04 August 2010

8 Little Questions - And 8 More

** Long post alert! **

Thanks to Kathleen from Princess of Taylor for her blog tag (answer her 8 random questions, and then pass on 8 more questions to 8 lovely bloggers). Here are my answers to her questions:

•  If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Hong Kong. I went there once on a business trip with the best group of co-workers and our company CEO who had been there multitudes of times before. We stayed at the Four Seasons and got a private tour of the city from our CEO which included visits to probably one of the best tailors in the city and one of the best hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Plus we watched the Super Bowl while having beers and breakfast at a British expat bar. I would love to go back to try to relive the excitement and experiences, and get to explore more of the city.

 •  What is your biggest fear/phobia?
Public speaking in the nude to an angry audience of toothy insects.

   What is your favorite album of all time?
The Doors greatest hits. Or The Cranberries - No Need to Argue.

 •  Would you recommend the last book you read to a friend and why?
Yes! I just finished Eat, Pray, Love. Good reading - reminds you to look within yourself for peace and strength. Plus Liz Gilbert is a good storyteller.

•  Would you rather never shop at your favorite store again or never wear any accessories again?
I could make do without accessories, as long as shoes and purses don't count. And do scarves count if I am actually wearing them for warmth?

 •  Name a celebrity that you hate for no valid reason.
Britney Spears. Howie Mandell. Sarah Palin. Bill O'Reilly (but I think I have reasons there). The lady that married Christian Bale, but I don't think she's a celebrity. I could go on.

 •  What is the worst date you've ever been on?
This is not technically a date but it was the first thing that popped to mind, and it was ridiculous. A few years ago a mixed group of friends (including a guy I liked) and I went out for some casual weekend partying - at Hooters. And Hooters happened to be located next door to a local strip club and after a few too many beers,  all us gals agreed to go too.

Now I don't remember specific details after this, but I recall drinking other people's drinks at the club ... and dropping money by some of the "employees" ... and puking chicken wings ... some hooting and hollering ... and waking up briefly in the rear seat floor area of someone's truck ... and then waking up in the morning in one of my friend's daughter's bedroom.

Now that wasn't mortifying enough (thousands of pardons to my poor friend that had to take me to her house and uproot her child), but then when she drove me back to Hooters to pick up my car, I couldn't find my keys. So multitudes of calls later, my friend had to drive me over to my guy friend's house (the one I liked? yeah, that guy) because he took my keys from me sometime the previous night and had to see my looked-like-I-got-run-over self in the harsh light of day to give them back. 

So that could be inferred as my worst date ever - because I certainly never got a real date with that guy!

 •  You're at a multi-level shopping mall and someone is chasing you. Do you jump over the railing to the lower level to get away from them?
Probably not because those mall levels are usually really high. I think I can just squirt around people and knock over stuff in my path to get away from the bad guys. Unless they're really bad, like flesh-eating zombies or Freddy Krueger, and the mall is deserted, in which case then jumping may not be a bad idea.

+++

Jennylee from Not Just a Pretty Face also tagged me with a fun round of questions - here are my answers to hers:

•  The line from any song that always "gets you". I.e. makes you smile, tear up, feel some emotion, etc.
It's "shake it like a Polaroid picture" from Hey Ya (OutKast) or "I love you like a fat kid loves cake" from 21 Questions (50 Cent). They both crack me up.

 •  If you could choose any other name than your own, what would you choose?
This totally doesn't fit me, but I used to want to be named Taylor or Morgan - I used to think of Lisa as too run-of-the-mill (there were like four other Lisas in my 4th grade class).

 •  Everyone has their hang-ups and being able to admit those, I think, shows a sign of strength and not weakness. What is your biggest weakness and what do you do to work on it?
Probably confidence in myself. I'm a lot better now (because somewhere along the way I stopped caring so much), but I used to be pretty low in that area.

 •  On the other side- what's your most positive attribute?
I think I'm fiercely loyal and totally into details - I'll work at something until it gets done!

 •  The one celebrity who annoys you to NO end! (I stole this one from Kathleen's questions, but I'm curious to hear what others think!)
See above. I could seriously go on for days with names.

