22 June 2010

Things to Do

I know you've all heard this before so I'll keep it very brief: I feel like sometimes in this GO society, we don't end up reflecting in and enjoying our lives enough before moving on quickly to the pace of our daily schedules and obligations.

I think we all forget sometimes how quickly time can pass by and how often we miss out on the little joys for ourselves or in our loved ones. I realized while putting this post together was how little time I've spent on life goals. Career goals are one thing, but what soul-fulfilling experiences (big or small) do I want to come away with? What do I want to do in (not with) my life?

So I figured I can't ever be too old (or young) to start my personal bucket list - let's consider this a work in progress:
  1. Visit Machu Picchu
  2. Learn to swim (I grew up in NYC - who had a pool?)
  3. Go to Hawaii
  4. Attend cooking classes
  5. Visit my grandmother this year
  6. Start painting again
  7. Start writing again
  8. Be a mascot for a sports team
  9. Spend more time developing a list of things I really want to do in my life and being OK regardless of how big or small the item is
 What's on your bucket list?

And here's my OOTD. Kind of boring, but I had a meeting in town and wanted to be professional and simple but still keep it pretty(?):



Dress: Gap (thanks, sis - though was this a maternity dress for you?)
Blazer: Banana Republic
Shoes: Nine West Temani patent wedges

13 comments:

  1. I agree with you, we should reflect from time to time.:D

    Mine would be too long, I like your list, though.:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to high school in Chile. While there, I visited a lot of places all around South America. I highly recommend that you go to Machu Picchu. It is truly indescribable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, very inspirational!! So true that we can get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life. Some things I am doing this year are making peace with my past, and writing my down my life story (im up to age 16 currently). It's very therapeutic! Love dress btw! XOXO, Natalya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa. I love the new layout. It's new right? Yes, I'm sure it is. :) Great list as well. Once you do #2, definitely do #3! And we can meet up and sip some cocktails on the beach. :) And I'll take you to get some fabulous shave(d) ice too. Thanks for reminding us to not take things for granted and value the important things in life! Hugs!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of my goals are fitness/exercise related - but I have always wanted to join a running group and I signed up for one yesterday. It was a big move for me because I'm kind of a loner when it comes to running. So, I guess that's one thing that was on my bucket list.

    I have a lot of travel destinations on my bucket list and i'd like to own a beach house- or weekend home or sorts.. I took a photography class when I first moved to NYC and then kind of did nothing to develop any skill so I would like to start over and take a class again. I guess all my bucket list items involve a lot of money- maybe I should work on that? ha!


    I like that dress- maternity or not, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the first item on my bucket list should be to make a bucket list. I'd love to make it really arty and hang somewhere to remind me to live life to the fullest! Ahh you've got me thinking...
    And that blazer can't be boring with pink lining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome post Lisa- my husband and I were just talking over our 19 year anniversary breakfast today that we need to take time to enjoy the NOW, not always planning for the next thing!! I love your new layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new layout. The colors are so pretty.

    I love your #8!!! That's a hard one to do! I recently saw a documentary called "Being Bucky", which was about becoming Bucky Badger, the mascot of UW-Madison. I never knew how HARD it was to try out and keep that job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, I so need to do a bucket list. And I love your outfit, those colors are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruffles definitely = pretty! Love that you shared your list with us too, please sign me up for #3 - and SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'Adore!! The ruffle details are so romantic, and the texture is so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was working on a 101 in 1001 days list for a while but it got lost in the fold. I just try to make sure I am working towards a larger goal daily, even if that means I'm not checking concrete things off a list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your comments - I am glad I can get you gals thinking of life goals for yourselves.

    Time really does fly - wasn't I JUST in college yesterday? What do you mean I'm too OLD to wear that?

    I've spent way too many days not doing worthwhile things - I need to change!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...