12 April 2010

A Dotty Day

I am sure PALE. Really pale. It looks really bad/mildly reflective when I stand in the sunlight. If they need a Bella Swan body double for any of the kissing scenes with Edward for the next Twilight movie, I've got the pale part down (I just watched New Moon yesterday so I've got vamps and wolves dancing through my head. And is it bad I actually got teary-eyed at one point?)

I did purchase some Nivea moisturizer/sunless tanner but only managed to turn the tops of my feet orange. My legs seemed to have reflected any tanner away, and I've been using this stuff for a week now.

And what sucks is that I freckle easily, so more time in the actual sun just means more connect-the-dots freckles on my face. Not cute. I can see why people get spray tanned before going to the beach now.

What do you lovely ladies do when it's time to bare limbs? At this point I just grin and blind people.


I tried some pics in the sunlight but I was so bright that it was almost as if I sparkled.
But think more purely blinding and less twinkly and magical.


Dress: Ann Taylor Loft Dotty Blossoms (worn here before)
Cardigan: J. Crew Jackie (worn here before)
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity
Shoes: Mossimo wedge sandals from Target

Yesterday I tried the spaghetti alla carbonara from Saveur magazine. The recipe was simple and delicious but really really rich - a little goes a long way. What can go wrong with cheese, eggs and bacon? I added in some fresh basil for extra flavor.

16 comments:

  1. Pretty dress and shoes! I'm ridiculously pale, too, and Jergen's lotions turn me orange... I've used Neutrogena micromist Airbrush Sunless Tan Spray a few times and I really like it!

    Unravelled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks so adorable on you and your Carbonara looks so delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks great on you! I'm super pale too, so I hit up the tanning bed a bit this time of year. Also with the self tanner, it helps to exfoliate a bit before trying to use it. Throw some sugar into your regular body wash and use as a scrub, and try it again. That may make it stick to your legs better! I find that often works for me.

    I just started my first blog and would love for you to check it out! http://southern-bargainista.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! If I hadn't already bought the Ink Dot dress from Loft I would have gotten this one. You look great...pale legs and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking about ordering some Jackie cardigans for spring. I'm torn between them and the (more pricey) Ethereal Ruffle cardi.

    The Carbonara looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How have I not found your blog sooner? You are adorable! And omigosh, major craving for that carbonara now - oh. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah honey, I'm pale too, just think..in 30 years it will pay off, right?
    I really like that dress, I bought it's sister-twin, the ink-dot dress. Thanks for reminding me it's in my closet begging for attention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must have that belt! It's exactly what I've been looking for!!

    Thanks for your comment about my earrings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am pale too but yeah...what spiffy said!!! ;)

    Love that dress on you!!

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so silly. You are totally not offensively pale. I think just being in the South you have to deal with the tanning obsession. I love today's outfit, the dress is super flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am pretty much glow in the dark at this point, so I know how you feel. You have great legs though, so show em off! :)

    I saw this dress at AT the other day and loved it but they were out of my size and I was afraid my ample shoulders would be further highlighted by the sleeves. It looks like a perfect fit on you and I like the color pairing with the sweater and sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tip on the Neutrogena stuff, Melanie!

    Good note on the sugar, I forgot about exfoliating prior to self-tanning. Thanks, Julianne!

    I personally prefer the Jackies, Blondie. I think they're more classic and come in a bazillion colors. And they're cheaper(though they used to be $48 like two years ago - wtf with the inflation, JC?)

    Thanks for following, Jan!

    This belt has become my new fave, Amy. It sucks you right in but it doesn't hold you so tight that you don't feel comfy or can't eat.

    Thanks for your comments, FT, Eek, Spiffy and Elaine!

    Thanks for visiting, Lesa.

    Thanks, Jinah. I've done the over-tanned thing before and it ain't pretty on me. I just would like a little bit of a sun-glistened glow, so I don't match with my white shirts.

    E -I have some broad shoulders and usually stay awar from capped sleeves, but this cut has been kind to me. I think ATL makes a few other dresses with similar cuts too! And I've seen your pics, lady, you so do not have ample shoulders. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that dress, it's such a pretty silhouette. Haha, I'm a bit pale too.

    Thank you for your sweet comment. I really appreciate it <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this outfit! And those target wedge shoes! OH target, you never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...