26 July 2010

The Limpy Yogi

The BF found a nail in his Jeep tire on Saturday, so our initial plans to drive north to go hiking got thrawted with an outing to Discount Tire instead. Four brand new tires (! - but he had been putting that off anyways) and a replacement tire pressure sensor later found us staring at a flat (that's right, on a brand new tire) on Sunday morning. Suffice it to say, misery loves company and we were all on first name bases this weekend.

In an attempt to help the BF out, we did go for a few walks along some local paved trails instead, and I even talked the BF to doing some meditative yoga on Sunday (to help calm the mind and relax the body, so said the Netflix descriptor). Well little did I know that BF would be giving up after about 15 minutes of mostly breathing exercises.

Seems the "old man" has such bad knees that sitting cross-legged and doing the child's pose (i.e., kneeling) kills him. BF blames knee surgeries and years of high school and college athletic abuse - I privately roll my eyes and call him chicken poops because he claims downward-facing dog cuts off his breathing yet has no problem going to the gym to meathead-it a few times a week.

As I'm in the middle of reading Eat, Pray, Love now - right about where Liz is finding inner peace in India, so that should be good enough for me to be considered the in-house expert (haha) - I'm not going to give up on the future enlightenment of my Grumpy Grumperson BF. May any of you lovely ladies know of any good "pre-K" versions of yoga or meditation for men?

And here's my OOTD:


Not unnoticed - Ack, almost the exact same sit-down pose as from a few days ago!

Dress: Ann Taylor Loft (worn here before)
Belt: J. Crew elastic blossoms (worn here before)
Cardigan: J. Crew Sunshine Peony (worn here and here before)
Shoes: Mossimo by Target wedges (worn here before and again, again, again)

20 comments:

  1. haha...I tried to get hubby to do yoga with me once. After one pose, he was OUT. Granted, it was a difficult pose, but I figured he could handle it. Try Rodney Yee videos. Seeing an ultra-buff man do yoga should do the trick. Yoga for Beginners, Power Yoga, and Yoga Burn are all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bugger on the tires. massive sucktastic!!

    you look great though...

    xo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes about the tires! It's bad enough to have one flat, but twice in one weekend is too much!!

    I lol'd at your BF's yoga avoidance technique though.

    And your outfit is verry cute. That dress is such a good neutral base for adding pretty accessories and colors to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also reading Eat, Love, Pray! I want to finish it before the movie comes out but seeing that I'm on chapter 7, I don't think that's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another really cute outfit! I am pretty lucky that my husband will take pictures...he didn't volunteer but he still takes them:) haha I laughed at your comment, I think we all get brain fried after work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute dress!
    I want to read that book before the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My yoga practice has suffered lately as the result of my acquisition of endless hobbies! I need to get back into it or else I'm going to end up in your BF's boat, creaky and exhausted in child's pose! I actually loved Eat, Pray, Love and I can't wait for the movie. Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the new tires. I love this look, the shoes really go great with that sweater. I also am reading that book and am loving it, can't wait for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cardi/shoe combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress:)))

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel your pain, I feel your pain!

    But you look darn good through it all! Such a cute pairing with the cardigan and dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that stinks about the tires- and the grumpy non-limber bf. I understand though, I went to Bikram yesterday and my body is screaming. It really does hurt to have blood flowing through ye old joints. I could never get my guy to do yoga. He did a jillian michaels 30 day shred with me once and I couldn't stop laughing. I never realized how uncoordinated he, it was slightly horrifying, even for the spectating dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE those shoes! I've never been able to get into yoga, so I guess I don't have any suggestions : /

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice shoes

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the recent sitting on the steps shots, so we can see your pretty face in the pictures! That cardigan is so pretty on you! Sorry about the tire expense - not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh to bad about the tires, but you look super cute :D Love the cardi and the shoes together <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your comments, ladies! Car troubles are the worse - I guess I should be happy at least they weren't technically my car troubles!

    AppGal/Spiffy - what it is about men and yoga? Is it a manly thing to NOT be able to touch your toes? I'll need to look up some of those other yoga tapes and see if I can remotivate the BF.

    Cindi - I don't think I'll get done with the book in time either, but really think I enjoy the movies better when I've read the book first. Except the Horse Whisperer - the movie was butt.

    Pamela - Car batteries suck too. Or pretty much all spending of money on things you need, but don't want, suck.

    Thanks for visiting, Stylestance, libys11, minnja, and Fashion by He!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it!!! That cardi is the perfect piece with that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...