28 October 2010

Respect the Outfits (your favorite)

Don't you love it when an outfit just comes together? When whatever you have on makes your feel at your best and helps to make an already terrific day even better? This week's Respect the Outfits post focuses on just that - Your Favorite outfit. And here are the beautiful women who have shared their favorite outfit:

♥  Amy from kelinda.KELINDA: I wore this outfit back in June, before I even moved out of my parents' house! I loved it because of all the crazy patterns it had going on -- polka dots, stripes, studs, lace. It kept things interesting, that's for sure! And the fact that it also combined 3 of my favorite things to wear (pencil skirt, cardigan, belt) only made it that much better!

Top: sailing stripes blouse, anthropologie
Sweater: lace-trim cardigan, just ginger
Skirt: dotted skirt, j.crew
Shoes: striped wedges, lela rose for payless
Belt: studded leather belt, j.crew

♥  Peggy from She Hath Done What She Could:

Dress: Anthropologie Dagmar

♥  Kim from Anthroholic: Here's one of my favorite outfits. I wore this last Winter, and I felt so pretty and girly in it, plus I kept getting stopped and complimented, which makes any girl feel good :) One woman actually asked me if it was a dress, or if I had come up with the combo myself! This is definitely something I'll rewear as much as I can.


♥  JoAnn from Sidewalk Chalk: I have many different "favorite" dresses, but this may be my best combination. I like that it includes my love of vintage, modern ruffles, and florals. I was so happy in this outfit!

Strapless dress: Laura Ashley, thrifted, vintage (1980s)
Sweater, belt: LOFT
Shoes: Zigi Soho

♥  LynnieLou from Besos, Lynn:


♥  AppGal from Musings on the Mountain: I loved this outfit because of the really fun color contrasting. I think navy and ochre go really well together. Even though this was the day I was called a vampire it was one of my favorite outfits because I felt so confident in it! The print is unique on the skirt, but the button-down pulled it together to make the outfit very professional.

Top: J.Crew haberdashery shirt in wild blackberry
Skirt: J.Crew Ochre Ikat skirt
Shoes: Seychelles "Her Majesty" pumps

♥  Cindi from Simply Cindi: Here's one of my favorite outfits!!! I'm submitting this one partly because this was one of the last things I wore right before I got married. It was my rehearsal dinner dress. Not only did I get a great deal for it, but it made me feel so pretty when I really needed it. Who doesn't want to feel pretty right before their wedding day right? I'm excited to wear this again and recreate that feeling!

Dress: Anthropologie Drifting By Dress
Cardigan: Nordstrom Halogen Bling Button Cardigan
Shoes: Sofft Suede Pumps

♥  Ally from Modestly Fashioned: I loved this outfit because it was so polished and made me feel so put together! I feel so much more confident when I feel like I look my best:)

White Undershirt: Elzee (Brooklyn, NY)
Vest: H & M
Skirt: Target
Jacket: Banana Republic
Necklace: Gift from R
Tights: Century 21 (Hue)
Shoes: Zappos (Minnetonka)
Belt: Gap

♥  E Hayes from Strawberry Swing and Other Things: I wore this outfit last month to a friend's baby shower, I just felt like it was the perfect outfit for the event - sweet and feminine.

Blouse: J.Crew Silk Frances Cami in Ivory
Skirt: Nordstrom Hinge
Shoes: Banana Republic Sonya Huarache Wedges
Belt: Anthropologie Snakebite
Necklace: RitzyMisfit Initial Stamp (via etsy)

♥  Liz from lizzypunch: My recipe for a favorite/comfy/stylish outfit is all black+cute shoes+denim+a bright+special accessories like my gifted bag and bangle!


♥  Cat from anthrosdottir: I was going to go with something more recent, but then I remembered this outfit and it's truly one of my faves because it has all the individual pieces are my favorites. This coat - I LOVE and would like to wear it everyday if possible. Same with the hat, boots, and jeans.
 

♥  Jen from vintageglammz: This is by far my fave. I often have those "off" days even when I'm wearing a brand new dress. But this particular dress made me feel beautiful. Simply because I got married in it! When else do I get the chance to wear something long, white and lacy, complete with a tulle headwear? And how often do I get to wear Vera Wang other than in perfume form? Best of all, just knowing I was marrying the man I loved made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
 
Dress and corsage belt: Vera Wang
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman

♥  Ady from growing up: This is my favorite dress. It is called the Surrealist dress and my best friend bought it for me when I was going through a hard time. At the time, I could not afford an expensive dress from Anthropologie. Every time I wear it, I think of her and I think about how much she cares about me. Somehow, that gives me a confidence boost. I always get compliments when I wear this dress, but a part of me wonders if it because it is an awesome dress or because I feel so great wearing it that I always smile. :)


