27 May 2010

Blooming Ikat




Top: Anthropologie Deletta Rare Bloom (worn here before)
Skirt: Xhiliration Ikat smocked from Target (worn here before)
Shoes: Arturo Chiang At-Thea peep-toes (worn here before)
Bracelets: Old Navy enamel bangles

So one of my must-have summer staples had been to find a great brown-tan leather wedge sandal I could actually walk in. I started this search about a week or two ago, and for some reason I had it in my head that my perfect pair was the Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges in cognac - which I was always pretty sure my chances on scoring a pair were next to nill. My closest Targets don't have them (nor had I ever seen them) and Ebay auctions for the wedges are stilling ringing up to $100 or more (I don't love any clothing or accessory piece enough to pay over retail for it, sorry).

Thus, after much hemming and hawing over five million and one similar-looking brown-tan sandals that ranged in price from ghastly to "is this just a sandal-making kit?", I finally ended up purchasing a semi-inspired-by looking wedge (think second cousin once or twice removed):

Indigo by Clarks Finch wedges (see them here, or here for less)

Not the same and not as edgy as the Vincent wedges, but I think this will be a nice neutral addition to my summer wardrobe (yeah, 'cause I needed more shoes), and the low platform height will actually be comfy nice and wearable.

And to all you ladies who can prance about confidently in your 4" and above wedges or chunky heels, I salute you - and I invite you to take at look at these (so pretty and on sale - my first choice had I not thought I'd break my dang ankles in them), these (also on sale, hello!) and these, if you're searching for hot pairs of summery platform wedges.

My next "great" summer fashion search: The Romper (da-da-dummmm ...) IF I can find the perfect flattering one that doesn't make me think toddlerville or "Pretty Woman 2010" - and IF I can get over the whole completely undressing to use the ladies room thing.

What are your summer must-haves?

12 comments:

  1. Hooray, another Indigo by Clarks lover! I am currently obsessed with their Plover wedges, which I reviewed here. I've now bought them in 2 colors and want the rest as well, they are THAT amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer must have was the same as yours: wedges, and ones inspired by CV for Target as well. Ahhhh so frustrating. I'd love to get my hands on them. The alternative you found is very nice!

    I'm excited to see what kind of romper you find! I'm sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh those look great! I'm sure you will use them all of the time. I, too, have been searching for a romper. I tried one on that I actually liked, but it was very expensive so I decided against it. And now I need to go watch Pretty Woman =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh How I wish I could fit into Anthro, but I can get your Target skirt....Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have the dilemma of choosing the fabulous killer heels over the more sensible styles. I am definitely on the market for some cool wedges for the summer...you chose some cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that skirt!

    and I think those wedges are a great, still stylist, but more comfortable alternative to ultra high heels/wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wedges you chose! I probably shouldn't say this out loud...but I didn't care for the CV ones... LOVE the Rare Bloom on you so much, and I can''t believe that bangle is ON -it looks much more expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit! I stupidly passed on that skirt at Target, and my guess is they don't have it anymore. And you are smart for not paying over retail for the CV wedges. They are super cute and I love mine, but they aren't holding up all that well. Not worth a penny more than the $30 price tag. I'm going to have to start searching for a similar pair soon. Love the ones you picked out!

    http://southern-bargainista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. when did clarks get so cute?!? those are a great substitute for the cv wedges (and more walkable since they appear to be lower). good find! but i reaaaaaallly love that skirt.
    my summer must haves? my closet is so stuffed, but i'm thinkin' i need me some cool jewelry to make my boring tees and tanks POP.

    somehotdishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit! BTW I checked out your Playa dress outfit post and think it looks super cute the way you styled it with the cardi and belt. :)

    I hear you about the shoes. I love, love the look of the edgy sky high wedges, but just can't make the leep to wearing them in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. eeeee, i almost bought those wedges! i have some from clarks which i just adore. can't wait to hear how you like those.
    and i love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AppGal - I currently have a pair of the Edamame's and can't believe how "stylish" Clarks has become. I always thought of them as maker of the really wide, really big heeled "sensible" shoes.

    Breanne - I think the CV wedges are kind of a mirage (at least for me). I've never seen sign or sight of them with my own eyes. I still want a pair.

    Thanks, Lisa and Lesa!

    Eek and Natalie - I've seen some of both your shoes, ladies, and you definitely are two of those gals who can rock a super-high heel. I bow to your both.

    Thanks, Jan. ON came out with these a few years back - they reminded me of JC and for like $3 ea, I totally snatched them up. Now I regret not having gotten them in more colors.

    Thanks, Julianne. Sorry to hear about your wedges, but they look awesome on you and I definitely think you've got your money's worth.

    Kcookski - I'm totally a latecomer when it comes to accessorizing. I woefully lack any good jewelry or belts. Making it up in the belt department now though! And I completely agree about Clarks - when did they start making such awesome shoes I actually want to wear?!

    Thanks, ABC! I am a total klutz in real-life, so I always have to be careful with my shoes. Not even joking a little about the klutz part.

    WWNW - I love your Clarks and how you've been wearing them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...