25 May 2011

Soft Rock Randomness

Here's my outfit from last Friday. Oldies but goodies that I either never wear or haven't worn in eons:

IMG_4476

IMG_4498  IMG_4521

IMG_4499

Dress: H&M (worn here before - kinda sim here, -ish here, luxe here)
Jacket: F21 knit moto (worn here before - similar here, here)
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction pine a colada (worn here before - similar here, luxe here)
Bag: Nine West crossbody clutch (similar here)
Belt: UO Deena & Ozzy stretch (worn here before - similar here)

♦   ♦   ♦   ♦

Thanks to AmyK (and Anne) for the blog tag! Without your style and humor, my little blog galaxy would be two stars shy and glow a little dimmer - plus I'd be a scrambling for a topic today.

So what's the tag? List seven bits of randomness about myself. As I am all about the random, it was actually kind of difficult to narrow things down / remove the absolute weirdness to the following:

  1. I am a dominant leftie. Which means rightie is usually relegated to "hold this steady" status while leftie is the brains of the operation. Which also means I am still traumatized by that 3rd grade exercise about segregation my teacher did where she proceeded to tell all the lefties in the room that they now had to sit separate from the righties and couldn't participate in gym or lunch, and in the span of five minutes turned half a dozen 8-year-olds into hysterical sobbing wrecks - got the point of that exercise, still damaged by it, thank you.
  2. When strangers are nice to me, I am immediately on the mental offensive. Maybe it is the NY-er in me, but I've grown up being taught not to trust people I don't know and these gosh-darn-nice-for-no-reason southern folk sometimes freak me out!
  3. I would like to own a bed and breakfast someday. Well, actually I probably don't considering the work involved - but I've read enough soppy love story borderline romance novels in my youth to be in love with the idea of owning one. Where else would handsome young strangers with damaged hearts go to escape from their lives and hopefully find passionate new love with the innkeeper?
  4. I like to eat dinner or lunch foods for breakfast. Like cold pizza, or a bowl of ramen, or a sandwich with chips. I prefer it over eggs or cereal, and honestly I have it in my head that it is better for me if I ate my biggest calorie busters early in the day.
  5. I have probably an unhealthy love for Anthony Bourdain. Now this is probably not news to some of you, but I don't just tune into his show every time it airs (which is like every two hours, so I can't be the only one who is infatuated with the Bourdain) - but I dig him in that I-would-love-to-hang-out-with-you-and-eat-good-food-with-you-and-maybe-roll-around-in-your-sheets-and-rifle-through-your-cabinets-and-sniff-out-your-frig kind of way. So just wee culinary hero worship crush.
  6. I love to stare at my pup. Her face is just full of expression and character - from her happy-go-lucky "I'm going to pounce on you" look to her closed-eye grimace when she is emphatically scratching herself. I can entertain myself for hours just staring at her. Which of course freaks my dog out.
  7. As much as I truly enjoy blogging, I also enjoy not blogging. Weekends are blissful blog-free times.
So instead of just passing this on to one individual, I'd like to virtually tag all of you! Please share in your weirdness here - you gals have any fun, juicy, hilarious bits of randomness you would like to share?

13 comments:

  1. Am I weird if I find your weirdness not very weird? :)

    I absolutely love this dress. It is beautiful. Can't believe it's H&M. Sometimes that place just really puts out a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this dress is so pretty, I can't believe it's H&M - it looks so unique!

    Love this tag, I like learning more about my favorite bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found every one of your weird facts to be quirky and cute :) It's always fun to learn more about you, Lisa. #1, I've always wanted to be a lefty! They're usually more artistic and fun to be around. I'm a righty if you can't tell ;) Your childhood story reminds me of a recent VA elem. school teacher who was suspended for separating the blacks/non-black kids to teach them about segregation o.O #2, I'm the opposite and quite gullible, which I blame on the Southern hospitality mentality, even though I live in the Mid-Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress! It's a great color on you, too! And I think your love for Anthony Bourdain is incredible. The man is amazing, though, so I'm not too surprised that you may have a wee idol crush on him. Sometimes I want to just hang out with him and make disparaging remarks to one another for an afternoon, while eating something weird but delicious. Bliss.

    I'm from the South! Does that mean you wouldn't trust any of us if we came up to you with a big old hug and a slice of fresh-baked peach cobbler? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, your outfit is really cute. Love it! Secondly, I also prefer to eat non-breakfast foods at breakfast. Thirdly, I too adore Anthony Bourdain. I'm way behind on his shows because I don't think we're up to date in Canada. But I have paid a large sum of money to go see him speak in Toronto last year, and a few years ago I missed him at a signing in Vancouver and I'm still kicking myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! Oh, and totally seconded on dinner for breakfast. There is nothing like cold pizza in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I'm going to need you to take those shoes off right now. I think I need them!! I love how you added some edginess to this sweet dress of yours.

    I love #6 and see that being me whenever I finally become a dog mommy!!

    And I would totally have an omelette for dinner and have been know to eat leftovers for breakfast although I haven't crossed the line at sweets for breakfast (unless Cookie Crisp counts).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dress!
    As for tidbits, do you think #4 is an Asian thing? When I was still living at home, my parents used to make me eat rice and dinner leftovers for breakfast. I have never watched any of anthony bourdains shows...I don't think he's very popular here down under. Will have to see it on you tube!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could do lunch/dinner for breakfast. I like your strategy. I do breakfast for dinner, though. It's nice to have light calories at nite. Good luck w/those friendly folk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could probably be happy for days just alternating between staring at my pup and Anthony Bourdain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a leftie too!!!!
    Back in the late 70's it was definitely uncommon~my mother used to make me try and try to write with my right hand.
    But we all know I march to my own drum anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Elaine / Katrina / Jazz E!

    Cee - not fun part of being a leftie - getting ink smudges on your hand all the time. And wanting to use your left hand but being in one of those countries where the left hand is considered "dirty." Good times, haha.

    amy kelinda - I don't know, girl. I may think you're hugging me to pick my pockets and then you've put a roofie into the cobbler, haha. So is this a NYC thing or am I just neurotic?!

    rachel - I wish Anthony would come to Atlanta! I would love to meet him! And honestly, all the seasons of his show kind of blur together anyways.

    Mugdha - and cold fried chicken too!

    fshnonmymind - Cookie Crisp is sinful. How kids and the cereal industry have fooled parents into feeding that to their young as a "nutritional" breakfast food is beyond me.

    vintageglammz - hm, not sure. My parents are emphatic about eating up the leftovers ("we've got to eat this today, it is going bad" - oh yum, thanks, mom) but I don't remember doing it often for breakfast. But then again they never were those breakfast prep people.

    gigiofca - I wonder if they think of me as the suspicious Yankee or something. ;o)

    Laurel - haha, ah, a girl after my own heart!

    Eleanor - lefties are not common in Chinese households either - if I had gone to school in Taiwan, they would have made me start learning to write with my right hand. They tried this when I went to Chinese summer camp in elementary school, but by then, it was waaaay too late for switch me around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...