23 June 2010

Zafrina Stripes




Top: J. Crew perfect-fit stripe boatneck tee
Skirt: J. Crew embroidered Zafrina (now on sale - last day for additional 30% off)
Shoes: Franco Sarto slingbacks
Necklace: Laila Rowe

I shop online way too much. Or at least I window shop online way too much. After dinner on a lot of nights, when the TV is on drone mode or the BF is playing PS3 (yes he is a grown man), I am snuggled on the couch wasting away brain cells with my laptop. Like a lot of the rest of you probably, I check the Anthro, J. Crew and Forever 21 sites daily for updates. Secondary non-daily searches usually take me to the Gap family of sites, Ann Taylor and Loft, Zappos, Endless, Ebay. My lower level of searches goes to places I have yet to actually place an order at yet, but enjoy perusing their wares - the sample sale sites, Revolve, LuLu's, ModCloth.

Like their sometimes heavily inspired-by Anthro styles or not, but I've got to hand it to ModCloth for becoming a great resource for variations on a theme we love (plus, thanks for carrying a large selection of Miss L Fire shoes). Still on the lookout for the Cherry Juice heels? Find them here. Want the Back Rock Spectators in brown? Like the Arthurium blouse, but want it in dress form? Searching for a less ruffly version of the Aniseed skirt for cheap?

(OK, I kind of really do want that Aniseed skirt wannabe. It's less ruffly and bulbous than the original and me likey the price. But does it seem too much like a "knockoff" of the real thing? But ack, stripes and my pitter patter heart ...)

Where do you virtually window shop?

13 comments:

  1. I just ordered that top and cannot wait to get it!!! I usually just stick with Anthro, J-Crew, Nordy's and Bloomies if I 'window shop' too many places I buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my virtual window shopping at Anthropologie and Etsy daily.
    My second string is Nordstrom's, Bloomingdale's, the Outnet, Endless and YOOX.
    I also look at Shabby Apple, Lulu's, and Modcloth occasionally.
    Fourth string is le train bleu, Spool 72, Rachel Roy, Spotted Moth, Calypso St. Barth, and Beacon's closet.
    And I pretty frequently make some detours to Ebay.
    if you can't tell, I shop a lot, but buy very little of what I look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my european point of view, I really like Promod.com, it's super inspirational:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the same skirt last weekend and love it! I had a hard time deciding between blue and pink and end up taking the blue.
    I also got the curated tee I asked you about a while ago. I guess the material is too soft and thin - there was a tear after one wash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all over the place online! I just love comparing prices at different shops and filling up fake shopping carts and see what a checkout price of $2000 looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I virtual shop at Anthropologie and ShopBop and Piperlime. I love it because something you get a great deal and you must buy!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a lot of online window shopping as well, although I have a whole other tier you did not mention here, which is the stores I will never be able to afford. I enjoy a good weekly swoonfest of the goods on net-a-porter etc.

    Love the outfit here. Pink and grey are one of my favorite color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh heart heart heart. I love those colors together. I always have. Well done miss lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous OOTD - I love the mix you came up with! My boys monopolize the tv's in the house, so the computer is definitely my screen choice when I am unwinding - too bad online shopping is much more expensive then cable - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you see (I think it was) tastymoog's recent review of the Aniseed doppleganger? It looks like it runs short, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfit! And I usually stick with Anthro, Jcrew and Nordstrom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to F21 online as much as I used to. I often visit J Crew (of course), Gap, BR, ON and Piperlime. I also go to the 2-day sales (Gilt, etc...) because I have found some beautiful, unique items at great prices.

    I like the top w/the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the comments on the site you frequent. Ha ha, it just means new ones for me to prow all over!

    Thanks, Jinah, for the note about Tastymoog. Didn't realize she did buy the Modcloth Aniseed version. Ack, way too short, what a disappointment!

    Thanks for visiting, Branka, Kayla, Becca!

    Michelle - oh no about your Curated tee! Do you think Anthro would give you a refund or exchange for a "defective" item? Mine is still fine, but the material is super-thin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...