• I hate half moon ice cubes. Because as if it wasn't difficult enough for me to drink from a regular cup without incident, the half moons are a freezy floating blockade upon my lips. Meaning iced tea likes to escape from the corner of my mouth and go splish-splashing down my shirt. Or better yet, down under my shirt. Wetting my bra. And I haven't yet found the best way to stuff a napkin down inside my shirt in the middle of a meeting with a bunch of suit-clad male execs. And why bother excusing myself? Better to pretend it never happened and just avoid the looks from my CFO sitting across from me while a wet spot appears "magically" over one boob. No, I'm fine, really.
• My neighbor on the left just welcomed a baby girl home. Which means the appearance of the requisite "It's a girl!" balloon tied to their mailbox. You know, the one that is right next to mine. So it is super-cool when I go stumbling outside in my babydoll tank dress to check the mail and get congratulated by half the block parading by. Oh well thank you very much - but oh no, it's not me, it's my neighbor's baby. Oh well I just threw this on - oh no, I'm not expecting ...
• My dog has taken to pooping right up at the entry gate each morning. Nothing like waving at your neighbors and strangers alike while you're in your bleary-eyed jammies and your dear sweet dog is squat-walking around you, taking care of business.
• We like to take Pacey to the park where there's a lake to throw ball with her. She's a great swimmer. But sometimes when she gets winded, she'll drop the ball right in the water by the shore. So I'll wade in to get the ball. Did you know there's a significant drop-off at one point right by the shore? Yeah ...
• Vodka, red wine, white wine, calvados. In that order. 'Nuff said.
• I haven't bit it in these fantastic shoes .... yet.
Belt: J. Crew croc embossed (similar here)