08 April 2011

Respect the Outfits (Anthro-esque)

Not a lot of Lisa mumbo jumbo this time because we all already know - loads of big puffy hearts for the Anthropologie, but they go hand-in-hand with credit card rashes and a dwindling bank account. But good thing that your fellow bloggers and Anthro fans are so fashionably resourceful, because they've been able to pull together some stellar "betcha can't believe it's NOT from Anthro" looks for a lot less!

So here's this week's Respect the Outfits reader feature: Anthro-esque ( and if you want to check out the last Anthro-esque reader post, click HERE):

♠  Dea from the dea diaries:

Outfit: Forever 21

♠  overcaffeinated (see overcaffeinated rock her look here):

ruffle top - Old Navy / cardigan - J.Crew / skirt - Forever 21 / shoes - Connie / necklaces - Avon and H&M

♠  Jen from vintageglammz (see Jen rock her look here):

Dress: Tokito Horse Print Waterfall Dress @ Myer Australia / Jacket: Museum Clothing Sydney / Tights: Paddy's Markets Sydney /
Shoes: Kmart Australia / Belt: Dotti Australia

♠  Josie from Jo Jo Phine (see Josie rock her look here):

Dress and Shoes: Macy's / Top: Urban Outfitters / Jewlery: gifts

♠  Cee from to brighten my day (see Cee rock her look here):

Plastic Island dress / American Eagle shirt / J.Crew necklace / Mossimo flats

♠  Peggy from She Hath Done What She Could (see Peggy rock her look here):

Shirt: Old Navy $5 / Cardi: NY&Co. $9 / Skirt: Ross $10 / Shoes: Target Dolce Vita $7

♠  Jenn from Complex Cardigans (see Jenn rock her look here):

Target Cardigan / Old Navy Dress / Urban Outfitters Belt / Forever21 Necklace / Target Boots

♠  Danielle from mrschong (see Danielle rock her look here):

Jacket - Old Navy / Dress - Dynamite / Shoes - A&N / Purse - Vintage

♠  Thirteen Pounds (see Thirteen rock her look here):

jacket- Gap / blouse- Banana Republic / herringbone pants- Gap / necklace- Forever21

♠   ♠   ♠   ♠

And here's my Anthro-inspired attire - I know I've worn this skirt with something navy to death already (here, here, here) and this cardi just a few days ago (here), but can I help it if an outfit puts itself together?

IMG_3145

IMG_3133 IMG_3164

Skirt: Zara elastic-waist (similar here or here or not, but I wants! here)
Top: Loft beaded blouse (worn here before - similar-ish here or in white here)
Sweater: J. Crew cotton (similar jacket here or oversized here)
Bracelet: Forever 21 faceted cube spiral (worn here before)
Shoes: Nine West temani wedges (worn here before - similar here or peep-toe here)

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for pulling these together Lisa! I think it's wonderful how Anthro-esque pieces can be bought on the cheap and cheerful side. Nothing wrong with wearing a tried and tested outfit - you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the anthro-esque skirts and dresses that these ladies are wearing. And I must say, those Target Dolce Vita shoes are HOTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feature. Everybody looks awesome. Oh, I'm wearing Anthro knockoff shoes from Target today so I feel like one of the girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including me in the feature Lisa! Everyone looks wonderful and I'm amazed at how Anthro-esque these looks are. Very inspirational!

    You look so cute! I love that skirt and love how you wore it each time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Anthro-esque outfits on everyone! I'm really loving overcaffeinated's outfit - I just got that F21 skirt and she's inspired me to try it out with orange!
    I also love Cee's skirt - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good ladies! I *love* Cee's outfit! So classic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful outfits! Thanks for sharing! And look how Pacey has grown! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting this lovely challenge! Everyone looks lovely and love your skirt, Lisa : )

    www.mrschong.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these outfits! Your outfit looks great Lisa, and no you can't help it if the outfit puts itself together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone looks so lovely and "Anthro-esque"! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy smokes - these outfits are killer - I love this batch! I need to check out F21 STAT for that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love all the outfits and holy cow your skirt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUch great Anthro-esque looks on all these ladies...super cute! Thanks for running this fun feature!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for including me in this feature, Lisa! All the ladies look great in their non-Anthro but Anthro-inspired looks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You ladies are certainly rocking the Anthro-esque outfits! Love it! Great feature Lisa:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That vivid Ross skirt must be a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good ones, all! I love the overcaffienated outfit in particular. It captures the whimsy quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. some lovely inspirations- love Dea's brown lace w/ brown cardi! and then all the bright colour combos too...

    and of course the point is to see some budget lovelies, but I LOVE the Marc Jacobs skirt you linked to!! (heh...fortunately I have a similar thrifted one to save me from excruciating pain...)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the mixed black and white patterns with the yellow jacket over it all. You put together outfits flawlessly! SOOOO cute, and very anthro, I agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all of these, and I absolutely love Cee's outfit! Great post, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one of my favorite features of all the blogs I read! Seriously, every outfit is SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this post cause it's so true that you can achieve an anthro look without buying from there. Such great outfits...esp yours. The color combo you've got going on is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay, everyone did such a great job. I want to join in next time it looks like loads of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great collation of outfits!! All with amazing girls and amazing outfits!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the yellow with that skirt!

    and all the other outfits posted, wonderful job ladies! I'm loving those gray tights with the brown boots look.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for including me.

    I love your outfit- the shoes are incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...