♥  EE from eek!: I wore this to what turned out to be a surprise birthday party for me back in May. I love the pink plaid on the dress and it has pockets! My Gucci platforms I bought last year and they make me feel superfabulous :)

Dress: Banana Republic Outlet
Shoes: Gucci
Necklace: Anthropologie

♥  Jamie from Thrifty Threads: I think there are a few reasons why I love this outfit: This dress always makes me feel like a million bucks. It has a flattering cut and is made of high quality fabric with a unique texture. This is one of the first "yellow" outfits that I have worn. Long ago, I convinced myself that yellow looks terrible on me. I've slowly tried to break myself of that assumption and incorporate more yellow into my style. The shoes are perfect (even their name proclaims this to be the case!). High heeled, but comfortable and professional. The outfit is appropriate for many settings: the office, a nice dinner out, a family function, etc.

Dress: Shoshanna
Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt: Talbots
Shoes: Ann Taylor Elle Perfect Pump

♥  Tricia from Tricia's Take:


♥  Cindy from Closet Comforts: It was my favorite from the summer and since I'm feeling all sorts of nostalgia for those months right now, I knew it'd be my submission (: It's the first time I put something together that clicked without me thinking it would (black and white polka dots and a green cardigan?) and made me a lot more interested in putting together outfits instead of just throwing on a dress on and calling it a day. Though I still do that.

Dress: H&M Polka Dot 
Sweater: Anthropologie Blooming Lattice Cardigan
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Style&co Mary Jane Heels

♥  Laura from Anthro Closet Chaos: This was a tough choice. I decided to go for the most recent. I accidentally put this Sweater Dress with the Cardi while I was tearing through my closet looking for outfit ideas for my Reader's Challenge.

Sweater: Anthropologie Great Length - by Sparrow - 2009
Cardigan: Anthropologie Vines and Buds in Beige - by Charlie and Robin - 2010
Necklace: Anthropologie Ribbon Rays - by Tataborello - 2010
Tights: Anthropologie Striped Sweater in Red - by Eloise - 2010
Boots: Anthropologie Malted Barley - by Area Forte - 2009

And here's my favorite outfit from recent memory (though this doesn't compare to what all these gorgeous ladies have put together!) this outfit was nothing special other than regular weekday workwear, but I remember feeling fantastic in it. And I don't usually do silk dresses, but this one made me feel frilly and "sumptuous" - in fact, I may need to break this out again with some tights for winter!

Dress: Anthropologie Floreat Castle Lake
Sweater: Anthropologie Guinevere Roaming Frills
Belt: J. Crew metallic skinny
Shoes: Sofft Giovanna

Thanks to everyone who has participated this week - I am overwhelmed by the wonderful responses, and all your fantastic outfits! I can definitely see why these are some of your favorite looks! 

Stay tuned for next week's edition, as we take things back to your perfectly imperfect outtakes (so save your funniest)!

38 comments:

  1. Hi Hunnie....I love your fav outfit too.....everyone looks so fashionable and chic.....!!

    Great outfits everyone:)

    Stop By and Say Hello♥
    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic outfits! Everyone looks fabulous :)

    Thanks for doing these - I know they must take a lot of work to post. You're awesome (and you look awesome too in your favorite outfit!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including me Lisa! Love everyone's favorite outfits... definitely inspiring to try new color and print combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see what everybody chose! So many beautiful outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, all of the outfits are so cleverly placed together and unique! So many things to comment on...I guess I'll start out with my favorite. I love the jacket from anthrosdottir, it fits her so well and the color is so fresh!
    I'm so jealous of vintageglam's wedding gown! I do hope I can get to wear (or at least try on) a Vera Wang dress. Plus, I have a huge weak spot for tulle.
    I love the cardigan on Closet Comforts, she always know how to present an unforgettable element in her looks. In this case, that splash of green!
    Lisa, your ruffle cardigan reminds me so much of a LOFT one that I had wanted! The print on your dress is fantastic, so dreamy and full of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, Jen of vintageglammz looks AMAZING in her wedding dress! Everyone looks so great, and Lisa, your outfit is stunning too! I'm always a little sad I had to miss out on the Roaming Frills cardigan but it's so great seeing it on everyone else! Thanks for putting this together, can't wait for next week's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I loved this post. I was looking forward to it this morning too. Thanks for including me! Can't wait to see what next week brings us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Amy and Jamie's ensembles and, of course, who doesn't love a bride on her wedding day?!

    http://xoxoebony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this post! I read most of these bloggers and always think they have TERRIFIC style. Seeing which looks are their faves is really interesting.

