Thanks to Kathleen from Princess of Taylor for her blog tag (answer her 8 random questions, and then pass on 8 more questions to 8 lovely bloggers). Here are my answers to her questions:
• If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Hong Kong. I went there once on a business trip with the best group of co-workers and our company CEO who had been there multitudes of times before. We stayed at the Four Seasons and got a private tour of the city from our CEO which included visits to probably one of the best tailors in the city and one of the best hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Plus we watched the Super Bowl while having beers and breakfast at a British expat bar. I would love to go back to try to relive the excitement and experiences, and get to explore more of the city.
• What is your biggest fear/phobia?
Public speaking in the nude to an angry audience of toothy insects.
• What is your favorite album of all time?
The Doors greatest hits. Or The Cranberries - No Need to Argue.
• Would you recommend the last book you read to a friend and why?
Yes! I just finished Eat, Pray, Love. Good reading - reminds you to look within yourself for peace and strength. Plus Liz Gilbert is a good storyteller.
• Would you rather never shop at your favorite store again or never wear any accessories again?
I could make do without accessories, as long as shoes and purses don't count. And do scarves count if I am actually wearing them for warmth?
• Name a celebrity that you hate for no valid reason.
Britney Spears. Howie Mandell. Sarah Palin. Bill O'Reilly (but I think I have reasons there). The lady that married Christian Bale, but I don't think she's a celebrity. I could go on.
• What is the worst date you've ever been on?
This is not technically a date but it was the first thing that popped to mind, and it was ridiculous. A few years ago a mixed group of friends (including a guy I liked) and I went out for some casual weekend partying - at Hooters. And Hooters happened to be located next door to a local strip club and after a few too many beers, all us gals agreed to go too.
Now I don't remember specific details after this, but I recall drinking other people's drinks at the club ... and dropping money by some of the "employees" ... and puking chicken wings ... some hooting and hollering ... and waking up briefly in the rear seat floor area of someone's truck ... and then waking up in the morning in one of my friend's daughter's bedroom.
Now that wasn't mortifying enough (thousands of pardons to my poor friend that had to take me to her house and uproot her child), but then when she drove me back to Hooters to pick up my car, I couldn't find my keys. So multitudes of calls later, my friend had to drive me over to my guy friend's house (the one I liked? yeah, that guy) because he took my keys from me sometime the previous night and had to see my looked-like-I-got-run-over self in the harsh light of day to give them back.
So that could be inferred as my worst date ever - because I certainly never got a real date with that guy!
• You're at a multi-level shopping mall and someone is chasing you. Do you jump over the railing to the lower level to get away from them?
Probably not because those mall levels are usually really high. I think I can just squirt around people and knock over stuff in my path to get away from the bad guys. Unless they're really bad, like flesh-eating zombies or Freddy Krueger, and the mall is deserted, in which case then jumping may not be a bad idea.
Jennylee from Not Just a Pretty Face also tagged me with a fun round of questions - here are my answers to hers:
• The line from any song that always "gets you". I.e. makes you smile, tear up, feel some emotion, etc.
It's "shake it like a Polaroid picture" from Hey Ya (OutKast) or "I love you like a fat kid loves cake" from 21 Questions (50 Cent). They both crack me up.
• If you could choose any other name than your own, what would you choose?
This totally doesn't fit me, but I used to want to be named Taylor or Morgan - I used to think of Lisa as too run-of-the-mill (there were like four other Lisas in my 4th grade class).
• Everyone has their hang-ups and being able to admit those, I think, shows a sign of strength and not weakness. What is your biggest weakness and what do you do to work on it?
Probably confidence in myself. I'm a lot better now (because somewhere along the way I stopped caring so much), but I used to be pretty low in that area.
• On the other side- what's your most positive attribute?
I think I'm fiercely loyal and totally into details - I'll work at something until it gets done!
• The one celebrity who annoys you to NO end! (I stole this one from Kathleen's questions, but I'm curious to hear what others think!)
See above. I could seriously go on for days with names.
• If you could dedicate a song to anyone right, now what would that song be and to whom?
This is sappy, but probably I'm Yours from Jason Mraz to my BF. One, because it's true, and two, because he has a man-crush on Jason and loves everything he does.
• If you could own one memorabilia item from the set of ANY movie, what would that item be?
Christian Bale from American Psycho - does that count are memorabilia - because that's what I'd like. Christian Bale from Batman Begins is fine too.
• If you were forced to be addicted to ONE thing- what would you hope that thing would be?
My first thought was "food," but that is probably a bad idea. Maybe addicted to "making money" so I can be more ambitious and that may guarantee me success to support my family - but I could see a lot of bad about that. Honestly I've dealt with close people with addiction and think it is probably not a good idea to be addicted to anything!
And here are my random 8 questions:
- If you could be any heroine, who would you pick and why?
- What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
- What is one of the proudest moments of your life?
- Name your favorite food.
- Who is your favorite Real Housewife from the entire series?
- What were you doing one hour ago?
- Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
- What's your favorite cheesy joke?
♠ Gigi at Gigi's Gone Shopping
♥ Carrie at this free bird
♣ Kcookski at Some Hot Dishes
♦ Joann at Sidewalk Chalk
♠ Mandy at Adoring Anthropologie
And here's my OOTD:
Top: Anthropologie Molded & Melded (worn here before)
Skirt: J. Crew cotton striped (worn here and here before)
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity (worn about that same number of times before)
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction Pine-A-Colada (worn here, here, and here before)