05 June 2010

Hot Child at the Airport

I live in Atlanta. It is hot and humid here pretty much every day from May through October. I haven't lived in this city long, but I know that they are not joking about the heat here. So I'm not too entirely sure what possessed me this morning to go put on long pants and a long-sleeved top.


The outfit worked out fine for a visit to the mall this morning (of course I went to Anthro, but I didn't buy anything! Yay for self-restraint - or finding nothing compelling, whatever. The same couldn't be said for J. Crew - I did a "wee" bit of damage there involving taking stuff right of their mannequins and more gingham).

About five minutes after I got home, BF gave me a ring and told me he was swinging by to pick me up. He was volunteering at Good Neighbor Day at PDK Airport and had been gone most of the morning. So before he got home, I had the smarts to change into more casual attire - but forgot about the sunscreen ...



Top: Anthropologie Tiny City Gardens cardigan (worn here before)
Tank: Old Navy
Jeans: Banana Republic Classic Skinny (worn here before)
Belt: Urban Outfitters (worn here and here before)
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks Finch

LOADS of people. And airplanes. But now I am showered, fully packed, exhausted and nursing a "slight" sunburn (my version of tanning - ooh my skin, it tingles). Off shortly to catch an evening flight for my first of two back-to-back biz trips.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful rest of your weekend, and a great next week!

19 comments:

  1. I love that outfit Lisa! Have a good trip! "see" you when you return. Can't wait to see your Jcrew loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have and love that cardigan. One of my faves! It never gets too hot here in Nebraska and I am from MI where it is cold, so long-sleeve tops are ready to go year-round.I love this look with the cuffed jeans. It looks effortless and polished at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cardigan and your tall, tall shoes! Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cardigan is just the best. looks tres cute belted and paired with cuff jeans. at least you get to escape the humidity for a bit. i cannot imagine dealing with that. here in tucson it'll top 100, but at least it's dry. really does make a difference!

    somehotdishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layering in this outfit. A belted cardigan is always a go-to outfit for me too :)

    my life in style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit! Cool cardigan! :)

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a cute outfit... I look forward to seeing it when the weather is more cooperative!!! Good luck with your sun burn. I actually have a large aloe plant that I cut when I have a sunburn and apply to my skin. It is amazing.
    Good luck on your trips and I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heat be darned, you look incredible in your outfit! Wedges were the perfect addition to cuffed jeans. I'm looking forward to seeing what you picked up at J.Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shoes and am ordering them now!

    What a great outfit! Have "fun" traveling!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. man i love those shoes!!! i almost got them when i ordered my wedges (now i kinda wish i did--you look fab)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I do the same thing - even if it's hot out, I still want to wear a jacket or jeans!

    Thanks sooo much for the gift card prize!! I can't wait to use it at Anthro. I don't own anything from there so I'm a LITTLE excited ;)

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic - sometimes you have to suffer for beauty, right?! I cannot wait to see what you picked up at J.Crew - I MUST own the gingham Olivia Shift - was that what you bought? How was sizing? Eeeks, you are making me wish I could dash to my mall right this second. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you look great! And besides, despite how hot and humid it is down here, it is always arctic indoors with the AC blasting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the title of this post! Its been disgustingly humid over here...sometimes I wish I lived in California!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So jealous of those heels! They are forever gone around these parts and we've got about a million Targets in my general area. They look FAB on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shoes are AMAZING. I hope you're having a good time on your business trips! And YOWZA I can't imagine what it must've felt like to be in a cardigan and long pants during the Atlanta summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you belted that cardigan, great colors too


    xoxo
    Miss Neira

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...