    PS - Your look is really nice too. It is actually one of the outfits I think of the most when I think about "Lisa Style". :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! Another fun one and some great outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for including me Lisa! This was such a fun take on Reader Outfits and I really enjoyed seeing everyone's favorites. Everyone is so well dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how our favorites vary in casual and elegantness! Some of us are t-shirt and jeans and other full dresses! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post - so sorry I didn't participate! I haven't been great at taking pictures lately! All the ladies look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bridal gown! SO BEAUTIFUL! And her description just made me tear up a little! (I am a sucker for sure) And whachutalkinabout, Lisa? Your outfit is AMAZING. I love that dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww wow, I totally missed out on this but it was SO nice being able to see everyone at their best. Great idea Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just discovered your blog. I love your style. The dress in your fave is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many wonderful stories and outfits, its hard to come up with a comment actually! Thanks everyone for sharing, and thanks for putting this together Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them all, but especially the first... and the last!! (in no particular order) :)

    I would like to invite you to join my **Interactive Halloween Party**, come, come, I promise I won't bite, I'm not a vampire... or am I ...? eery music....

    ReplyDelete
  19. These pictures are so inspiring, thank you for posting. The blue cardi you're wearing must be the one that you have in multiples because it's so fabulous! I am so in love with your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooops, I forgot to send mine! Everyone looks beautiful in their favorite outfits! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much for my good intentions this week - oopsies! Everyone looks gorgeous in their favorite outfits and it was so fun to see what they picked.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally dropped the ball on submitting an outfit this week. Everyone looks AWESOME. Damn, there are a lot of nice dressed women out there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really appreciate everyone's feedback to my post - and thanks again to all your lovely beautiful women who participated this week! I am truly overwhelmed at the wonderful turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh dang it, I totally meant to send a picture and obviously forgot! I love seeing all these outfits- everyone looks fantastic. I have to get myself together for the funny outakes next time, I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lisa- I NEED a closeup of your shoes. They are darling from the front and I'm very curious about a side view. Pretty please?!

    And I say find a bag that you absolutely love, save up little by little and it will be yours. You will cherish it forever. I think a classic handbag is a great investment- never goes out of style, you will use it for all the years of your life (some years more than others) and then someone in your bloodline will love it forever too. I feel this way about a mink Dior hat my Gramma owned. I hope sometime this winter I can post about it without looking silly. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Lisa!
    great feature and thanks so much for featuring me. Doesn't everyone look fab?? I also loved reading their snippets about why the outfit is their fave.
    I love Amy's (Kelinda)polka dot skirt outfit! it's so cute.
    I wish i could comment and gush out on every single one, but it'll prob take me the whole day (and im at work right now)! Oh and Lisa - your outifit is every bit stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Reading the explanations of these outfits and why they are favorites was awesome... a good reminder of the reasons to love yourself :) and all the contributors look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey lisa just discovered ur blog .. loved this post and the a post before like thsi ,.. readers outtake post .. really fun :).. i cant wait tp participate in next such post :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Lisa,
    thanks sooo much for doing this! It made me so excited to see my outfit pic on your blog and to see everyone else's fav outfits:) this is such a great idea!
    ~Ally
    http://modestlyfashioned.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely loved this post Lisa! I can't wait to see more of your reader outfits post! Everyone looks beautiful! Thank you for including me!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Everyone chose well! I really like how Amy paired different prints together (I'm always a bit afraid of clashing), AppGal should be a J.Crew model, and yours Lisa, once again great choice on the print!

    One of these days, I will participate in one of your reader's corner posts =

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great idea for a post! I am blown away by these outfits, especially Jamie's amazingly pretty yellow outfit. There's a lot to learn from here, and I found some new blogs to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks so much for featuring me, Lisa! I think my favorite part about this post was reading WHY everyone selected their outfits. It's great to hear what makes others feel confident, put together, and trust to themselves.

    And I just remembered an outtake I have, so I will definitely be participating again. Love this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks Lisa for including me! I am sorry I did not send the details of my outfit, oops. This is what I wore: cardigan: H&M,shirt: Romeo & Julietta, skirt: GAP, tights: Jessica Simpson, and shoes: LaRedoute. Again,thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lisa,

    As always, I am late to comment. But I did see the Post right after it went up. What a fantastic turnout. From Jen's Wedding Dress to Cat's colorful outfit, to Jamie's lovely Yellow, and Eek's gorgeous print dress. Everyone is dressed to the nine's and feeling their very best.

    Thanks for including me. Looking forward to next weeks outtakes.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  36. {Amy from kelinda.KELINDA} looks great!!! i love how all of that is working on her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...