14 May 2010

Playing Favorites

Like the rest of you ladies, I have a closet full of clothes that doesn't get enough attention. Yet it doesn't keep me from continually adding to my collection. And I'm really no good with the whole Stacy and Clinton school of managing my wardrobe, meaning getting rid of things you haven't worn in like a year or the concept of "one piece in, one piece out."

I could probably be better at shopping my closet if I was a dream organizer with an enviable wardrobe like Jan (I bow down to your close organization skills) or had the adeptness to play mental Tetris with her pieces like Roxy, but I'm not that talented. I try to be organized, but always find myself "rediscovering" unloved pieces in my dresser or closet, which means I don't know my own wardrobe as well as I should (now if that's not a sign I need to cut back on shopping, ha ha ... but that's a topic we could all probably discuss for days and thus should be saved for another time).

And what have I been doing to help my attention-starved wardrobe? Not a whole lot, especially since there are a few pieces that I find myself drawn too time and time again - because they're versatile and easy. I know how they fit and will look and I know I won't have to fiddle faddle with it all day or work at making it work.

So sorry if you ladies are getting worn out of seeing the Infinity belt or my newest go-to, these Reaction sandals (why in the world did I not have black sandals until now?!) but they work for me and I loves them.

Do you gals have a favorite accessory or piece of clothing that you find yourself putting on time and time again?


When I first saw this top, it reminded me of the Banderole Top from Anthro,
but like a more colorful and less exposed second cousin.
I like second cousins.

Need any proof that I am a do do head? Nopers ...
You don't want to see the poses I did for pliĆ©.  :o)

Top: Forever 21 Aztec Woven
Sweater: Target cotton cropped cardigan
Jeans: Banana Republic classic skinny
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction Pine A Colada
Necklace: Laila Rowe

Have a lovely weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! And your post reminds me- I *still* need to organize my closet and take some pics for the blog- ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so cute! and I am just like you - I have things I love and just want to wear them over and over again! Those black sandals are dreamy, so I will not tire of seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The adeptness to play mental Tetris with her pieces" -- what a clever phrase!

    I think you look super-cool in this outfit. And yes, I have things I wear over and over. I'm wearing a new cardigan today, and thinking it would be a good thing to wear every single day till I'm 100. Unfortunately, it will probably fall apart before then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit!! I would wear that belt all the time if I had it too! I am so bad at closet organization too...I am only interested in adding things. I rarely take them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the opposite and want to wear everything as fairly as possible. The things that don't get worn are my special occasion dresses and shoes, but if I have the chance, I work those in too.

    It works out for me since I never want to do laundry ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh rest assured Stacy & Clint would not be impressed with some of the unflattering, ill-fitting, not my style clothing hanging in my closet for much, much too long for what reason I do not know??? I am bad at rotating things OUT even though there is always plenty coming in...

    I love your black sandals and that belt - that's why they are great basics, they go with tons, so you should wear them tons! Cute outfit today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you have an amazing closet full of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always feel that way about shoes! I reach for the same ones out of habit, and I have to think about my other options! but if it works, then I think you should go for it even if it's a bit repetitive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara - I totally believe having an organized closet would help a gal better know and understand her closet. Now, what I believe and what I do are two completely separate things though ...

    Thanks, Peggy! These sandals are surprisingly super-comfy and so easy to reach for, ack!

    Lady Cardi - I'm a firm believer in buying multiples of something if you love it! :o)

    Thanks for visiting, Leslie. I am kind of the same way - I used to buy things and they would just hang in my closet only for my viewing pleasure. I think blogging has definitely helped me actually wear what I buy. And it's totally enabled my shopping, but that's besides the point.

    You crack me up, Jinah. I wish I could treat my closet so democratically. Laundry, I'm OK with, but my dry cleaning pile still has stuff in from like '09. Literally.

    Jan - Well fashion is cyclical, so whatever is currently out of style always coming back in. So you're actually saving in the long run and I consider your collection just planning for the future. :o)

    Thanks, OneCraftyFox - I just shop waaay too much, ha.

    Thanks, Liz. I may just have to start a black shoe collection (it's way out there, I know).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! Yeah, I have several items I keep wearing over and over... but I think what I wear the most is my brown liz claiborn purse.. it simply goes with everything, I love it!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovveeee tribal print! So cute

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...