06 April 2010

Staysail Afloat

I've decided to take this opportunity with BF being out of town to go hang out with some gal pals later this evening. And since this dress is so easy peesy, I don't think I'll need to change at all from day time to night time (especially since my idea of a ladies night still involves me drinking Blue Moon in copious amounts, so low heels and a dark dress seem like good ideas).

I didn't think much of this dress when I first bought it, but I officially love it. The waist cinches me right in even without a belt, the material is a silky medium-weight rayon so it's not too heavy yet not so light that it begs for some sort of slip, it's got these cool brass accents AND pockets for snacks.


Hm, I thought I loved this dress, but this pic makes it look like I have noassatall syndrome.




Dress: Anthropologie Maeve Staysail Shirt (on sale - also in blue!)
Belt: Urban Outfitters Deena & Ozzy stretch
Shoes: Arturo Chiang At-Thea
Necklace: J. Crew glass cylinder in amber
Bracelet: J. Crew demi studded bangle

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic dress–it looks great the way you're wearing it, and I imagine it's really versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, lisa!!! I love it. I especially love the belt and shoes you paired it with! HOpe you have a good GNO ;)

    Enter to win a William Riera dress!
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those shoes. I really do. I want to swipe them right off your feet! Also, you definitely don't look short in the dress – I think it hits you at the perfect place! And I agree that when copious amounts of Blue Moon is involved, low heels and dark colors are the way to go! Have a fun ladies night out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love the jazzy pose! This dress looks perfect for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! you're workin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one of the few J. Crew necklaces I've seen that I actually like a lot. Love your shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, ladies.

    I think I'll need to incorporate more "jazzy" poses to my daily pics. It's way more fun than trying to look fashion-y, because that rarely works out, ha.

    And I highly endorse this dress - I got it in the blue too. Too bad it doesn't photograph really well, but it is super-comfy and versatile. And I love anything with pockets nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...