21 October 2010

Respect the Outfits (Outtakes)

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I put together my outfit posts I will usuall select the best two-three pics from the bunch to use (you know, the ones that make me look as long and lean as my stubby body will allow). The vast majority of the cast-off pics consist of me goofing off or realizing my skirt is tucked into my tights or standing in the one completely dark spot of the house or making a face even a mother wouldn't love - and those suckers usually get deleted straight away.

But as blogging is all about sharing and we're all human, I thought our photo "bloopers" would be a great subject for the debut of my new feature: Respect the Outfits - Outtakes edition. And here in no particular order are the fantastically fashionable ladies who have sent in their great outtakes to share with you:

♦  EE from eek!:

Top: Anthropologie
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: B. Makowsky
Earrings: gifted

♦  Tricia from Tricia's Take:


♦  Jen from vintageglammz:

Dress: Anthropologie Drifting By
Belt: Anthropologie Looping Lanes
Shoes: Target Australia
Bag: Prune (South America)

♦  Laura from Anthro Closet Chaos:

Dress: Anthropologie Yellow Cloud by Floreat - 2008
Coat: Anthropologie Cream Confection by Idra - 2010
Hat: Sara Felted Wool Clothe by Couture Creations - 2010
Scarf: Anthro's Springing -2009
Shoes: Too Many Cooks Platforms by Seychelles - 2008

♦  Cindy from Closet Comforts:

Dress: Victoria’s Secret
Top: Kaitlyn Lace
Belt: Urban Outfitters
 
Dress: Tucker for Target
Belt: Anthropologie High Prairie

♦  Peggy from She Hath Done What She Could:

Dress: Target Converse Shirtdress
Top: Tilly's Gingham Shirt

♦  Liz from Lizzypunch:


♦  Lori from lorispeak:

OTOTW Specs
Gap pink cowlneck tank
Love by Design striped green drapey cardigan
Grey plaid puffed-sleeve blazer
Lisa Skinny Jeans by Fire Jeans
Brown suede Zara ankle booties
Braided orangey-tan leather belt

♦  And of course it wouldn't be right if I didn't share some of my own recent outtakes:


Thanks to all you wonderful gals who participated - I really appreciate you all playing along!

And thanks again to Kim, Cat and Aimee for their great reader features and the original inspirations for me in starting this.

I'll be highlighting another subject next week but will certainly come back for some more outtakes later on!

35 comments:

  1. I love this feature! I can get some pretty ridiculous out-takes as well so I'll have to resist deleting them and keep them to the side for your next edition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of love the one of Jen from vintageglammz. It looks like she's floting a bit.

    http://xoxoebony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I love Cindi's, they don't look like outtakes to me. Good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these literally made me laugh out loud! Tricia's especially are hilarious! Just goes to show that fashion blogging isn't all glamour and glitz ;). I usually delete my really bad pictures from my camera before I even upload them, so I'll have to stop doing that and send some in to you for the next time - you should really make outtakes a weekly feature, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are hilarious - thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's no way you cannot keep this going this is the BEST!
    A great way to start the day that is for sure and I am totally willing to participate next go around...just let me know when!

    P.S. This should really be done weekly it is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, The outakes are wonderful. Thanks for incising mine. Lizzy's broken umbrella is hilarious. The look on Loris face is priceless. And the second image of you is goofy to say the least.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - this is great! Please continue. I love Tricia trying to get her little cutie out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feature!!! I'll definitely have to participate next time. Some days I have more outtakes than good photos, although I tend to delete them right off my camera before downloading to my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious outtakes, and yet everyone still looks so great! Maybe we should start putting outtakes on our own blogs alongside our outfit of the days (: Thanks for including me, and for putting this feature together!! I can't wait for the next edition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so hilarious!!!! I have one to send you for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this post! We always see the best pictures, but never see the funny ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is such a fun post! Oddly refreshing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa,

    This is so awesome! and funny. I know I promised to send you my picture but after looking at all these picture I am so glad I didn't!! I could have looked really bad...I mean really.. with all these cute and funny pictures~

    Jin,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love this idea! I've got tons of outtakes! Yikes!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol, these are GREAT! I esp love Jen's (vintageglammz)

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a WINNER!! What an excellent idea - and what good sports for contributing. When/if I ever get around to taking OOTD shots, I now know there'll be a place for them. LOL ps: Laura? You make me laugh. And the umbrella shot - who knew there were so many funny shots out there? Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too funny!! I can almost hear Tricia saying, "mommy's almost done" as she scoops up her daughter...even though I've never heard Tricia's voice!!

    These are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too funny, these are hilarious!! Please continue to do this it's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hilarious! This was such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww Lisa.. I love these "bloopers".. hee hee. I normally just delete mine, so I couldn't find any to submit to you. :( maybe next time.

    I hope you're having a great week so far... and not working too hard.. and finding sometime to play. I'm so ready for the weekend. There's a little festival going on in town, hopefully me and the hub will be able to attend.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love this! makes y'all seem human!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so amazing. Thanks so much for starting such a wonderful reader feature. Tricia's made me laugh out loud -- absolutely hilarious!

    I had every intention to contribute an outfit, but when I looked back through my pics, I realized that I must have deleted all my outtakes. Oh well -- I'll be sure to save some for the next time outtakes are featured : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so wonderful and cute! And we do have outtakes here, I really just need to find some, but most of them are not so funny, just outfit stuff completely out of whack or bad lighting. These seem happy though! Which is great! Thanks everyone for sharing and Lisa for putting this together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too funny!! Love them. Tricia's are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your great feedback! I appreciate you all liking this feature and really appreciate those who played along!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there lisa
    Thanks for featuring me. this is a great feature and so hilarious!! I can't wait for the next topic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hahahaha, these are too funny. I hope you feature the outtakes again. I want to participate next time!

    Call Me Ishmael

    ReplyDelete
  29. I totally forgot to email these to you - and trust me, I had plenty of material! The outtakes are hilarious - I love it! Such good sports!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh you picked the nicest ones ;) Saving the worst for later? I swear I'd take some of these girls outtakes for a good post! This was fun I'm up for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE this feature!! You have to do this every week!!! They are all so great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun post! I absolutely love it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aaaaah, I totally forgot to submit mine! Next time, haha! These are amazing -- I love how even with the funny faces and mid-blinks, all the ladies still look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a great idea for a post! I have soooo many outtakes...i wish i had found your blog earlier so i could habe participated...owell, maybe next time:) Thanks for showing the 'we're all human and make silly faces sometimes' side of fashion blogging!
    ~Ally
    http://modestlyfashioned.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOL... I stumbled upon your blog via Anthrosdottir, and this post just cracked me up. I have my share of outtakes, but usually delete them! I'll be sure to save the good ones for the future. Thank you for the laughs, I really needed it today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...