•  If you could dedicate a song to anyone right, now what would that song be and to whom?
This is sappy, but probably I'm Yours from Jason Mraz to my BF. One, because it's true, and two, because he has a man-crush on Jason and loves everything he does.

 •  If you could own one memorabilia item from the set of ANY movie, what would that item be?
Christian Bale from American Psycho - does that count are memorabilia - because that's what I'd like. Christian Bale from Batman Begins is fine too.

 •  If you were forced to be addicted to ONE thing- what would you hope that thing would be?
My first thought was "food," but that is probably a bad idea. Maybe addicted to "making money" so I can be more ambitious and that may guarantee me success to support my family - but I could see a lot of bad about that. Honestly I've dealt with close people with addiction and think it is probably not a good idea to be addicted to anything!

+++

And here are my random 8 questions:
  1. If you could be any heroine, who would you pick and why?
  2. What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
  3. What is one of the proudest moments of your life?
  4. Name your favorite food.
  5. Who is your favorite Real Housewife from the entire series?
  6. What were you doing one hour ago?
  7. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
  8. What's your favorite cheesy joke?
Hopefully not overlapping with the gals already picked by other blogettes, my Qs are to be passed on to these lovely ladies:

♠  Gigi at Gigi's Gone Shopping
♥  Carrie at this free bird
♣  Kcookski at Some Hot Dishes
♦  Joann at Sidewalk Chalk
♠  Mandy at Adoring Anthropologie
♥  EE at Eek!
♣  Jessica at Breakfast at Gigi's
♦  Eleanor at Shopping the Closet

+++

And here's my OOTD:



Top: Anthropologie Molded & Melded (worn here before)
Skirt: J. Crew cotton striped (worn here and here before)
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity (worn about that same number of times before)
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction Pine-A-Colada (worn here, here, and here before)

20 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE your OOTD! That blouse is perfection, that skirt is so flattering on you and looks so comfortable, and I love the belt and the shoes.

    Now, I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call your OOTD polished and girly.:D I like how feminine this look is.:D

    I highly recommend Eat, Pray, Love too!:D Such an inspirational story.:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ruffled top is fabulous!

    I enjoyed reading your answers. True story... my first date with my b-friend, he took me to Hooters. LOL. Well, not really. We went out for dinner, then he suggested we go there for some Key Lime Pie before heading out for some drinks. Long story short, we walked in, sat down for a few minutes, then walked right back out. But he likes to tell people our first date happened at Hooters. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...Christian Bale in American Psycho...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you're so funny, Lisa. I always look forward to your posts. And that first date story is hilarious! I've had a multitude of nights like that night...where things are a blur. Totally agree with the stars you hate. Christian Bale...yech! I love Batman the movies but man, I just wished they casted someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Melissa, you crack me up.

    Thanks, Marie. The first time I tried reading the book I couldn't get past like page 20 - I think knowing the movie was coming out inspired me to retry reading it and I am glad I did.

    OneCraftyFox - Hooters has Key Lime Pie?! I thought all they had was cheap beer and nasty fried things.

    Alterations Needed - you're a gal after my own heart!

    Cindi - Oh, this is going to be our first blogee disagreement. You no likey the Christian Bale - Why? How? How could anyone no likey the Christian Bale? I've hearted him since Little Women - the BF and I even have an understanding about my love for the Christian Bale (we have the same understanding about him and Sarah Michelle Gellar, so it's cool).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in LOVE with your OOTD! I also love your staircase and banister, but I digress.

    Thanks for giving us a little more insight into Lisa - I love these memes going around because it's so much fun to find out more about my fellow bloggers! Your answer to "your biggest fear" is really cracking me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that belt you're wearing! And what a funny story about the Hooters date. HA! Great post.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun to learn more about you!! I love the wallet you are carrying so cute! Great OOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cracked me up! The "date" experience just sounds like a complete trainwreck, but could totally be made into a movie - kind of like "What Happens In Vegas" - ha!! I'm also quit enjoying the Christian Bale debate & knew that Lisa would have her say about that!

    Love the OOTD. That skirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love your cute outfit today too - it's so relaxed and adorable at the same time!

