22 December 2010

Be Good for Goodness Sake (and More Naners)

I know we'll all be criss-crossing paths soon as we dot our ways across the country (and the world - and even just our own neighorhoods) to visit family and friends for the holidays. May your travels be safe, your days be treasured, your wishes come true, and remember to feel blessed to be with those who love you!


 



Top: J. Crew gypsy rose cami (worn here before - similar online here or here or here in knit)
Sweater: For the Republic (it's a JC Coppelle copycat, worn here before - not similar, but pretty here, here)
Skirt: Anthropologie Edme & Esyllte Circle the Globe (worn here before - similar mini here or cord here)
Tights: Anthropologie Sunset Scrolls (sold out online - similar-ish online here or plainer here or fun here)
Shoes: Bandolino patent peep-toe bows (similar online luxe here, spectacular here or reg here)

☆   ☆   ☆   ☆

I've expounded before on the BF's love for bananas. So it should come as no surprise to you that his favorite dessert in the entire world (aside from anything apple pie-related) is banana pudding.

The BF had an unsquelchable urge for this much-beloved confection from his childhood over the weekend so we dug up a recipe from the everyone's favorite southern mama Paula Deen and got to cooker-ing. Side note - I should write almost everyone's favorite. The BF's mom can not stand Paula, which I think is hilarious, especially since they both have the same rambunctious personality, bigger than life laugh and hair, and don't feel dressed without a fist full of diamonds on their fingers!

Here is Paula's basic recipe for banana pudding - the BF and I ended up not making the whipped topping and negating the butter from the custard. Please note if you try this recipe that the milk will not have the consistency of custard until after the egg yolks are added, so don't worry. It was strangely easy to make pudding from scratch and it was long gone before the weekend was out!

28 comments:

  1. thanks and you too!
    i love paula deen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your tights subtly compliment your sweater. You look darling as always. Have a safe trip and hope your Christmas is "bananas"! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tights and shoes are out of this world. The whole outfit is great. I have a soft spot for shoes with bows on them. They would make great "wedding" shoes. Just kidding. I'll leave you alone on that one since I know how it feels :)

    Safe travels!

    Lisa
    www.sweetlaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfits lately have been getting lovelier and lovelier, and this one is no exception! Safe travels, and happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tights and that cardigan are utterly fantastic! I wish my hubs liked bananas. It's hard to justify making a dish that only I will eat....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit and I'm loving those tights. I'm not much of a white tights kinda' gal, but you're outfit is really making me want to go out and buy some white lacy tights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas pretty girl! I love this outfit! Surely your parents would be impressed - you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of Burlapp's Bold Boutonniere dress. Very creative and fun! I especially adore the added texture the tights bring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look GORGEOUS!!! I just love this outfit!
    Happy Holidays to you Lisa and thanks for the banana pudding recipe - fiance and I also adore bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely outfit! I like the ruffles it make the shirt look interesting. and banana pudding- yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy holiday to you Lisa! Another fantastic outfit. I love the tights with the peeptoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. have a great trip! love this outfit! see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUMMMMO!I love al things bananas too. This recipe is now added to the looong list of things I would like to make for dessert for Christmas. As if I didn't already have too much too do. Looks like it would be well worth it. Happy Holidays!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this outfit on you...and I'm in love with those tights! I need to find some just like them ASAP! I hope you have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a banana pudding recipe that calls for the use of cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk... outta this world but I have to get most of it away to avoid feeling bad about myself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your outfit is beautiful and I LOVE the snowflakes on the wall!! That is such a cute idea!!!

    Classroom Chic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas Lisa - Be safe ;) (Thanks for the recipe btw)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look very festive! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Lisa, aren't you darling in these pictures. What a great combo! And those lace tights are the prettiest pattern i have ever seen.
    Did you say banana pudding? YES PLEASE!! Merry christmas to you, and have a safe one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love banana pudding with sliced banana and vanilla wafers. So yummy warm right out of the oven. Lisa, Lisa, Lisa! This outfit is so dramatic and gorgeously sexy. The big bow on the front of the blouse and those lacy tights are heavenly. What a perfect combination.

    New favorite outfit! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post was inspired by a long weekend I spent browing your blog! So thanks for what you do, and thanks for your comments here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a happy and safe holiday! That pudding sounds Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Merry Christmas Lisa!! You look wonderful and I adore that J.Crew sweater on you. So pretty!

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for your comments, ladies! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and sales scores that fit perfectly and are 40% off!

    I'm not much of a light tights kind of gal but I saw a gal rocking them and was enthralled ... they look tanner in regular daylight, and are surprisingly warm!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Safe travels! In that cardigan and tights you'll be as cute as a button! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. now i want some lace tights!
    happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a fabulous outfit! I love the shoes and those tights are too cute!! Really, I adore your outfit! And I heart your love of banana pudding! (And if you've not had it with meringue you're really missing out...)! And thank you so much for the really wonderful comment you left the other day! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have a very merry Christmas. I hope Santa brought you everything that you wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...