16 April 2010

Geek in the Pink (and a Wee Bit of Miss Trish)

BF and I have been on a late '90s/early '00s music kick lately and have spent endless hours with the tunes of Counting Crows, Vanessa Carlton, Jazon Mraz, Gavin DeGraw, Lifehouse, Dave Matthews and even a little  Hootie blazing through our house as background. Is it bad to think that music was more meaningful and better back then? Granted, if you ask the BF, he thinks the best music was from the '60s.



If you ever doubted if I was a geek. Not that you ever doubted.

Shirt: Lands' End Canvas gingham poplin (worn here before)
Skirt: Ann Taylor cotton
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity
Shoes: Sofft Vivian patent leather slingbacks
Necklace: Anthropologie Double Torsade (worn here before)

And have I been living under a pumpkin? How did I miss out on the release of the new Miss Trish of Capri footwear line for Target? Well, I did miss out on her line last year because I was then not yet up-to-speed on the greatness of Target designer collaborations, but apparently she's got a new kids and womens line out. I can only find the kids line on Target's site now, but here is some more info from Target Addict and pics of some the awesome shoes from Target's pressroom and IRL ones from Dogmom's Dish.


Lastly, for of us who missed out on the Stormy Seas necklace from Anthro and don't want to pay $80 on Ebay (Really? Really?), it looks like F21 has restocked their homage necklace, the pear-shaped collar necklace for a whopping $8.80.


Have a lovely weekend, ladies!

24 comments:

  1. I loved Miss Trish's line last year, so I'm going to have to check out this year's edition.

    Love your pretty skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your look today - so cute!

    I managed to snag 2 pairs of Miss Trish sandals from Target last year, but I am really looking forward to Cynthia Vincent, which should be out on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! LOVE IT! This may be my favorite from you yet! The gingham shirt is so fun with this skirt, and it's a little unconventional, too! I missed the Miss Trish line last year too, but I need to stop spending all my money! AHHH! But I bet the sandals are going to be so cute! AHHHHHHHH!

    Also, I LOVE 90s music. And 80s music. And a lot of the earlier stuff. I agree with you -- it seems music back then had more heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit! I saw that necklace last night and got excited, but I have the F21 white version AND the orange stormy seas ones already, so I dont think I need another. Sad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always all about 90's music. I love your pattern mixing here--that skirt is lovely!

    Unravelled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a lizard on that shoe?

    Your skirt is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you - totally missed Miss Trish line - Maggie had tried the kids ones 2 months ago and when I passed them today it didn't even dawn on me it was for women not kids!! So I did not try them on - ugh! I did get some super cheap Mossimo flats in red ($3), yellow and fushia ($4)!!!

    Great outfit - I looove gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this outfit is soooooooooooooooooo great! love the color & pattern mix!

    i keep seeing other blogger friends wear lands end clothing...maybe i should jump on the bandwagon? their clothes look so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh heck yeah! I'm heading over to F21 STAT. Love the skirt lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this outfit. I need to recreate this. Asap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is genius pairing Lisa- I love the mix of the patterns and colors. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute outfit! I haven't tried the pattern mixing yet as I feel it can look harsh, and I think this is the first mixed pattern outfit I've seen that I'm loving! It just works!

    And on another note, I've GOT to get my hands on a pair of these sandals! I love the black coral ones, and there is also a white pair with a turquoise jeweled seahorse that I just ADORE! I'm going to my Target as soon as I open my eyes tomorrow!

    http://southern-bargainista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pattern mixing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your outfit, too, and especially that pretty skirt.

    About music, I prefer early '90s/grunge era, but yes, I think all '90s music was better than today's. I especially like Dave Matthews. Since Britney Spears and her ilk came along, music seems to have died. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute outfit! I love the skirt & belt :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this combo w/the gingham shirt as well. Very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that belt. I've been eyeing all the belts like that at Anthropologie. :)

    That's so funny... you can't swim either but went white water rafting? Yeah I figured if I wedge my entire body into the side and bottom I should be alright. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look lovely!! I love the pattern mixing with the shirt and red skirt!

    Enter to win a vintage button-down shirt!
    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

    I'm amazed at that $8.80 necklace! You've got to be kidding me...such a great price when it looks so fab.

    xox,

    Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a great look! the patterns and colors are unexpected but wonderful combos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for all your comments, ladies!

    Thanks for stopping by and visiting, Bre, alltumbledown, Tam Pham and Lesa!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was at F21 yesterday and saw the necklace in both colors. Very pretty, the green is brighter, more jade green. I've never seen Anthro's famous stormy seas but this version has large stones, too large on petite me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I missed the necklace online perhaps I will have to run to the store to see if I spy it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...