    I had fun reading all your answers - I hope you never have to face your worst fear, lol. And my best friend has three girls, two of them are Morgan and Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that outfit is fab on so many levels. i think i might need that top now. love the girlie with the edgy sandals.
    ok, i'm such a dork that i'm not sure how i'm supposed to answer your random questions. can i post it in here? i'm so lame at this that i actually just clicked over to my own site.....:)
    here goes nuthin...
    If you could be any heroine, who would you pick and why?

    wonder woman. no contest. she's smart, amazing, has cool toys including an invisible plane, and well, those boobs defy gravity.

    What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
    my gray with athletic stripes cardi wrap. it is soft, cuddly and has thumb holes, which i just adore for no particular reason.
    What is one of the proudest moments of your life?
    living to tell that i survived an unintentional childbirth.
    Name your favorite food.
    hmmmmmm. brownies. they're simple and perfect and pack a ton of chocolatey goodness into a little package.
    Who is your favorite Real Housewife from the entire series?
    new proudest moment: i've never seen the show. the only reality series i regularly watch is "what not to wear." i would kill to shop with clinton.
    What were you doing one hour ago?
    having lunch with my mom and two of my kids. burgers and the most amazingly crunchy, crinkle-cut fries.
    Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
    ice cream, no contest. gelato in italy would be my very, very first choice.
    What's your favorite cheesy joke?
    what did one dehydrated frenchman say to the other dehydrated frenchman?
    what do we do now, pierre (pee air)?! ha. from fifth grade. still kills.
    and, as a bonus because i loved the question about celebs you hate for no particular reason - gwyneth paltrow and uma thurman. i dunno. just don't like 'em. never have, never will.

    -thanks for the entertaining diversion!
    kristen (aka kcookski at somehotdishes.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Thanks for the tag!
    I will post my answers on my blog tonight....after I debate the questions....oh, and do I get a lifeline????

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your red clutch is the perfect accessory to this outfit -- great contrasting color!

    And love your answers. Your worst fear is enough to make anyone cringe, wince, turn red, and feel squeamish -- all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl your biggest fear made me almost pee my pants laughing!! But then I got SCARED too.

    And I would love to visit Hong Kong. I bet that was an amazing trip.

    Girl - I would so be the fool jumping over the railing!!

    I'll work your questions in to a post. woo hooooo!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie
    this was a great read!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your outfit looks so cool and perfect for the summer. Every time I see that skirt I kick myself for not buying it. Your date story was so funny, I can only imagine how embarrassed you were.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my favorite outfit of the three I have seen you post.

    Now as for choosing food over shoes. That is just wrong. I could starve to death and wear my shoes and look great. Then eat them later.

    You PARTY Animal! Maybe the guy you liked was trying to protect Angelic Lisa, from party animal Lisa.

    Banana Republic is my favorite store. (fingers crossed behind my back)) So I will give up shopping there. Continue shopping at Anthro. And keep wearing accessories. Me love scarves too. And hats!

    HEE-HEE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love love that skirt! The color looks so good against your skin

    Kelsey@AnEnsembleADay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Michelle. I've always wanted all wood floors throughout my home, and now that I finally have them, they're so hard to keep clean!

    Thanks, Valerie and Tricia!

    Thanks, Aimee - no one dislikes the Christian Bale. No one.

    Thanks, Jan. That scene from Indiana Jones (the first one I think) when Cate Capshaw falls into that pit of insects STILL gives me the creepies!

    Thanks for answering the Qs, Kcookski - you crack me up! I knew you'd say Wonder Woman after those posts about the WW undies and the outcry over her new outfit! And I love your cheesy joke, I'm all about those!

    I'd love to read your answers, Eleanor. Lifelines are cool too.

    Thanks, Jamie. I was laughing when I wrote that answer, then when I read it back, I figured I was pretty darn close to that truly being my biggest fear - eek!

    Thanks, Carrie - You are the storyteller extradinaire, so I can't wait to read your answers!

    Thanks, Fallon. Unfortunately stories like that abound for me - college and those first few years right out of college ... a mortifying blur. But it was fun though!

    Haha, thanks, Geo. I think the guy I liked was probably thinking he didn't want to share the road with a crazy slob like me!

    Thanks, Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely outfit, I love the fresh color combo. I just saw that I was tagged so I'll post my answers soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...