11 March 2010

"Effortless Calm"

I generally feel like a crampy ass today (you know why ... ladies) and wanted to spend the day wallowing under my covers and enjoying the sucky weather in my misery.

Alas I don't live in I-can-do-whatever-I-want world, so I willed myself to shower and into my closet, all-the-while trying not to reach for my over-sized sweatshirt and ratty jeans.

I took a cue from some of you bloggettes out there and dressed in spite of how I felt and pulled out this forgotten tunic from Forever 21. Silly me, I've never worn it before, probably because it's dang see-through (wear a cami, dur), and probably because I could never figure out what to do with it.

Thanks to all the fashionale inspirations from you fellow fashion bloggers, I finally ended up with this and think I look alright, even though I feel like going back to bed and curling into the fetal position. Yes, BF stays clear from me this time of the month ...




Cardigan: J. Crew Jackie in bright seaside
Top: Forever 21 Effortless Calm woven tunic
Belt: Urban Outfitters Deena & Ozzy stretch (it's like $9 now!)
Jeans: J. Crew hipslung (this pair is practically prehistoric since the Crew seems to think short people don't wear jeans anymore)
Shoes: Nine West PTCharla

9 comments:

  1. feel better! i always grab my yoga pants on my you know what because they are so so comfy! you're a trooper for getting all dressed up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - I really love that top -- so feminine and pretty. Looks great against the Jackie cardigan.

    I've been getting better about dressing myself thanks to the inspiration out there in the blogosphere.

    - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Ashley. It was not great for a couple of hours, but I've had copious amounts of Advil and feel "normal" again. Though, if this was the weekend, I wouldn't have gotten out of jammie pants.

    Thanks, JoAnn. Being involved in blogging has definitely helped me reach out of my fashion comfort-zone and is helping in my (still) developing style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that tunic. I find that if I dress pretty, I feel better too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, all I want to do is be lazy and lie around in bed during that time of the month too. Love the top - it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I totally know what you mean.. but dressing up usually makes me feel a little better...if only for an hour or so! lol!

    I love the tunic!! I'm glad you wore it. And that you paired it with that mint cardi!

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like! I know what you mean about THAT time, though, UGH. Boyfriend is good to me during that time... he nurses me with a whoooole lot of painkillers, haha! I love the cardigan with the tunic! The colors are AWESOME together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, OneCraftyFox. It did make me feel "human" to dress up, I need to do it more often.

    Thanks, Audrey!

    Thanks, Elaine and Amy. Mint seems to be one of the "hot" colors for the spring and I wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Plus why did I wait so long, that color is frickin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...