24 June 2010

Classic Checked Chinos



Feeling vaguely Maggie Gyllenhaal from Mona Lisa Smile today. If only I could achieve her perfectly tousled curls.

Top: Lands' End Canvas gingham poplin (worn here and here before)
Skirt: J. Crew chino back-tie (worn here before)
Shoes: Keds Spright wedges (worn here and here and here before)

First, great big THANK YOU goes out to Prettyface! I was the lucky one to be picked to win her Anthro giveaway! I did literally look like Macauley Caulkin when he screamed into the mirror in Home Alone when I saw the post. If you haven't checked out her lovely blog yet, Not Just A Pretty Face, please do!

Second, I got my Sam Edelman Kasi wedges in and I actually really really like them. For their height, they are comfy and really light (plus they're like 40% off right now - yes, I am easily tempted). If anyone else is looking for a high platform wedge, I recommend these!


But alas for me, they're going back. There's not much ankle support there and my klutzy self in these shoes in public would certainly turn into GA's first wedge sandal-related fatality. Sorry to take full advantage of your free shipping and returns policy, Endless, but I had a brief misguided moment of thinking I was cooler and more coordinated than I really am. Le sigh.


Finally, I forgot to post a pic of my roasted shrimp cocktail from weeks ago. They turned out really well and was super-easy to make (if you choose not to peel and devein your own shrimp, it is even easier - what can I say, I like food prep). Find the recipe here - thanks, Ina Garten!

18 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!! Got your e-mail- I'll reply later. Congrats! :-) YOU DESERVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable outfit. You look cute as ever. Can't wait to try the shrimp recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gingham shirt, so summery and the shoes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucks about your shoes lacking ankle support :(. I hate when that happens. I LOVE that necklace it looks like a bunch of necklaces in one~ XOXO, Natalya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those gingham shirts - so classic and cute, you look great! And shrimp are my most favorite food in the world, I'm off to check out the recipe link - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i heart ina and that gorgeous blue skirt! gingham button downs are so preppy chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute skirt. I love J. Crew skirts, they fit so well on me. Pants, now that's a different story, but I sure do love their skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb skirt and gingham top. Very well put-together!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  9. those wedges are HAWT!
    I too would bust an ankle. I'm such a shoe wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on winning the giveaway and I love your outfit, so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the crystal web necklace...does it move around or tangle? It really grabbed my attention when it first came out. Too bad about the shoes, but probably a wise decision!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the gingham and white looks so summer chic. bummer about the wedges. although, i always get this weird sense of satisfaction when i return because i know that means the money's coming back for me to buy something else. i've been eyeing those wedges, too, but i may have overwedged this year. asking myself if i really *need* another pair.

    somehotdishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I just tell you I got the best laugh at your comment from this morning: "hulk'Hogan style" omg. Laugh out loud for real!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue - I like my necklace but it is a tangle-fest. How it lays in the pic above is pretty much how it lays all the time - it's not as symmetrical laying (does that make sense?) as it is on the product shot. I still like it though - I'm not big on big bling so this necklace is "casual" enough for me.

    Thanks, Kcookski. I'm the same way about returns - but then for some reason it opens up a thought in my mind that if I am returning these shoes, doesn't it mean it is OK for me to look for another pair?

    Thanks again, prettyface!

    Thanks for your lovely comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, prettyface! I kind of wished I had kept the dress now (or took a picture)! I did literally have to rip the dress off me to get it off - it was sad but necessary.

    Retailers who make those useless half zips up the side that don't actually release any fabric, you did it this to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your look today! Sorry those shoes didn't work out - they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa. I love the wedges... too bad you're returning them.. but at least it's for good reason. I'm guilty of being "too lazy" to return something and it just sits (and sits and sits and sits, did I mention sits) in my closet forever! hee hee. Happy Sunday sweetie.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...