07 June 2011

What Say YOU

Thanks for all your feedback to my "what is Lisa style" post way back when. The awesome take-away I got from you all is to just like what I like and be who I be and not worry about looking or dressing a certain way. If I like it and if it goes, that should be all that matters.

So for reminding me to be happy with the way I am sartorially, let's point the ole virtual camera back at you lovelies!

For the next Respect the Outfits reader feature, let's celebrate YOU for exactly who YOU are. Send me an outfit pic with you rocking a look that is quintessentially you. Are you fun and flirty? Sweet and sassy? A floral rocker? Streamlined chic? Show us in an outfit that you think defines your personal style the best.

Please also provide the outfit deets and a link to your blog if you like. Send in your looks by June 14 - post will go up the next day! respecttheshoes(at)live.com.

And here's a previously unposted outfit of mine - me being very me:

IMG_4957
And Pacey being very Pacey.

IMG_4943   IMG_4935

IMG_4995

Top: J. Crew sequin boatneck (worn here before - factory version here, similar here)
Skirt: LE button-front chambray (worn here before - similar here)
Belt: J. Crew skinny (similar here)
Necklace: Old Navy ethnic statement (worn here before)
Shoes: Seychelles she's got the moves (worn here before)

23 comments:

  1. LOVE that top.
    I will definitely be participating in this round of "Respect the Outfits." Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic idea for photo submissions! It's very thought provoking to try to define myself in a photograph. It might take me all week, but I'm sure I'll come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I definitely have to read the "what is Lisa style" post. Very cute outfit and I love the last picture.


    ps. I have been searching for an Old Navy near my house that sells jewelry and no luck so far. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jumping picture and your hair look fantastic with the soft curl. Love the stripe tee and was tempted by the factor version multiple times but the price is just too high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent you my outfit for that edition. Please let me know if you do not get it. :) (email issues)
    I LOVE the stripes on you. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I love your idea for the next round of Respect the Outfits!! I already know what outfit photo I plan to send you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, I love this idea! I'll definitely be submitting a photo :) Your outfit here is definitely VERY you; it's quirky, fun, adorable, and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does feel very "Lisa"! It is effortless and casual, yet still perfectly pulled together. And then, there's just a little bling to jazz everything up. Love it!

    I'm going to start brainstorming my signature look. I have a feeling it entails florals...or polkas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are looking adorable Lisa and this is SO YOU. I have that top, but it doesn't quite look the same on me which goes back to what you originally said--it's your style and something can look different on everyone. All depends on the vibe.

    I've been a sucky commenter due to life, but am trying to visit more regularly. Would love to participate in your outfit rally. Not sure what to pick for an outfit...hmmmm.

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man- this is such a beautiful look I don't know what MY look is anymore! Can't we just be Lisa for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both you and Pacey look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit, and I think it fits the first thing that jumped into my head in response to "What is Lisa's style." I think your style is fun and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No matter how simple or "fancy" the outfit, everyone looks better when they are dressing like themselves I think. :) There is something to be said for being comfy and confident in your outfit. Can't wait to see all your responses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh shoot, I didn't know chambray could come in skirt form. It looks great! This next edition of reader outfits will be a good one. Hopefully I can get my act together and submit a photo. I don't know what my style is either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty...I love the sparkly shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your style. How does the chambray skirt run? I have never bought anything from Lands End but think this skirt is adorable. Are you wearing a petite and it still hits your knees? I am 5'2 and want a skirt to hit at my knees, not above or below!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable. Your personality always shines though in your photos, and these are no exception. Love that skirt!

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the sequin top. Cute jumping pic! hehe
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute is the last picture of you! Gorgeous pictures as always!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...