30 May 2011

Dots & Stripes Forever

Happy Memorial Day, ladies! Aside from the (hopefully) physical and mental recharge we are all partaking in these past few days, let's also spend a few moments and remember the real reason we celebrate this day - to commemorate all the US service members who have fallen while in military service.

I've had a great long weekend of eating, cooking, park-ing, lounging and generally being a lazy loaf - it's been awesome. So it should come as no surprise that with the great summer-y weather, I've spent my days in general absolute casual-ness:

IMG_4652

IMG_4640  IMG_4635

Top: H&M stripe (worn here before - similar here, modern here)
Skirt: UO Cooperative monaco
Shoes: Keds spright wedge (worn here before - similar here, here)
Necklace: White Owl via Etsy (worn here before - similar here)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff trompe l'oeil mac

IMG_4696  IMG_4689

Top: J. Crew factory multi-stripe pullover
Shorts: Banana Republic (similar here)
Shoes: Mossimo by Target wakana (worn here before - similar here)

IMG_4672  IMG_4678

Hat: Christy's & Co. (big enough to fit my giant noggin! - similar here, here)
Top: J. Crew max & molly gallery (worn here before - similar here, here)
Shorts: Old Navy pleated (worn here before - similar here)
Shoes: DVF lush flip flops (worn here before)

IMG_4711  IMG_4706

Top: F21extended hem dot (worn here before - similar solid here, here)
Shorts: Old Navy chambray tie-belt
Shoes: Sofft woven thongs (similar luxe here, reg here)

What have you gals all been up to? Have any of your partaked in some awesome sales, or other grand (there are no small) adventures?

18 comments:

  1. I probably will not do anything shopping today. :(

    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am staying put today! Mr. M had to work, therefore I am enjoying some sun, sitting on the deck, catching up on magazines. I am not taking advantage of any sales today. It actually feels nice not fighting the crowds in stores or on the highway.

    you look cute as always. The RM bag is fun! I've never seen that one before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, you are the cutest poser of all time. I love all your casual outfits! I just got back from camping, so my outfits were not as casual--more dirty, ragged and smelling of campfire. So much fun though! Glad you are getting some r&r!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your outfits and your poses... I need to practice some new ones myself! Today I am recovering from jet lag and resting for the busy week ahead. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i WISH i could look as cute as you do in casual gear Lisa. whenever i go casual i look pretty daggy :-)
    Happy Memorial Day! Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that first outfit. That skirt is so cute!
    Nothing much with me. Just finished some exams and oh, attended a friend's wedding today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute! I love the holding my hat pose. You look like you are ready to dance in broadway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first outfit is just divine -- love the black and white stripes, with the bright color blocking in your skirt. So fresh and crisp. Oh, and that RM bag is lovely! I have been drooling over all the rectangular satchel/shoulder bags I have been seeing lately.

    And the Max and Molly shirt is too cute. Makes me want to go on a leisurely bike ride in any of these darling outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally loving the skirt in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great ensembles. I absolutely love the first outfit!

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfits Lisa!!!

    You look awesome in a hat! I seriously love your creativity and ability to pull cool, unexpected color combos together. I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite outfit is the top one - I love the mix of different stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Jen, I DO NOT look as good in shorts as you do. I'm still going to try to wear them this summer though. Happy belated Memorial Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the queen of stripes! I like all of your outfits, but especially the first. No adventures here, but I admit to doing a little shopping at Nordstrom and Talbots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your first outfit a lot -- especially that you wore a contrasting pair of shoes. How creative!

    I had kind of a busy Memorial Day weekend -- saw my sister graduate from hs, and then celebrated a wedding anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great series- you really do get that perfect mix of easy casual and chic. Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the red/ magenta wedges, what a fun pop of color

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just want to comment that I am insanely jealous of your Max & Molly tee. I saw it online and was going to buy it, but it totally disappered before I got around to it.

    I've been very good at not partaking in much shopping lately (minus a new computer that was necessary or else my old laptop would have ended up thrown out the window for slowness and stupidity).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...