27 June 2010

Easy Like Sunday Gingham

And Saturday gingham. Quick post tonight - hope everyone had a wonderful weeked! It's been super hot and humid down south, so I gingham'd it all weekend and kept it as cool-inducing as I could (when it's really hot, I instinctively want to wear shorts for some reason).



Shirt: Lands' End Canvas gingham poplin (worn here and here before - yes I have this shirt in three colors and love them)
Tank: J. Crew tissue
Shorts: J. Crew chino (worn a lot)
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks Finch wedges or here for just the tan on super-sale (worn here and here before)
Necklace: gift from family

Um, I go outside during the daylight, really. I'm just still ridiculously pale.
(And no, I have no idea what I'm doing).


Top: Anthropologie Molded & Melded (I got an XS and it is kind of big - anyone else have this problem?)
Shorts: J. Crew Brigitte gingham poplin (worn here before)
Shoes: Mossimo by Target (worn here and here and here before)

Special thanks to the big sis today who had an extra special treat from home sent down to me - thanks for the wonderful care package, C!


Nothing like super-rich cheesecake to pretty put me right to sleep on a Sunday afternoon ...

Randomness: Can you smell over your grilled hot dogs and sweating glasses of lemonade that fall is apparently fast approaching? Buy your wool coats, quick! Aside from Anthropologie's snuggly new offerings, check out Boden's fall collection, available for pre-order for 20% off and free shipping.

7 comments:

  1. Your sis is so sweet for sending you that Junior's cheesecake. I'm not a fan of cheesecake but I still have very fond memories of Juniors both in Brooklyn and Grand Central station. I love both outfits and wish that I had more gingham pieces in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sister! I love me some gingham, so I love both these outfits! The Anthro tee is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gingham, esp those cute shorts! I'm glad I'm not the only person who buys multiples of an item that I love!

    That cheesecake looks delicious - you have a great sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had some of the same problems with the molded and melded tee. I felt like the waist area wasn't as fitted as I'd like. It's unfortunate cause I woulda gotten two of those little suckers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cheesecake is making me hungry!! That gingham is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Fallon. I probably haven't had cheesecake in a few years, but do like it as an indulgence. Any more than a tiny slice, though, and I'm on cheesecake overload.

    Thanks, Peggy! I think gingham is my solution to keep from wearing stripes pretty much every day. But ooh, maybe stripes and gingham?

    Thanks, Eek. I do love my multiples - if it works, why not have it all colors? :o)

    I totally agree, Cindi. I (obviously) kept my white one, but it has been down-graded to super casual day wear because it kind of fits real big. Maybe it'd be different if I had any boobs, sigh.

    Thanks, Tricia! Little bit of cheesecake goes a looooooooong way. That thing is going to last me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I'm loving all the gingham on you! Both pieces are wonderfully summery and pretty. (Multiples of the shirt are *totally* justified btw.) And that cheesecake -- wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...