30 June 2010

Grey Matters

I kind of just "threw" today's outfit together. Wanted to wear this top and couldn't figure out the bottoms, so I grabbed these shorts pretty much just because they were there, and then thought it was a wee bit chilly (this morning anyways), so I reached for the knit blazer.

Looking over these photos now, I'm not sure I made a real successful outfit, and in retrospect, the half-tuck top could've not been there. But why bother being self-critical when the day's nearly done and I spent it looking whatever way I did. At least I was comfy and my food baby had lots of room!  :o)

Off to try a chicken piccata recipe I found on Valerie's blog. Am already way late in getting started!




Jacket: Anthropologie Cartonnier Flipside (worn here before)
Top: Forever 21 Dandelion (worn here before)
Shorts: Old Navy ruched (worn here before)
Shoes: Nine West Temani wedges (worn here before)
Necklace: Anthropologie Lydell Jahara

13 comments:

  1. I love dandelions and I love yellow so put those together and I'm swooning over that top! I loved how you paired it with a blazer. Makes me want to bust out mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the half-tuck. Keeps the blousiness in check and shows of the great shorts! Hope the food turns out well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this outfit, probably because it looks like you just found things you like, threw them on and made it work! Sometimes not thinking about an outfit too much makes it look even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was really well put together. Love the pattern in your top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a really great outfit, totally relaxed yet sophisticated. The blazer is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit and I LOVE chicken picatta!
    P.S There is an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this outfit looks great!
    I love the soft notes of color and the casual chicness of it all ~ I dub this one:
    Great Success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you paired yellow with gray, gorgeous outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is great! I love your clothes. Thank you for the insperation.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!! It looks perfect together! That necklace is beautiful and such a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting, Eleanor and Creativechaos!

    And thanks for all your comments about my initially "questionable" ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definately not a questionable ensemble! Everything looks perfect together. The whole outfit is amazing. I REALLY like this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...