02 June 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

I'll be heading out this weekend for a two week long business trip jaunt. Netherlands and Florida, here I come! So unfortunately I don't think I'll be posting a ton since my work outfits will be of the standard business suit variety and I don't get too creative when it's time to pack my life into a little suitcase - or rather, I have NO IDEA how to be creative when packing.

I try to make outfits before packing and then squeeze in an extra top or pair of shoes here and there, but whenever I get to where I'm going, I'm always ALWAYS left perturbed and kind of outside-of-work outfitless. Plus most of the people I'm with while traveling are long-time road warriors and they sit comfortably on top of their little boxes of vanilla outfits. Egads, does this mean I'm turning into one of them?

Do you gals have a plan of attack when it comes to packing for biz trips?


I wore this blouse just last week but I love it so much. It's so bright and summery, and is made from such a light and easy fabric. I didn't fail to notice that Edme & Esyllte has an ivory version of this blouse out now - it is hard not to chomp on that immediately. And shoot, with free shipping upon us at Anthro, I kind of want to chomp on this, this and this too. But I'll be good for now ...


Top: Anthropologie Edme & Esyllte - Rose is a Rose (worn here before)
Skirt: Zara elastic-waist striped (seen here before)
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction Pine-A-Colada
Bracelets: Old Navy and J. Crew

On a yummier side topic, the BF is on a big dessert binge and we had strawberry shortcake last night. Some delicious fresh sliced berries with tons of vanilla bean ice cream and some store-bought angel food cake (there's cake under there somewhere). Yes, we still have 3/4 of a pineapple cake and large chunks of an also-delish watermelon still to gobble. Plus a pineapple we have yet to cut into.

Maybe we should just skip the dinner tonight and dive right into the good stuff.

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love the Back Rock Spectators! :-) Great choice.

    Your skirt in today's outfit is fabulous!

    Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just screams summer!! So fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no biz trips for this teacher... but when I pack I try to double-duty everything and stick to 3-4 colors so that everything goes with everything. Wow, how's that for worthless advice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you paired the top with the striped skirt! The red is surprisingly wearable and matchable!

    Fortunately my work attire is a little more flexible so I don't have to worry about wearing suits when I travel (which is very rare anyways.). Hopefully you'll be able to some fun things outside of work during your 2-week travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! Especially the mixing of prints! But, I do share your worry of falling into the vanilla wardrobe routine since I'm going to be starting my first "corporate" job soon and every who works there dresses the same lol

    http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. stripes and floral — smashing! those sure are some disperate destinations. instead of being frustrated by the packing, though, i'd think of this as a SHOPPORTUNITY! new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I love strawberry shortcake. My mother says her grandmother used to serve it for dinner. Well, why not!

    I am useless at packing even for casual trips. I always seem to forget something important.

    I really like your blouse. That would work in Florida weather for sure. Could you wear it with a suit too and get double-duty from it? Or is it not conservative enough for work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! have a wonderful time! Super cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this outfit - what a cute pairing! And I'm totally tempted by the white version too, especially since I missed out on the red.

    Have a great trip! I am a pathetic packer - I always bring too much and then cry at the laundry when I get home - even though I don't wear half the stuff it's a rumpled mess - sigh.

    Strawberry Shortcake - YUM!!! My fave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute little outfit Lisa, just perfect together! And such yummy dessert, makes me really want to bake something sugar-y tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really adore your skirt!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads
    Don't forget to enter for your chance to win a $25 Tulle gift certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Melanie, Dea, SweetTea and OneCraftyFox!

    Thanks for visiting, Jammer and Reva!

    Jan - I think I'm on the other end of the packing spectrum from you - but that ALWAYS means I never bring anything I really want to when I get there.

    Lady Cardi - Part of the reason why I actually initially bought this blouse was bc I was thinking of having it as a work top - but I think with the casual fabric, little wood buttons and pattern, it may not be "smart" enough for a business environment. I don't know!

    Kcookski / Eek - Ooh, I am hoping for some shop shop time and an opp to see the towns a bit!

    Spiffy - you're always cracking me up, and that's what counts.

    Breanne - I'm loving those shoes! And Modcloth has the brown version - and I heard there's a red version too. Ooh, footwear overload ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...