immediately taken in - and to this day she continues to inspire me with her fantastic sense of style and black belt knowledge of all things Anthropologie. So here's a virtual cheer to Kim, and may there be many more blogiversaries!

♥   Second, what do you do when you're feeling meh-worthy about your outfit? Play around with the photos, of course!

IMG_6030

IMG_6036

IMG_6065

Jacket: Anthropologie Cartonnier hello sunday (worn here before - similar here, here)
Dress: Loft poplin striped (worn here before - similar strapless here, here)
Belt: Anthropologie infinity (similar here)
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction pine-a-colada (similar here)
Shoe clip as brooch: Lilywinkel via Etsy
Bag: Cambridge Satchel (worn here before - similar here)

♥   Also, do you Pinterest? I just started a style board there, you can check it out by clicking the logo:

Follow Me on Pinterest

♥   And last but not least - Hey ladies, I'm bringing awkward back! It's long overdue for another edition of Respect the Outfits reader feature - this time we're bringing it back home with the original -  Outtakes! Cat got your tongue - literally? Eyes caught in a half-blink? Wind gusting a wee bit too hard for your filmy dress? BF making you crack up? Fierce pose, grumpy dog in background? We're all perfect in our imperfection and that's what makes us even more unique and human as style bloggers and fab ladies - so please share so we can all have a good-natured laugh at ourselves. Check out some hilarious ladies from previous Outtake posts here and here.

Please send me over your blooper shots to me at respecttheshoes@live.com. And shoot, as we are all stylish divas after all, include your outfits deets and blog link too if you like. Send your stuff by July 27 - next Wednesday - post will go up next day!

17 comments:

  1. I think you have a great mix of patterns here Lisa. The flower is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you feel meh-worthy about this outfit? I love the mix of patterns and the graphic b&w with just the right pops of colour for impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome mixing of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun- outtakes! Kim's blog my my first find of Fashion Blogging too! Love your b&w photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the virtual cheers Lisa! I really appreciate it :)
    You look adorable -I don't know how you could ever think this outfit was meh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love the first picture, it would look great on a billboard. I like this pattern mixture in all black and white.

    I have several crazy blooper pictures so you'll surely receive one from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your outfit is pretty fun - I love the striped blazer!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this outfit! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I STILL haven't tried pattern mixing... I'm just so cared i'll end up looking like i got dressed in the dark. You look great, and I love the action shot at the end!

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your outfit and am currently kicking myself for not purchasing that jacket when I saw it at my local Anthropologie store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures Lisa! I particularly like h first one. It's got a Parisienne ( or maybe european) feel about it. That last one cracked me up! there's nothing "meh" about your outfit at all. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think this is meh worthy at ALL. I think it is frickin fabulous!! And yes--Kim is awesome, too :)

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun post, Lisa! I tend to darken my meh-images, so others can't make out the meh-ness, muahaha :)

    I want your yellow clutch every time I see it. It's the perfect summer accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this outfit and all of its patterns. You talking crazy about feeling meh!!

    I'm sending you an email soon so I can for once participate in your blogger feature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your colorful accessories! I really need to get myself one of those flower pins. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOOOOVE this outfit!!! Your a pro at pattern mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this outfit, the pattern mix is just amazing and the re and yellow are so unique with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...