25 June 2010

Lollipops for Work

Being super-simple today. Why did I wait this long to fall under the spell of wearing dresses? Especially soft-as-a-slub-tee knit ones? One piece and DONE. Throw on a belt and STYLED.


(Yes this is the same dress I took the pics of while trying on the Edelman wedges yesterday.
I was going to wear this yesterday, but just didn't feel it.
Tell me that I'm not alone in changing a bunch before finally deciding on an outfit for the day.)

Dress: Gap knit (worn here before)
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity (worn a million times before and still love it)
Shoes: Keds Spright Wedges (worn here before and a few thousand times before that)

Here's a pic of my latest purchase - the J. Crew lollipop ribbon blazer. I got it recently on sale with an additional 30% off and I kind of love it. I wanted something appropriate for work that was still a little off-beat and this fit the bill perfectly. Plus it's got bracelet-length sleeves - which for me means regular-length sleeves, yay! The tweed is really light and it kind of feels more like a sweater than a super-structured jacket. And I think the lining is silk - sweeeeeeeeet.

So with this and the Cartonnier Hello Sunday blazer, I've got two new lighter-weight pieces packed with personality that are both perfectly work-appropriate and would look just as good off-hours with jeans (or even shorts - gah). New non-stodgy additions to work wardrobe - check!

(Ignore the rest of the outfit - just trying stuff on)


Jacket: J. Crew lollipop ribbon (now on sale)

Going to Anthro later today or tomorrow to return the Herb Field cardi (I tried it on again last night and it mocked me from the mirror: "Really, you again? What's your name again - Lucy, Linda, Lena? We already had this conversation - you and I are not going to work. It's not me, it's you."). I'm going to be strong and try to resist all the other pretty temptations in there - but a stroll by the sale section is almost mandatory, isn't it?

Happy weekending!

12 comments:

  1. Super simple but super cute! And those are the best outfits because they require such little work but you look good throughout the day. Sorry the Field Game Cardigan didn't work out for you. Hope you find something great at the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that lollipop blazer rocks! and now I am craving a lollipop! And I am all about the knit comfy dress - yours is so cute with those red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first outfit! So cute!
    And for the tangled treasures sandals, they run big - I got them a 1/2 size down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blazer is TDF CUTE! Sorry about the Herb Field Cardi - but here's hoping there is some amazing goodie just waiting for you on the sales rack. Your OOTD is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that jacket!! I'm going to have to check that bad boy out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of that dress is smashing on you and I love that you paired it with your bright red wedges. You are so fab.

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dresses are so easy to wear and accessorize!:D Love the red wedges with the dress!:D

    Have a great weekend!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely aren't alone! Chris makes fun of me for coming out in one outfit and then later in another one, or another ;)
    Love that dress! What a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stylish! The Blazer really has a classic shape and style but the colors are so modern and fun!

    Hmmm, I love your blue dress and red wedges and you've inspired me to bookmark this remember to wear my red shoes the next time I wear my staysail shirtdress! The colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have long been obsessed with knit dresses for the summer. When I first fell in love with them, it was almost like a "duh!" moment. I mean, how much easier can you get? A full outfit in one, comfortable, stylish piece that is a cool summer material? I almost felt like I was cheating...that I knew a secret no one else did, hehe ;) I love the blue color on you, and the lollipop blazer is adorable. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your lovely comments, ladies!

    If any of you gals are considering the Lollipop blazer, I highly recommend it!

    (The Herb Field cardi is still in my possession. I'm not keeping it, but I am delaying my visit to Anthro in hope for another sale on Tuesday? Maybe? Pretty please?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I'm doing the swap stop, and I just put up an XS Gap dress too! If you're interested in swapping, then let me know! My dress is watermelon red with tiny white dots and a draw string waist. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...