27 November 2010

Other People's Blogs

Happy Thanksgiving weekend, fellow Americans! And just plain ole happy weekend to everyone else! The weather here in the SE is starting to really feel like fall/winter and we had our first real temp dip yesterday (aka, boy was I caught without a coat - brrrr!) so I am finally admitting to myself that it is unofficially winter!

So for this week's (or heck, this month's) long overdue cool stuff from other people's blog post, I collected together some great miscellany that are also helping me get into the festive, cool, snuggly state of mind:

♠  Showing how true it is that trenches are timeless - via Stockholm Street Style:


♠  We're all about holiday decor now - here's one way to look understated for Christmas but still seem luxe and cozy - via emmas designblogg:


♠  This is all the good things about fall/winter cooking all rolled up into one gut-busting confection - but calories don't count over the holidays, right? via Peabody from Culinary Concoctions:


♠  How to add a little glamour to your daily wear - via Lucy Laucht:


♠  Get "baking" on your own super-easy culinary tree trimmings for the holidays - via Bake it Pretty:


♠  What could be cozier than knitting your entire room? via desire to inspire:


♠  A fashionista's holiday portrait - via Rhiannon from liebemarlene vintage:


♠  ♠  ♠  ♠

The holidays are right around the corner and our fellow bloggers are feeling the spirit of generosity - here are some of the very cool giveaways of the week:

♠  BonBon Rose Girls is giving away a $25 gift certificate to Friedashopie Jewelry Design. Contest ends November 28.

♠  Veronica from the fashion fruit is giving away a Latuamoda necklace from Dolce & Gabbana. Contest ends November 28.

♠  shopping with M is giving away a $25 gift card to J. Crew and a Kate Spade bracelet. Contest ends November 28.

♠  Nina from alltumbledown is giving away a Bergman wrap from Edelweiss by Sarah. Contest ends November 29.

♠  GalTimes is giving away a $100 gift certificate to Shoes.com. Contest ends November 29.

♠  Cindi from Simply Cindi is giving away a pair of initial mugs from Anthropologie. Contest ends December 3.

♠  Nelah from 52 new days is giving away a gaggle of eye makeup from Dior and Urban Decay. Contest ends December 3.

♠  FashionAddict from Fashion for the Economically Challenged is giving away a La Coco silver pearl strand necklace from Stella & Dot. Contest ends December 3.

♠  Elle from Fast Food & Fast Fashion is giving away a shawl cardigan and purple jacket from Romeo & Juliet Couture. Contest ends December 6.

♠  Being Alison is giving away a $50 Visa gift card. Contest ends December 8.

♠  Zippy from Champagne Living is giving away a $500 American Express gift card. Contest ends December 10.

♠  Mama B is giving away a $100 gift card to Ebay. Contest ends December 10.

♠  petiteasiangirl from Extra Petite is giving away a whole package of goodness from J. Crew, Rock & Republic, Shue Uemera and more! Contest ends December 12.

♠  Sydney from Navigating Throu the Quarterlife with a Smile and Open Arms is giving away a $50 gift card to Beth Bad and Beyond, plus a beaded clutch, Clinique makeup and jewelry! Contest ends December 13.

♠  Debby from Inspired Design is giving away a $50 gift card to Pottery Barn. Contest ends December 15.

♠  Angie from Pandaphilia is giving away a medley of goodies from ELF, Forever 21 and Hello Kitty. Contest ends December 15.
 
♠  herwaisechoice is giving away a pair of statement earrings from the Lanvin for H&M collection. Contest ends December 17.
 
♠  Tiffany from I Am Style-ish Reviews is giving away a $250 gift card to Best Buy. Contest ends December 22.

13 comments:

  1. I am completely crushing over the nook under the stairs!! How fabulous and cozy!!

    I am just learning how to knit and am having so much fun with it... those gigantic knitting needles are crazy :P

    Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts of yours. I don't need to read more blogs, but every time you do one of these, I can't help but click and add a few to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, how chic does that little girl with the trench look! if i ever have a daughter, i shall buy her a trench! hehehe
    thanks for this post, and happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that knitted room! OMG! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is unrelated to your post but are you on twitter? Was looking for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh-that little girl's outfit is so darn cute! and the moms boots are amazing!I also love the glamour pics via Lucy Laught. Love ur blog! You now have a new follower! If you get a chance stop by & say hi!

    -Reyna
    www.glamglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Calories don't count during the holidays. :)
    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I tagged you in my latest post. I would love to know more about you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little girl in the trench and ballet shoes, stole my heart. What a cutie and that outfit....gorgeous, timeless and one I need to copy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little girl is so cute! I want her whole outfit :)
    And I just found lucy laucht recently and am so jealous of her easy, glam style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OneCraftFox - I think Harry Potter would have thought differently of living under his uncle's staircase if he had such a cozy nook too!

    Thanks, aki!

    vintageglammz/Patina/Liz - I think that little girl is my new fashion muse!

    Pamela - makes me wish I could knit - anything!

    curls-and-pearls - unfortunately I am way behind the times and have not yet joined the Twitter nation! I finally got on Facebook a few months ago, so you can tell I'm not all tech-with-it! ;o)

    Reyna - thanks so much for stopping by and visiting!

    Peabody - thank you for the sinful looking dessert!

    Ashley - aw, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed these posts, you always find the coolest blogs to link too! The knitted room was really awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, I am addicted to your blog!
    And the sample room... OMG! I always go crazy in sample rooms everywhere I visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...