08 February 2011

Respect the Outfits (Anthro-esque)

Of all the retailers in existence, there are very brands that incite the level of dedication and enthusiasm that I've seen from fellow Anthropologie-lovers. And very few brands that can also bring together a community of enthusiasts from across the continents who share tips, trade clothes, and support each other in styling and life matters.

It is with a heavy heart that most of us also agree that sometimes Anthro can be just a bit out of reach for the ole pocketbook. But the good thing is that we Anthro-lovers are also quite a creative bunch of ladies who know how to put together pieces that can still give us the same eclectic / romantic / retro / precious vibe of the brand we adore.

So diatribe-short, here's this week's Respect the Outfits reader feature: Anthro-esque. The following beautiful ladies have put together a collection of their best Anthro-inspired looks from shopping their closets - and wearing little-to-no Anthro - reiterating yet again that our wallets do not dictate getting the look we want!

♥  Callandra from Petite Early Morning Style (see more of Callandra rocking her look here):

Bodysuit: No idea / Blouse: F21 Thrifted / Skirt: Loft 2007 / Shoes: Hot Kiss 2005 / Metallic Belt: Ann Taylor 2009 / Bangle Bracelts: F21

♥  Keiko from Keiko's TanPoPo (see more of Keiko rocking her look here):

Top: SM2 (Japan) / Skirt: Forever21 / Shoes: Japan / Necklace&Shoe Clips: TanPoPo (Etsy)

♥  inkmark from Objects of Desire (see more of inkmark rocking her look here):

Cardi: JCREW factory / Top: JCREW Lisette lace shell / Bottom: JCREW Chor Pencil skirt / Shoes: JCREW bow and chain ballet flat

♥  Peggy from She Hath Done What She Could:

Dress: Tucker for Target / Cardi: Plaza Cardi Knockoff from ROSS / Boots: Target Kachiri / Jewelry: Kohls

♥  Meghan :

Dress and Cardigan from Forever 21 / Necklace from New York and Company / Tights from Target / Boots from Sears / Belt from Anthro

♥  Elle from Fast Food and Fast Fashion (see more of Elle rocking her look here):

Dress: BB Dakota / Cardigan: J. Crew

♥  Lisa from Sweet Laundry Loves (see more of Lisa rocking her look here):

Cardigan: Banana Republic / Blouse: Gap (hand me down) / Jeans: Fidelity / Boots: Browns Shoes / Earrings: H&M

♥  Jen from vintageglammz (see more of Jen rocking her look here):

Dress: Target Australia / Belt: Paddy's Markets Sydney / Shoes: Topshop

♥  JG from Stuff Jewish Girls Like:

Top: TJ Maxx / Skirt: Gap / Belt: Forever 21 / Jeggins: JC Penny / Rainboots: Dav via Ideeli / Umbrella: Coach / Jewelry: J.Crew + Bat Mitzvah gift!

♥  Lisa from Confessions of a Call Center Gal:

Skirt - DownEast Basics (inspired by Anthro's Scalloped Clouds Skirt) / Top - Forever 21 / Cardi - Target

♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

Lastly, here's me! I probably didn't need the shoe clips, but I was all about pushing the spring vibe:



Jacket: J. Crew marled thandie (similar here or lighter here)
Top: Ann Taylor ribbon tank (similar embellished here or only kinda sim, but gorgeous here)
Skirt: H&M (now in stores - similar mini here or -ish luxe here or camel here)
Tights: Anne Klein
Shoes: Nine West Temani patent wedges (worn here before - similar here or here)
Shoe clips: Lilywinkel via Etsy (worn here before)

30 comments:

  1. I love your skirt first off, I rarely get to H&M, and sadly they don't sell online so boo, I will probably never have a chance at it. Also I love the looks from sweet laundry loves and vintageglammz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great outfits - I'm impressed at how Anthro the non-Anthro pieces look! Your skirt is so cute Lisa, I love a good H&M find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt and I adore the ideas that these ladies have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put in for this! I wonder if I sent to the wrong email address. Hmmmm... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfits!! I love that Tucker for Target dress on Peggy, and I can't believe how much Lisa's DownEast skirt looks like the Anthro version! I thought she'd cheated until I read the fine print :)

    Lisa, I love your shoe clips!! What a cute way to add variety to a pair of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies you all look fabulous which goes to show it is not the outfit that makes the woman but the woman who makes the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Carmen! Everyone looks great! Thanks for the ideas/inspiration:)

    Lisa, your skirt is adorable and I'm loving the shoe clips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great post, Lisa! I can't believe that skirt is from H&M. It looks so Anthro like! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, thanks for including me. And that's such a pretty H&M skirt, plus the flower clips - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to find this post. I've been drooling over the Anthro site for a week now and just can't afford much of what I see. This post was some real inspiration. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa you look terrific! I love your J Crew jacket (so wanted to get it during the sale last week but didn't know what size to get). What size are you wearing and what do you usually wear in J. Crew? :)

    Thank you for putting this together! Sorry about my last minute entry (I'll be better next time! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I love seeing the inspiration...don't always need to pay Anthro prices to look as good ;)

    Your skirt is simply darling. You have such a good eye - I can almost never find anything that isn't too hootchy at H&M!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Minnesota Maven - I'm the same way with H&M! I rarely have an opp to go to their stores, so when I do, I scour everything for deals and pretty pieces!

    modernmom - I sent you an e-mail about this! I'm not sure if I goofed or not, but I went back on all my e-mails and spam blocker and can't find your entry! If you resend it, I'll add it on!

    Elle - no problemo, lady! I'm usually a 2/2P in J Crew and I am wearing a 2 here. The fit is actually spot on in the shoulders and sleeves, so I think the length of the sleeves is probably a bit shorter than the average JC jacket. Hope this helps!

    eek - That's me and F21! I love a lot of their stuff but I always have to stop and ask myself whether or not it is too young or too hoochie, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great feature!! I love how Peggy always finds look a like's it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all these outfits! I'm inspired to go dig around in my closet now for Anthro-like pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so enjoy seeing how creative everyone is....then I get to go find some new blog fav's! Thanks for hosting Lia!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get myself some shoe clips! I love how they add just a little something extra to your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post. So much inspiration.
    http://a-pretty-nest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for putting this feature togther Lisa! Goes to show you can get Anthro-esque pieces from cheaper sources. Doesn't mean I won't be shopping at Anthro anymore though :-)
    You look so cute in your outfit!
    And Keiko, I wish i had your legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They loook great! I'll try to participate in one of your other challenges next time : )

    www.mrschong.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everyone looks great - thanks Lisa for a super fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing links to other interesting bloggers!
    I like the shoe clips, actually - they add a nice unexpected touch.
    And the skirt is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun post, and you're right...I don't have an Anthropologie anywhere near me, but I'll be seeking one next time I go to the "city" just to see what all the fuss is about!
    http://www.dlynne16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, there are alot of sweaters, skirts, and dresses out there that look like Anthropologie. And I love this H&M skirt on you Lisa. You know I will be going there soon and scoping it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love H&M and F21. End up purchasing more from F21. I just stick to the tops & accessories. Your skirt is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The flats are so adorable that you are wearing!

    xoxo
    Miss Neira

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so fabulous!! And your outfit definitely makes me want spring!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so happy to hear that you liked my outit today - I must admit, it was Lisa-inspired! You rock skirts and stripes like no one!

    p.s. please no more Anthro tribute - it is making me so jelly! I own 0 Antrho!

    =(

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous skirt! You always look straight out of a catalog, and I totally envy your wardrobe.

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aw, I love this feature! Everyone looks so lovely and anthroesque :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...