04 May 2011

You Should be Dancing, Yeah

Jen from vintageglammz had a hilarious post yesterday about figuring out when posing for an outfit shot, she has a handful of go-to poses she adopts and then copies over and over. That got me scrolling through some of my recent outfits and call me embarassed, I am apparently queen of the hand on hip semi-turned crossed leg pose. And I groan-worthily repeat that a lot.

IMG_3959

So in an effort to break out of my pose rut, I'm temporarily trading in fashion blogger Lisa for my former model, goofy boogie Lisa. Goofy boogie Lisa likes to make faces at the camera and reenact scenes from Saturday Night Fever when the camera timer is going off. Goofy boogie Lisa thinks that there is no such thing as an outtake and yawns in the face of fashion blogger Lisa for her wannabe cloy over-the-shoulder poses, hands always on the hips.

IMG_3945  IMG_3949

Goofy boogie Lisa is only back for a limited time though, as she's difficult to control, shoulder dances at inappropriate times, has a terrible attitude and a habit of making a regular mini skirt look not-so-lady-like - but she may come back for a few guest appearances when she thinks fashion blogger Lisa is taking herself way too seriously and needs an outfit pose shakedown.

Mental note to file away? Loosen up, we don't need to take ourselves so seriously sometimes. Peace out!

IMG_3966  IMG_3972

Top: J. Crew gypsy rose (worn here before - similar here as tank, here as blouse)
Sweater: Loft pocket (similar here, here)
Skirt: J. Crew (worn here before - very sim here as a dress, similar-ish as maxi here)
Shoes: Seychelles sophia (worn here before - not sim but really cute here)
Bracelets: Sweet Auburn Studio via Etsy / Old Navy (similar here)

26 comments:

  1. You Go Girl...Lol Loving the fun and crazy poses! I think I'm going to add # 5 to my next post. Lovely outfit too, I really like the cool 70's print on your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to get a new post too! I adore that skirt and love love love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! ha ha!! So true...it is tough to pose for pictures!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too adorable. I love this idea! It is so important to loosen up and HAVE FUN which is why we blog in the first place, right????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fun poses today! You are so cute. Mine are boring mostly everyday...it takes time and someone to help me for them to turn out any different. Lately I have not had an abundance of either :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes - I love your ruffle top and the colors/designs in your skirt. Great combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the website, you should check out ispy-diy.blogspot.com. She does mini features in Instyle magazine every month. Her projects are pretty easy to do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I love these photos to bits! I am also WAY too serious in my photos and think I am the worst at posing for the camera, so basically I just copy other people, like you ;)

    I love the pattern and colour combo of this skirt. Word to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha funny post! My boyfriend has been taking my outfit pics and he keeps saying that I need to change up my poses too!

    BTW, LOVE that skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - you are right...we should have more fun with our photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha this post made my day...so goofy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only have 1 pose- hand on hip! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I rarely mix up my pose! You are so cute and fun and I love the color of those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha, love this! You are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the shout out Lisa! This is a very un post. Your poses are sooooo cute! It cracksme up to see you do a range of expresseions! And you look utterly stylish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha! Good point!! I will try something fun next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great points! It's so tough to do this when we're very aware of the fact that we're not fashion models, no? =) Very, very cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa, you are the cutest. Can I please carry you around in my pocket every day to keep it real? I'm totally obsessed with your skirt. #2 and the last one are my faves, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are hilarious!!! I'm so glad you've started to take pics showing your beautiful, cute, and funny face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the skirt/shoes pairing! But where's Pacey? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bahahahaha! I'm totally a "hand-on-hips-3/4-turn" pose, too. Every once in a while, I spice things up with a "hands-by-my-sides" pose...boring!

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this outfit and this post, hilarious! I just gave you a Stylish Blogger award on my blog, because you deserve it =) Check it out sometime. And no, this is not spam!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bhuhahahaha! you're so hilarious and cute and AWESOME!! I just love that skirt! What a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hhaahaha! I love it! You are way too funny -- I love that you know never to take yourself too seriously! And how adorable is that skirt?! I love it with the blue flats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahahahha! I LOVE this. I do the same poses too!

    ALso, that skirt is really beautiful. I have missed out on so many cool jcrew items recently.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...