19 May 2010

Playa de Lunares

The weather here in NYC the last few days has been "blah" to say the least. Not to mention I had a brief bout of head cold yesterday (or was it my first migraine? Well whatever it is where your sinuses feel like they're going to explode and your head hurts so bad you feel slightly nauseated and can only jab at your dinner and then go to bed before it was completely dark outside so you missed watching the new episode of The City - whatever that is, I had).

I feel a ton better today but unfortunately the weather is kind of iffy, so I thought I'd post a "fantasy" OOTD (what I'd be wearing if the weather would cooperate and if I wasn't carless and stuck working). This outfit is comprised from a bunch of recent purchases - those white shoes I'm still kind of scratching my head about and items purchased from the J. Crew Aficionada b-day discount:




Dress: J. Crew dotted Playa
Jacket: Banan Republic cotton sateen moto
Belt: J. Crew skinny croc embossed
Shoes: Vince Camuto ballet flats
Necklace: J. Crew Crystal Web

And remember me mentioning that I was Anthro'd out - oh say ... yesterday? Well I still am (or was) before I saw this:


Soooo pretty. And pretty affordable in Anthro-world. But I don't know, I kind of think it's a little too "sweet" (at least for me). And though it looks like a cute little crossbody purse, I think it is borderline messenger bag size (11" x 14"), which means you'd essentially be hauling around a massive bow. You gals likey?

16 comments:

  1. i love how the belt adds such a pretty punch of color! I LOVE THAT BAG! I WANT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more ginormous the bow, the more I love...

    Your belt makes the FOOTD - really cute!!! I am outside of Philadelphia, and agree - what is up with our weather? Thank goodness tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, but I if i had it the print would throw me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fantasy outfit! Your new shoes look amazing!

    Cute cute purse too - I love the giant bow on it! I went to Anthro today to take advantage of the big sale and my birthday discount...found some cute stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The knotted bag is pretty cute! I love bows, so I can't help but love this too! Btw... Thanks for the sweet comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the print on the bag, but not the bow. I admire your Banana Republic jacket. And good use of the shoes!

    Thank you for the tip about Lands' End gingham shirts. Sleeve length may still be an issue, but I used to wear a lot of LE and found it to be excellent quality. I think they have petites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh the bag IS gorgeous. The bow could easily be overwhelming but somehow it works. And you're totally right. $78 is Anthro-affordable.

    Thanks for the comment on my Wordless Wednesday post today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh me likey that bag A LOT! and it totally is affordable for Anthro. wow! I think I need to head to the website right now! Thanks for sharing Lisa... oh and by the way.. I love the outfit.. I think the shoes look great!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw how long are you in NYC for?! we have to meet up one of these days for some major shopping hehe. I think the bag is really cute and would work for a number of occasions but I guess it would be better to see it IRL to know for sure if the bow would overwhelm the entire thing! Hope you're having fun, it's supposed to be sunny and warm today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your jacket is phenomenal!

    I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the Anthro bag - the print is a little bit strange against the cognac trim. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comments, ladies.

    I like the bag myself in the pic, but I think I would have to see it IRL to really know how the pattern and leather translates. Now if it was done up in ALL leather, I'd be all over it like a wild spider monkey!

    Spiffy/Tippy - I'm only here until Saturday unfortunately, and technically I'm still working, so though I get to be with the fam, unfortunately I don't have much free time to explore or do fun things!

    Spiffy - are you in the NYC area too?

    Tippy - we totally should meet up some day and shop our butts off! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit! That moto is to die for — love the sateen twist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, the bag is cute! I just hope the bow looks that good in real life! I find that a lot of bow-ed items have sad bows, which in turn makes me sad.

    The outfit is really cute too, I like the belt you put under the jacket/over the dress! As for the flats, I think they work with the light-colored jacket you have on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, I'm in Brooklyn - first stop off the L train :)

    Maybe next time! Hope you enjoyed your trip, at least the weather cooperated for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...